User Tag List

First 678910 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    Self-defense classes are something Sis and I have been discussing for some time.
    I've been doing Shaolin kung fu, but it's kind of artsy. They do teach some self-defense, but I would prefer to try something a bit more technical--I want to spend much more time learning techniques. I think I will try Wing Chun next--Bruce Lee Kung Fu.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

A friend of ours does kick-boxing which maximizes a woman's strong lower body.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    INTP

Just teach women to do this and there will be no more rape:

YouTube - Very rare fight shaolin kung fu vs. Karate

Yes, that would be ideal for a woman. Tae-Kwon-Do too. Your legs are your strongest muscles and women usually have excellent flexibility. But you'll have to do a heck of a lot of kicking to make it worthwhile.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by LostInNerSpace View Post
    Just teach women to do this and there will be no more rape:

YouTube - Very rare fight shaolin kung fu vs. Karate
    Fascinating. I watched the video and then another Shaolin demonstration. I'd love to be able to move that gracefully.
    Proud Female Rider in Maverick's Bike Club.

MBTI
    NSFW
    Enneagram
    6w7

Gotta say, Wing Chun is probably one of the best options. They teach you to maximise your force and speed and also deflect incoming attacks as opposed to meet them using force. This helps if you are smaller than your opponent. Wing Chun was also developed by a woman.

Also, whenever I read this thread, I feel the urge to FLY YOU AND YOUR SISTER OUT OF THERE PINK!! Argh!! *kicks your place of residence, or at least the creepy men there*

Quote Originally Posted by Anja View Post
    Thanks, Pink.

I'm thinking in a different dirrection. Your story speaks loudly to the fear "nice" people have about using big guns when they are called for.

Off to swim and ponder.

I'd someday like to talk about what I mentioned - street talk being full of casual sexual brutalities. And how that may be lowering peoples' resistence to brutal acts.

Maybe a separate thread is called for?

Later.
    Yes, my dear sister, was stopped coming home at night in the dark by rapist. She immediately resisted and threatened to smash his face with a milk bottle and he ran off. She returned home shaken but safe because she resisted.

I have also been stopped by a criminal when I was alone. It was apparent to me that he was skilled in immediately taking control of his victim. And my first impulse was to be polite and go along with him. But I resisted my impulse and didn't let him control my feelings or actions. And I escaped.

What struck me was how skilled he was in provoking and controlling my feelings. In fact he used my feelings against me. So it was by restraining my ordinary natural feelings that allowed me to remain in control.

My criminal was emotionally intelligent in this situation. However the mark of emotional intelligence is restraint. So it turned out that I was more emotionally intelligent than my attacker.

Also I have been taught to box so I have been trained to keep my eyes open when I am being hit in the face.

So I would suggest, for both men and women, that they learn physical self defence.

And I would even more strongly suggest that we learn emotional intelligence by learning emotional restraint.

Also emotional intelligence can also be learnt by not letting anyone put you into a trance against your will. For this is what the attacker will do - he or she will use induction techniques to put you in a trance so they can control you.

Unfortunately MBTI also uses induction techniques, such as jargon, to put you in a trance. So MBTI trains us to enter a particular type of trance, let's call it the MBTI trance. This is a similar technique used by other cults - it distracts the mind with repetitive jargon so that a trance may be induced.

And unfortunately most members here use MBTI to emotionally manipulate others. And the sad truth is that those who manipulate are easily manipulated themselves.

And last but not least, the casual sexual brutalities of the street also induce a trance, which makes us easier to control by those who wish to use us for their own purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by Algora J View Post
    Hmmmm. You sound like a celebrity or something being stalked by the paparazzi.
    This is a good example of blaming the victim.

So the right thing to do is to resist the suggestion of Algora J.

And if I were a moderator, I would ban him or her for a period to make it plain that we will resist.
    Last edited by MacGuffin; 08-25-2008 at 09:50 AM. Reason: merged posts

MBTI
    INFJ

Unfortunately MBTI also uses induction techniques, such as jargon, to put you in a trance. So MBTI trains us to enter a particular type of trance, let's call it the MBTI trance. This is a similar technique used by other cults - it distracts the mind with repetitive jargon so that a trance may be induced.

And unfortunately most members here use MBTI to emotionally manipulate others. And the sad truth is that those who manipulate are easily manipulated themselves.
    Like, so what do you mean by this? How might MBTI be used to manipulate others? What would an "MBTI trance" look like?

Just curious.
    "There ain't no doubt in no one's mind that love's the finest thing around. Whisper something soft and kind." --James Taylor

Stalker Dude showed up, Athena took one look at him, shoved Sis off behind her and proceeded to chew him out. Never tick off an ENTJ.
    Agreed..or at least an ENTJ who has seniority! Of course, I always think male ENTJs are sort of cute when they're angry.

Watching very composed and calm men suddenly become enraged at something is sort of humorously sexy at times.

Default Just Curious?

Quote Originally Posted by helen View Post
    Like, so what do you mean by this? How might MBTI be used to manipulate others? What would an "MBTI trance" look like?

Just curious.
    If you ask open ended questions, it gives the impression you might be interested in the reply.

But if you ask closed questions, it looks like you want to be controlling and manipulative.

And you have asked closed questions above.

Of course you don't have to ask questions at all, you can just say what you think - but that would make you vulnerable.

And to protect your vulnerability, you try to control me with closed questions.

And you hide your intention behind, "Just curious".

I find it hard to believe you are motivated by simple curiosity.

Curiosity, they say, killed the cat. Perhaps the cat's name is Victor.

But look to your left - I am not a cat, I am a panther.

Perhaps you have just made a mistake, if so, do tell me your feelings on the matter - I would be delighted to listen.

MBTI
    INFP

*Ducks behind bush to watch the big puddy-tat ferociously pounce on the leaves blowing past.*
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer