Thread: Male catfights?

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Default Male catfights?

So does anyone find it as annoying as I do when men get jealous of other men? I just realized that this is definitely a thing that actually happens. And wow, is it a pain to deal with.

Do people disagree with the fact that this exists, or am I on the mark here?
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Jealousy is an emotion I almost never feel. When it does come up I just make it go away, so I have a hard time relating.

I seldom see men get into "catfights", but they do happen. In my experience the quickest way to deal with such thing is to just air everything out in public view for everyone to see. It takes away the other parties power quite significantly.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

Likes Jet Stream liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

They're not called "catfights"; they're called "pissing contests". Otherwise, they're basically the same thing.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    istp
    Enneagram
    gvf
    Socionics
    gfxd Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    Jealousy is an emotion I almost never feel. When it does come up I just make it go away, so I have a hard time relating.

I seldom see men get into "catfights", but they do happen. In my experience the quickest way to deal with such thing is to just air everything out in public view for everyone to see. It takes away the other parties power quite significantly.
    Kudos. It is such a poisonous, regressive thing. Took me quite some time to master that attitude.

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post

I rarely feel jealousy anymore, and when I do, I try to move past it. But I think I end up being the target of a lot of people's jealousy, just because I have such a laid-back cheerful way of flipping the middle finger to society's bullshit. This irritates people that are still under the spell of goofy ideas (and actually, I'm not even really talking about religion here.) I've developed a very good filter for sorting out signal and noise, and it seems to me that some people can't stand that, or the effects of that. There is no other reason I can fathom as to why I would be met with such hostility.

It sounds like an arrogant thing to say, and yet, I've seen no contrary evidence.

It's funny because "common sense" tells us to think of jealousy as strictly a female phenomenon, yet it's obvious to me that this isn't the reality, and that men are more than capable of it.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

Visit my Johari:

Jealousy and fear of jealousy paralyze me.

I bleeeeeeeeeed drama everywhere I go and it ruins everything for everyone.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    It's funny because "common sense" tells us to think of jealousy as strictly a female phenomenon, yet it's obvious to me that this isn't the reality, and that men are more than capable of it.
    I think jealousy just gets excused as a "feminine" emotion, because a lot of men don't want to admit that they experience it.
    Likes Qlip liked this post

Google "chemtrails" Bush Did 9/11's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNtp
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    γ Ni

Annoying when someone feels it, or annoying when it's manifest? It's hard for me to be annoyed by how someone feels, but the way they behave as a result is a different story.

Though that's semantics, maybe.

How does it manifest? Passive-aggressiveness? Outward pissing contests (I like that one, @BadOctopus)?
    J. Scott Crothers
    aka "Bush Did 9/11"
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

"Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics

MBTI
    INTP

I blame the IRA.

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrus View Post
    I blame the IRA.
    Oh wow, dude. We're actually a lot alike. Chill out.

I think it's ridiculous that you've suddenly taken to despising me so much, just because you're jealous. My method for filtering out signal to noise isn't my girlfriend, either. Rather, I learned how to get better at distinguishing legitimate criticism from bullshit criticism, and this helped me in my love life. It's a very valuable skill.

I recommend you acquire it rather than cat-fighting with people because they're happier than you are.

For the record, I'm Post-Zionist. I think that's the word to best describe my position. I apologize if that's the incorrect position to have.

Visit my Johari: