First 21011121314 Last

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    Haha, I can't imagine you being scary
    Scary because I express such intense interest that they actually worry about my sanity and their safety. Well, my weird way of thinking helps make the intense interest seem crazier.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    ENTP

Well I guess over the internet especially it's easy to forget the regional differences people have to contend with. I mean I expect it'd be a lot harder for a really free-thinking introvert to be able to screw up the courage to talk to people if they've grown up around narrow minded rednecks than it is for me living in a liberal university city...
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Well I guess over the internet especially it's easy to forget the regional differences people have to contend with. I mean I expect it'd be a lot harder for a really free-thinking introvert to be able to screw up the courage to talk to people if they've grown up around narrow minded rednecks than it is for me living in a liberal university city...
    My life's story from 0 - 18 years of age.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENTP

then I guess the same could go in reverse.. I mean if you HAVE grown up around narrow minded rednecks and you're on the internet, I guess equal allowance could be made for presuming the other person to not be a redneck and therefore y'know, feel a bit more at ease?
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

then I guess the same could go in reverse.. I mean if you HAVE grown up around narrow minded rednecks and you're on the internet, I guess equal allowance could be made for presuming the other person to not be a redneck and therefore y'know, feel a bit more at ease?
    Eh, being a Creationist who is into Science doesn't seem to draw an amicable crowd. I still have to filter what I say.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

I've seen what a countrified redneck lifestyle can do to an INTP. It's bizarre.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    I think most introverts would be really flattered if you approached them about something specific about them that you noticed. Then we would have a connecting point, and we'd know that we'd caught your eye in some specific way.
    Actually this really caught my eye because though it tallies with some of my experience, I also have experience of doing just that and getting non-committal sounding grunts that have made me feel very much like I was intruding on their thoughts and not wanted, only for them to tell me much, much later in our acquaintanceship, after MUCH hard work from me to befriend them, that they did feel very flattered and pleased, but didn't know what to say. I'd rather they'd just said "I don't know what to say.... thanks!" though, than just grunt and turn back round. What was I supposed to think?

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Mondo View Post
    For some reason, I'm not surprised to hear that, Haphazard.
    My next piece of advice would be to form bonds with others based on similar interests.
    Some of my best friends are arrogant and have zero empathy but we have a lot of things in common and similar senses of humor.
    Oh, but I'm not humorous at all.

What I can't stand is that people can insist on talking when there's shit that's got to be done. It's impossible to get anybody to do anything when they're busy socializing. I remember I heard once that NTJs are 'coordinators.' I know from experience that it is impossible for more than one person to be coordinated at a time. Therefore, I prefer to be alone.

I can talk about nothing when there's nothing better to do. The only problem is that there is always something better to do -- on top of that, 80% of the time, there is something I should be doing instead. And apparently, attending to things that need to be done makes me a horrible person.

For some reason the people around me have boundless energy to waste talking to each other. I guess for them, talking is a free action, while for me it's a major feat. I don't know. I can't stand delay forced upon me by people who insist on just talking.

On top of that, what I say doesn't make any sense to me anyway, and it usually doesn't make any sense to other people, either. For some reason, what I type is usually halfway coherent, but it's not so when I talk. And when I actually speak, the words are just gone. My thoughts leave. It's insubstantial. Expression makes it meaningless, when it comes to more important matters. It would probably be better for me if I could even just cough out words like most people instead of them being forced out with violent, wracking heaves -- but then I'd probably end up alienating people from me even more.

But these are just my own pains, not caused by introversion... but certainly facilitated by it.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    WEEEEEHAWWWW! I've worked in the blue collar realm, off and on.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Lithium View Post
    I've noticed that extroverts can be intimidated by me. Especially as they can observe I'm not shy and I can be talkative on occasions, when they then see that I'm not as giving again it might confuse them in someway.
    This happens to me, too. But really, at heart, I am shy. I just have learned to cover it. I have definitely confused people before, b/c I'm comfortable in front of a group, and I'm comfortable with certain people. So others see me being extraverted and friendly with certain people and they assume I'm dissing them. But then I also, again, don't see the need to connect with everyone in the world, and am somewhat baffled when I've hurt people by not connecting with them. I feel bad about that, but then also realize I don't have the energy to try to connect with everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    Have you been spying on me?

Actually this really caught my eye because though it tallies with some of my experience, I also have experience of doing just that and getting non-committal sounding grunts that have made me feel very much like I was intruding on their thoughts and not wanted, only for them to tell me much, much later in our acquaintanceship, after MUCH hard work from me to befriend them, that they did feel very flattered and pleased, but didn't know what to say. I'd rather they'd just said "I don't know what to say.... thanks!" though, than just grunt and turn back round. What was I supposed to think?
    I probably go a little overboard in terms of thanking the person and making them realize I'm grateful they gave me a compliment. B/c even introverts don't know how to react when someone doesn't appreciate a compliment. The best thing to do is just to observe what kind of person they are. Chances are, they just have a problem with compliments in general. *sigh* People are hard.