User Tag List

12 Last

Thread: I/E Attribution

ThatGirl

Default I/E Attribution

Are extroverts those who seek outside aproval while remaining confident on the inside while introverts seem confident on the outside but seek aproval within themselves?

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Nah.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

that seems like Fe vs Fi
    I N V I C T U S

MBTI
    ESTJ

So you think an introvert would look more confident than an extravert on the outside? I guess it depends on your perspective.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTJ

There seem to be variations between types on this trait. ISFJs, the introverts, are more effected by other people's opinions of them than ENTJs while INTJs, also introverts, have more inner self confidence than ENFPs. Unless we're dealing with the Big Five, which assigns self confidence and ambition to the trait of "Extroversion", I doubt that the focus of one's approval seeking can be found in the singular traits of I vs. E. Note that ENTJs and the Darcy-esque INTJs also tend to appear more confident than ISFJs and ENFPs respectively.

MBTI
    ESTJ

Quote Originally Posted by LunarMoon View Post
    There seem to be variations between types on this trait. ISFJs, the introverts, are more effected by other people's opinions of them than ENTJs while INTJs, also introverts, have more inner self confidence than ENFPs. Unless we're dealing with the Big Five, which assigns self confidence and ambition to the trait of "Extroversion", I doubt that the focus of one's approval seeking can be found in the singular traits of I vs. E. Note that ENTJs and the Darcy-esque INTJs also tend to appear more confident than ISFJs and ENFPs respectively.
    on that regard aren't Ts generally more confident than their F counterparts?
    ENTJ > ENFJ
    INTJ > INFJ

Just curious as to what this sort of thing is dependant on.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

see, appear to be more confident
    although the thick-skinned thinkers get the gold in " actually being confident "
    as far as assertive about it, E wins ........i think
    I N V I C T U S

MBTI
    ESTJ

Hmm. This topic is very interesting to me. I've observed within myself and other Fs (especially extraverts) that confidence is totally dependant. I feel confident around my good friends but I guess that may be true of anyone. It just seems like Ts always appear to be confident while mine dwindles with uncertainty.

MBTI
    INTJ

I have struggled with self confidence. Even though part of this is probably due to negative things people have said in the past, I did not try to fix this by seeking approval from others.

I choose a very internal path, with things like reading self help books and repeating postive affirmations.

Ilah

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

To me confidence is remembring, who I am.

My whole life I build an idea of me from different building blocks to form a surreal house that would not last any static examination .

But this is what I search for, when loosing my confidence, I pick longtime proven grounds to rely on.

What I know from people lacking confidence is that they run in Loops, they do not advance. It is no shame to dwell in self-pity and agony, if you are really feeling sad. But from the ideas and expressions you got from this time, you have to build a new block right on top of the old one.

that does mean, even if your thoughts do not come to a solution in a problem, you cant just fall back to the start all the time. Cause most of the times it is the start that prevents you from finding a solution at all.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]