User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Anja View Post
    *Ducks behind bush to watch the big puddy-tat ferociously pounce on the leaves blowing past.*
    Just practising.

Today the leaves, tomorrow Anja.

MBTI
    INFP

Very interesting thread. Actually I was the nastiest child according to my mother but it toned down. The problem with me is that I looked like a sixteen year old when I was in 7th grade, and always went home alone, didn't talk about things like this to my mother.
    I've seen a man masturbate publicly at the age of 13.
    I've been gropped by a man at the age 12, I was frozen by terror but just walked away...
    People would oggle at me in pools all the time with no shame, following me around,disgusting.
    Some men make strange comments and start following me from time to time but I quickly get the f out of there nowadays.The most memorable one said he wanted to get to know me and proceeded in stalking me in the subway car, I told him it was my stop, left the car and crawled back in a while later when everyone was coming out and in. Luckily he didn't catch me.
    I've had way too many people trying to stalk me at a young age since I looked older than I was but didn't have the common sense or awareness necessary at 11-12. Plus the fact that the place I lived in was much safer did not help prepare me.
    I don't acknowledge them nowadays but the "hollering" continues.I cover myself up neatly nowadays in order to stop these kind of unfortunate adventures. It's quite recurrent, I think it also has something to do with the fact that it is okay for men to just try and "hook up" ,get people's numbers off the street.
    example:
    "hey,oh shit girl...hmm..."*starts following for entire block"excuse me, excuse me? I'm trying to get to know you.(It may take time for them to give up depending on the "sanity")
    but for some it's just a nasty look and down the deli I go hiding.

Scream down the boulevard LadyJaye's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Dwigie View Post
    "hey,oh shit girl...hmm..."*starts following for entire block"excuse me, excuse me? I'm trying to get to know you.(It may take time for them to give up depending on the "sanity")
    but for some it's just a nasty look and down the deli I go hiding.
    When I was in my early teens, that sort of behavior used to intimidate me into a form of powerless politeness. Being heckled by strangers always took me off- guard, because it was so blatant and offensive. But as I got older, I realized my best bet was to make an even bigger scene than they were creating, because essentially, they're trying to intimidate you into submission and silence, so they remain in power and you remain their victim. Not that I'm Wonder Woman or anything, but seriously, most men who try that mess on you are banking on you not reacting - they don't seriously believe that their atrocious behavior will actually result in them getting a date or a phone number out of you. It's designed to victimize. So I started returning their aggression, and most of them backed off.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by LadyJaye View Post
    When I was in my early teens, that sort of behavior used to intimidate me into a form of powerless politeness. Being heckled by strangers always took me off- guard, because it was so blatant and offensive. But as I got older, I realized my best bet was to make an even bigger scene than they were creating, because essentially, they're trying to intimidate you into submission and silence, so they remain in power and you remain their victim. Not that I'm Wonder Woman or anything, but seriously, most men who try that mess on you are banking on you not reacting - they don't seriously believe that their atrocious behavior will actually result in them getting a date or a phone number out of you. It's designed to victimize. So I started returning their aggression, and most of them backed off.
    I hate that, such a waste of people's time. (I have a few who really believed so actually, it's true most of them don't but a few really really believe they will and literally stalk you.)

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Dwigie View Post
    I hate that, such a waste of people's time. (I have a few who really believed so actually, it's true most of them don't but a few really really believe they will and literally stalk you.)
    Wow, that really concerns me for you. Do you have someone who can walk with you? Or perhaps a giant can of military grade mace?

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by LadyJaye View Post
    Makes sense to me. Although I've known guys who do "act the fool" sometimes but are otherwise utterly respectful of females. It's probably more male bonding/humor in these cases, i.e. a carful of guys and one honks the horn--Often not the driver.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    Self-defense classes are something Sis and I have been discussing for some time.
    They just put this back on the market: The Gerber Store - outdoor hunting and fishing knives and tools

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Makes sense to me. Although I've known guys who do "act the fool" sometimes but are otherwise utterly respectful of females. It's probably more male bonding/humor in these cases, i.e. a carful of guys and one honks the horn--Often not the driver.
    Oh hey, I don't mind guys being silly and shouting fresh things at me. Most of the time , it's pretty funny, and fairly clear that they're just being playful. What enrages me is the menacing behavior.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Pink and I have several Hibben throwing knives. They're very well made, but kinda expensive.
    Last edited by LadyJaye; 08-25-2008 at 10:36 PM. Reason: DOH!

MBTI
    INFP

I wouldn't want a knife like that in my vicinity if someone was attacking me.