User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    You could think about this another way too.

A T, who is not so in touch with his emotions, cause his F-Function is not so good.

Such a person is frustrating and you despair, cause he never gets you right, when you are F. That is a problem in communication then. But it is not his intention, to be cold and professional.
    Okay, Entropie - serious question now because I am really trying to understand, not bust your britches - how can a person not be in touch with emotions? I mean they are there - you just - well - know - you feel!!! How can you not feel, or not know? I mean, is it just unclear? Do you sit there and think, "Shit, I wish I knew how I felt about this thing/person, but I do not know." Or do you think, "Shit I wish I didn't feel anything but I do" Or rather "I don't feel anything HA!" but you do even though you think you don't? Or something else?

That's not snarky. I'm really curious.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Well emotions are within us all, they manifest in different ways.

I was in love with that girl for like 3 years, everytime I saw her, I felt it and I reacted on impulses in her vicinity. I became shy, dumb, clownlike. I did all what my emotions laied out for me.

But my F-Function never gave me the answers, in those times, why she does not see my emotions, why she does not see the same way like I do, what I have to do, to show her what I feel and not to completly make a fool out of me.

What maybe comes natural to you, still is a mystery to me.

Like when my girlfriend starts yelling at me, because I have not called her for 5 days. She then thinks I do not love her anymore, for me it is I "paused" my emotions and was intrested into a thinking matter. Every nite I go asleep I think of her and my emotions towards her are constantly active.

But I just forgot about the good manner to express that, what is a F-Type thing and what is needed to make other people understand how you feel about them, cause they dont see transparent into your heart (what I indirectly expected for a longtime from people).
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    xNFP

Well emotions are within us all, they manifest in different ways.

I was in love with that girl for like 3 years, everytime I saw her, I felt it and I reacted on impulses in her vicinity. I became shy, dumb, clownlike. I did all what my emotions laied out for me.

But my F-Function never gave me the answers, in those times, why she does not see my emotions, why she does not see the same way like I do, what I have to do, to show her what I feel and not to completly make a fool out of me.

What maybe comes natural to you, still is a mystery to me.

Like when my girlfriend starts yelling at me, because I have not called her for 5 days. She then thinks I do not love her anymore, for me it is I "paused" my emotions and was intrested into a thinking matter. Every nite I go asleep I think of her and my emotions towards her are constantly active.

But I just forgot about the good manner to express that, what is a F-Type thing and what is needed to make other people understand how you feel about them, cause they dont see transparent into your heart (what I indirectly expected for a longtime from people).
    Ahhhhhh...okay! Now I think I am starting to understand. This is very interesting.

I wish I could objectively analyze if feelers 'take a break' with thinking tasks for days sort of like thinkers 'take a break' with feeling tasks. But, alas, I am too much of a feeler to be objective, so I probably would not even recognize it. Or is that the problem you thinkers have with us?
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    INFP

*winks* xD

provoke me and I show you reactivism xD *was no invitation to do so* xD
    Well see.

But Im half serious. If you look at the enneagram you have the reactive group (4,6, and 8), the competency group (1,3, and 5) and the positive group (2, 7, and 9). The cold, objective style, which some associate with T, really fits best with the competency types. These types put there feelings away to get things done. (Im not saying they dont have feelings). But T Eights and Sixes will react quite emotional and they need an emotional reaction , too.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Yes that is very good to about the enneagram.

What I think in the long run, what every thinker needs from a feeler, is help to gain hold on his F-ness. My F-ness is Fe so I am talking about good manners, with others thinkers it is Fi and more romantic.

I guess it is pretty hard to help someone developing that, who has an aura of definiteness but trust me. Deep down they need it all.

MBTI
    xNFP

Yes that is very good to about the enneagram.

What I think in the long run, what every thinker needs from a feeler, is help to gain hold on his F-ness. My F-ness is Fe so I am talking about good manners, with others thinkers it is Fi and more romantic.

I guess it is pretty hard to help someone developing that, who has an aura of definiteness but trust me. Deep down they need it all.
    yes, this is so true. My husband tells me all the time that I help him to develop things in himself that were hidden for so long. I think this is what he means.

Interestingly enough - I am a 3 regarding the enneagram. I guess I'm a heathen ENFP. Though, granted, my 2 is also high and my results are very balanced:

Type 1 Perfectionism |||||||||||||| 51%
    Type 2 Helpfulness |||||||||||||| 52%
    Type 3 Image Focus |||||||||||||| 54%
    Type 4 Hypersensitivity |||||||||||| 44%
    Type 5 Detachment |||||||||||| 44%
    Type 6 Anxiety |||||||||||| 50%
    Type 7 Adventurousness |||||||||||| 50%
    Type 8 Aggressiveness |||||||||||||| 51%
    Type 9 Calmness |||||||||||| 45%

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

You are a 10 on my scale xD

MBTI
    xNFP

You are a 10 on my scale xD
    You are too kind.

<Oops, did you mean me or delphyne?>

See, I gotta say - I think I really have the ability to do multiple things because my functions are not so haywire like many people's, regardless of what test I take.

Extroverted (E) 53.57% Introverted (I) 46.43%
    Intuitive (N) 57.58% Sensing (S) 42.42%
    Feeling (F) 55.88% Thinking (T) 44.12%
    Perceiving (P) 53.13% Judging (J) 46.88%

These are very balanced, too.

*shrugs* I guess I'm balanced enough to be rather sane, but just aggressive and adventurous enough to be interesting.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    You are too kind.

<Oops, did you mean me or delphyne?>

See, I gotta say - I think I really have the ability to do multiple things because my functions are not so haywire like many people's, regardless of what test I take.

Extroverted (E) 53.57% Introverted (I) 46.43%
    Intuitive (N) 57.58% Sensing (S) 42.42%
    Feeling (F) 55.88% Thinking (T) 44.12%
    Perceiving (P) 53.13% Judging (J) 46.88%

These are very balanced, too.

*shrugs* I guess I'm balanced enough to be rather sane, but just aggressive and adventurous enough to be interesting.

Nono I mean exactly you xD

I am just watching scrubs right now and I can not stop laughing lol xDD

This is the best show on television, even it is old already xDD

YouTube - Scrubs - The Best Of Dr. Cox Volume One

MBTI
    xNFP

Nono I mean exactly you xD

I am just watching scrubs right now and I can not stop laughing lol xDD

This is the best show on television, even it is old already xDD

YouTube - Scrubs - The Best Of Dr. Cox Volume One
    Let me check it out, and I will give you my insider F insights lol j/k