User Tag List

First 412131415 Last

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    yeah, I'm just happy that my doctors are willing to listen to me and take my feedback and suggestions too... as they've said, the perfect set of meds will make you feel better so that you WANT to continue taking them. I'm trying to keep things as low as possible while being effective because they don't know the long term effects of most of these things
    my issue with the perfect set of meds is eventually i'll think i don't need them and just stop them i actually started skipping doses because of that thought process but i'm still taking them because the withdrawls suck.like part of me still knows i need them but the part of me that is like nope nothings wrong is beginning to win.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    my issue with the perfect set of meds is eventually i'll think i don't need them and just stop them i actually started skipping doses because of that thought process but i'm still taking them because the withdrawls suck.like part of me still knows i need them but the part of me that is like nope nothings wrong is beginning to win.
    and that's supposed to be pretty common really... I've been scolded for the possibility that I might even do so by both my doc and my psychologist

though coming to terms with the fact that there's something not right about you and that it will last forever is kind of a difficult thing to grasp
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    yupp

and that's supposed to be pretty common really... I've been scolded for the possibility that I might even do so by both my doc and my psychologist

though coming to terms with the fact that there's something not right about you and that it will last forever is kind of a difficult thing to grasp
    it really is.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so
    Likes miss fortune liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    2w5 sx

yeah, I'm just happy that my doctors are willing to listen to me and take my feedback and suggestions too... as they've said, the perfect set of meds will make you feel better so that you WANT to continue taking them. I'm trying to keep things as low as possible while being effective because they don't know the long term effects of most of these things
    Yeah. My psychiatrist has been great once I told her up front that I really did want to get better- and that I would do anything to make that happen. After that she started- I felt like she started to include me a bit more in things. She would answer my questions. And thats so important to me. And she would ask me what adjustments I-I!- thought would be good for me.

And weve worked it out I think pretty well. I mean. I dunno maybe it could still be better- but right now I feel that my meds are pretty well just 'right' for me.

Not that I want to keep taking them forever if I don't have to- but I WILL do that if its needed. I will take them as long as it feels I need to- as long as she tells me I need to. Because they are really fucking helpful.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    Yeah. My psychiatrist has been great once I told her up front that I really did want to get better- and that I would do anything to make that happen. After that she started- I felt like she started to include me a bit more in things. She would answer my questions. And thats so important to me. And she would ask me what adjustments I-I!- thought would be good for me.

And weve worked it out I think pretty well. I mean. I dunno maybe it could still be better- but right now I feel that my meds are pretty well just 'right' for me.

Not that I want to keep taking them forever if I don't have to- but I WILL do that if its needed. I will take them as long as it feels I need to- as long as she tells me I need to. Because they are really fucking helpful.
    in a perfect world patients would keep themselves educated on their conditions and the treatment options available for them so that they could help their doctors out with information that's relevant... which is really what I've attempted to do as far as things go... I even helped select my most recent mood stabilizer because it's not one of the first line ones and it's newer, but the side effect profile and what it treats are more perfect for me as an individual than for the typical patient

but yeah, that's a two way street and you've got to keep asking your doctors questions and keeping in the loop because that's the only way that you'll know what to think about on your own and research and such and a good doctor is excited to have a patient that takes interest and a participatory approach to their own healthcare

only when you two trust each other enough to share information back and forth can anything really good come from treatment
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett
    Likes N/A liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by hel View Post
    And breaking rules is seen as dangerous and crazy behaviour. Not agreeing is seen as crazy and dangerous behaviour. Contesting your diagnosis is seen as further proof that you're sick.
    This is normal in authoritarian organisations and is almost always unconscious. We can see it here: when I say, mbti is no more psychometrics than astrology is astronomy, at best I am met with blank looks, then my right to be here is questioned, then I am accused of being a troll, and then I am dismissed.

This is how authoritarian organisations work. It is unthinkable to question them, so we don't.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LII Ti

I have depression, and OCPD. The depression is pretty mild but it's enough to interfere with my life at times. I do take medication though, which helps quite a bit.
    MBTI: INTJ
    Enneagram: 5w6 sp/sx
    Tritype: 583
    Big Five: RCOEI
    Soul Type: Thinker
    Hogwarts House: Slytherin
    Political Views: Centrist
    Religious Views: Agnostic

http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/25/258567.png

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Considering my post on the first page is kinda embarassing looking back on it, I will update and say this:

If you need meds, take your goddamn meds .
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

Likes yama, themightyfetus liked this post

breaking out of my cocoon SearchingforPeace's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE None

I have extensive experience with my children as well as other family members. I didn't reread from the beginning, so I may have posted some of this already, but I have talked with a lot of professionals over the last few years, as well as seen inside a few mental hospitals my sons have been admitted in.

Some are very bad, abusive places. Others are really nice.

Some psychiatrists are competent, some are not.

One of our extremely capable ones admitted to me it was all crap shoot with meds. Each person is unique. The dx often is off, because the generic standards don't reach individual condition and what works for one often will not work for others.

I am very happy my sons are on meds. Even with the meds, we have numerous episodes of extreme behavior.

It is a miracle that no one is dead yet.

Maybe one day we can solve all this with a simple test. Maybe we will get easy solutions.

For now it is very hit or miss on dx and rx, not because the doctors are lazy or incompetent, but because each person is so unique......
    Quote Originally Posted by Archilochus
    The fox knows many things--the hedgehog one big one.
    And I am not a hedgehog......

-------------------

Jesus said "Blessed are the peacemakers" not "blessed are the conflict avoiders.....

9w8 6w5 4w5 sx/so

----------------------

“Orthodoxy means not thinking--not needing to think. Orthodoxy is unconsciousness.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

You are what you love themightyfetus's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sx
    Socionics
    ESE Si

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    Considering my post on the first page is kinda embarassing looking back on it, I will update and say this:

If you need meds, take your goddamn meds .
    Yes! I think this is an especially important message to tell younger folks. The first few months after being diagnosed I went through this really pissy phase where I would become angry every time somebody mentioned my medication. Threatened to flush them all the time. Once threw them all over the floor and posted a picture to Facebook (one of the most embarrassing things I've done in life, tbh). I could have used a slap in the face.
    Yet I know, if I stepped aside
    Released the controls, you would open my eyes
    That somehow, all of this mess
    Is just my attempt to know the worth of my life

Mercury - Sleeping At Last

3w2 // 6w7 // 9w1
    Likes Hard liked this post