User Tag List

First 56789 Last

Results 61 to 70 of 119

  1. #61
    mrs disregard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    7,855

    Default

    Also, a panic button on your car keys is a handy thing to have.

    You press it and the lights start flashing and the alarm goes off.

    I use it to find my car sometimes.

  2. #62
    The Black Knight Domino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni
    Posts
    11,443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by disregard View Post
    Also, a panic button on your car keys is a handy thing to have.

    You press it and the lights start flashing and the alarm goes off.

    I use it to find my car sometimes.

    I saw something of the sort advertised for what, BMW? Anyone remember? A heartbeat detector alerting you to someone hiding in your car.

    lol @ locater function... that's using the ol' noodle!
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

  3. #63
    Senior Member Anja's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    2,967

    Default

    So. A lull.

    Anybody want to take this into the way we use language to perpetuate the problem posited?
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

  4. #64
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,536

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anja View Post
    So. A lull.

    Anybody want to take this into the way we use language to perpetuate the problem posited?
    Boyfriends have many uses.

    One is as an unpaid bodyguard.

  5. #65
    The Black Knight Domino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni
    Posts
    11,443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anja View Post
    So. A lull.

    Anybody want to take this into the way we use language to perpetuate the problem posited?
    "Play nice" language is the worst.

    There was this guy who was stalking me and my sister, and I mean stalking us across town. He'd follow our car and sometimes pop up in places we were totally not expecting him. I was taught to be polite but firm (which is good form generally), but this guy was just crowding us and acting creepy and would NOT go away. One night, me, my sis and a bunch of our guy friends (including a guy J was dating) were at a pool hall, and Stalker Guy came in, stood at the front of the room. I spotted him before he spotted us and blanched. He turned, saw us, and waved in this pointed way like "You have to acknowledge me. I know where you are and I can find you." J's boyfriend almost had at him, but Stalker Guy left immediately. We had to be walked out to our car that night, and we still didn't feel safe. If he could find us there, he could find our house easily. He lived nearby.

    Finally, he showed up on our porch AGAIN - my mom and my sister had each told him off at separate points - and we were in the middle of a family argument. He showed up, I saw him on the porch, I stomped out outside and hissed, "What the **** do you want?!" He stood there in silence, began to stammer something, and I told him to get the **** out. TWICE. He looked at me like I was being rude. The irony. I mean, I was practically in his face growling and standing my hackles up. It was so primal, and HATED him.

    I would laugh if it hadn't been so awful. I actually beat myself up over being rude after that exchange! Can you believe that? He deserved a boot to the head and got off easy, and I was still automatically upset with MYSELF for being so acid.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

  6. #66
    Senior Member Anja's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    2,967

    Default

    Thanks, Pink.

    I'm thinking in a different dirrection. Your story speaks loudly to the fear "nice" people have about using big guns when they are called for.

    Off to swim and ponder.

    I'd someday like to talk about what I mentioned - street talk being full of casual sexual brutalities. And how that may be lowering peoples' resistence to brutal acts.

    Maybe a separate thread is called for?

    Later.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

  7. #67
    Senior Member Algora J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    "Play nice" language is the worst.

    There was this guy who was stalking me and my sister, and I mean stalking us across town. He'd follow our car and sometimes pop up in places we were totally not expecting him. I was taught to be polite but firm (which is good form generally), but this guy was just crowding us and acting creepy and would NOT go away. One night, me, my sis and a bunch of our guy friends (including a guy J was dating) were at a pool hall, and Stalker Guy came in, stood at the front of the room. I spotted him before he spotted us and blanched. He turned, saw us, and waved in this pointed way like "You have to acknowledge me. I know where you are and I can find you." J's boyfriend almost had at him, but Stalker Guy left immediately. We had to be walked out to our car that night, and we still didn't feel safe. If he could find us there, he could find our house easily. He lived nearby.

    Finally, he showed up on our porch AGAIN - my mom and my sister had each told him off at separate points - and we were in the middle of a family argument. He showed up, I saw him on the porch, I stomped out outside and hissed, "What the **** do you want?!" He stood there in silence, began to stammer something, and I told him to get the **** out. TWICE. He looked at me like I was being rude. The irony. I mean, I was practically in his face growling and standing my hackles up. It was so primal, and HATED him.

    I would laugh if it hadn't been so awful. I actually beat myself up over being rude after that exchange! Can you believe that? He deserved a boot to the head and got off easy, and I was still automatically upset with MYSELF for being so acid.
    Hmmmm. You sound like a celebrity or something being stalked by the paparazzi.

  8. #68
    The Black Knight Domino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni
    Posts
    11,443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Algora J View Post
    Hmmmm. You sound like a celebrity or something being stalked by the paparazzi.
    I had my little Zsa Zsa Gabor fist raised and waiting to punch!

    That guy also showed up at my place of employment. I was working in the back at a deli, in charge of the delivery staff. Sis was out front with our bf Athena. Stalker Dude showed up, Athena took one look at him, shoved Sis off behind her and proceeded to chew him out. Never tick off an ENTJ.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

  9. #69
    Senior Member LostInNerSpace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    1,027

    Default

    Women should take up self-defense. I do Kung Fu. There are some women there who do it too. It really does build inner strength. I used to be a wimp. Four years of Kung Fu has given me the inner strength to push back with force if I feel it is necessary. I very rarely have to do that, but sometimes I will when someone is acting like a moron and tries take advantage of my good nature. It never even gets physical, it doesn't have to.

    Also worth considering a stun gun. You can get them shaped like cellphones these days. But be careful. You don't want to end up in the situation where an attacker takes if off you. That's why self-defense is worth considering.

  10. #70
    The Black Knight Domino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni
    Posts
    11,443

    Default

    Self-defense classes are something Sis and I have been discussing for some time.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

Similar Threads

  1. Memorable quotes from the Ventrilo chat
    By swordpath in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 01-24-2015, 10:04 PM
  2. [INFJ] INFJ Favorite Quote of the Day
    By lillyofthevalley in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 12-01-2009, 05:26 PM
  3. [MBTItm] Quotes for the INFPeeps ^^D
    By INFtha14 in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 07-06-2009, 08:24 AM
  4. Americans and the world-wide played game Skat
    By entropie in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-17-2009, 01:52 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO