• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Your experiences with mental illness

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I have depression and anxiety/panic disorder. That's all that has been found so far I think. The depression is in check with meds and the anxiety is in check to livable amounts. It was first found out 9 years ago but probably came about even earlier than that. I know there was a time before anxiety/depression but I can barely remember it.

And I am also autistic, but that isn't a mental illness :dry: Though the effects of being autistic in a neurotypical's world could've certainly brought upon my mental illnesses.

Blackout

Permabanned
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That's what everyone tells me but I have yet to believe them!

free electron

MBTI Type
istp
Enneagram
5w6
I don't have any mental illnesses but I have a brother who suffers from schizophrenia.

Radian

Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I think I have PTSD.
It started when I was in 9th grade.

I don't take any treatments.
I went for help to my family and friends and classmates.

meowington

Parody Parrot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
I was agoraphobic around adolescence but I've learned to cope with it. I've reduced it to about 10% or so. The only meds I take is something based on passion flower + valerian and pot to calm me down in the evening. I went through some rough times but I'm so glad I've made it through and established a very normal life. All the best [MENTION=24479]themightyfetus[/MENTION] and everyone else with mental issues or family members.

cosmic royal

Phoenix Flame
MBTI Type
xNTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have mild to severe depression. The first encounter happened around three years ago and I've been having it on and off since. The truth is, only a few of my online friends know about it because of a turbulent event that exposed my depression a few months ago. I've been better since, but I'm trying to find my old self: that is, the one who depression has robbed me of.