• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Thought experiment

GarrotTheThief

The Green Jolly Robin H.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Thought experiment
Only think of what you were doing the previous five minutes or what you will be doing in the next five minutes.

Do not think about yesterday or ten years ago or any time before an hour...just think in five to ten minute intervals whereby the center point is your present moment.

Do this for as long as you can before you forget.

GO! NOW!

- - - Updated - - -

Thought experiment
Only think of what you were doing the previous five minutes or what you will be doing in the next five minutes.

Do not think about yesterday or ten years ago or any time before an hour...just think in five to ten minute intervals whereby the center point is your present moment.

Do this for as long as you can before you forget.

GO! NOW!

Oh and report back here when you can if you remember, dudes and dudettes.

GarrotTheThief

The Green Jolly Robin H.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
edit: Do the above while breathing and saying to yourself over and over again, "I am right here, right now..."

Do this every time you catch yourself daydreaming about the future.

What happens...notice...did you crave Doritos? Did you want a cigarette? What impulses are clouding your thoughts?

Luke O

Super Ape
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5 minutes ago: Eating breakfast
5 minutes into the future: Ironing a shirt

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I tried it out for a bit and found that it consists solely of things I have to do. No 'impulses' so far -- just duties and planning how to do them. >_>

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
5 minutes ago - getting coffee
5 minutes from now - getting coffee

Hitoshi-San

MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
???
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
5 minutes ago - googling why the hell people are so obsessed with John Cena

5 minutes from now - making my bed

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
5 minutes ago: started compiling and installing this software
5 minutes from now: will be waiting for installation to complete

Craved coffee. Was sitting right next to me. Drank some coffee

Somehow I'm not daydreaming. That's one for the history books. I think it's because I'm exhausted and don't have the energy to do anything other than what's right in front of me.

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
5 minutes ago: wasting my life on the internet
5 minutes from now: wasting my life on the internet

GarrotTheThief

The Green Jolly Robin H.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
5 minutes ago: I was sitting on my chair, thinking about what to edit out of my Facebook page, deleting my likes and dislikes, feeling kind of happy since I have a new job, but also kind of glum because I'm infatuated with someone but someone I don't like is infatuated with me and because my right arm hurts from playing guitar - I'll probably have to stop and start piano.

Right now: I'm writing this as I realize what I unconsciously started to do but needed to do - edit my Facebook page, and I'm conscious of what I am concious of, self reflecting upon this still pool of water or transient state of inner peace.

5 minutes from now: Will take off my work clothes and change into some new ones while I think about her and how my heart aches for her but how she already has a boyfriend and is a drinking, chain smoking, promiscuous fish that I have no business with. All too often, I have felt this so I have learned to make it work for me in achieving my goals. But I hope one day the one I feel this way for will be true for me and she will feel the same and this game of unrequited love will end for good - or I'll paint a demon stepping on cupid's head again.

small.wonder

So she did.
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
5 minutes ago: making red pepper mac and cheese.

5 minutes from now: eating more red pepper mac and cheese.

I could keep this up. ;)

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
5 minutes ago: ate an ice cream sandwich
5 minutes later: going to play an online game

EDIT: Wait, this is anti-fate here I just decided I want to do something different now, like it spontaneously said: Stop doing what you're going to be doing, and do something else.

I'm crazy!

evilrubberduckie

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
5 minutes ago: driving with instrusctor.

Lasted only 2 minutes thinking about the present while in the backseat of the instructors car before I came accross a burger joint and thought to myself. "Wow, it.looks busy. Must have great burgers. Definantly have to come and check it out in the future when I get my car. Got myself pumped up and excited about it.

What's the point of this? Im not following.

Honustly I dont know how people do it. I constantly think about the future. It makes me happy. Thinking about my present is depressing and boring.

GarrotTheThief

The Green Jolly Robin H.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
five minutes ago was thinking of posting here....
now...posting here...
five minutes from now....going to finish eating this tuna fish and broccolli...maybe sleep, or flip a few tarot cards, then read the bible or learn some more hebrew...yo.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
5 minutes ago: Trying to verify Errol Flynn had 6 STDs
In 5 minutes: ??? dunno, 3 different things, whichever one I feel like. Charge my camera batteries, watch more movie history, browse forum.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
5 minutes ago: taking a flower-oriented personality quiz.

In 5 minutes: I will contemplate brushing my teeth.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
5 minutes ago: completing an online purchase of computer parts
5 minutes from now: checking who is on Vent

This is living with tunnel vision.

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
5 minutes ago, I was in the shower. I hand washed some clothes too and also brushed my teeth.
5 minutes from now, I will eat breakfast. Buttered toast with honey. Actually, I don't know if I'll do that. I haven't decided yet. There's a distinct chance I'll still be on typoc, hahaha.