• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Male catfights?

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
So does anyone find it as annoying as I do when men get jealous of other men? I just realized that this is definitely a thing that actually happens. And wow, is it a pain to deal with.

Do people disagree with the fact that this exists, or am I on the mark here?

á´…eparted

passages
Jealousy is an emotion I almost never feel. When it does come up I just make it go away, so I have a hard time relating.

I seldom see men get into "catfights", but they do happen. In my experience the quickest way to deal with such thing is to just air everything out in public view for everyone to see. It takes away the other parties power quite significantly.

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
They're not called "catfights"; they're called "pissing contests". Otherwise, they're basically the same thing.

Jet Stream

Permabanned
MBTI Type
istp
Enneagram
gvf
Jealousy is an emotion I almost never feel. When it does come up I just make it go away, so I have a hard time relating.

I seldom see men get into "catfights", but they do happen. In my experience the quickest way to deal with such thing is to just air everything out in public view for everyone to see. It takes away the other parties power quite significantly.

Kudos. It is such a poisonous, regressive thing. Took me quite some time to master that attitude.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

I rarely feel jealousy anymore, and when I do, I try to move past it. But I think I end up being the target of a lot of people's jealousy, just because I have such a laid-back cheerful way of flipping the middle finger to society's bullshit. This irritates people that are still under the spell of goofy ideas (and actually, I'm not even really talking about religion here.) I've developed a very good filter for sorting out signal and noise, and it seems to me that some people can't stand that, or the effects of that. There is no other reason I can fathom as to why I would be met with such hostility.

It sounds like an arrogant thing to say, and yet, I've seen no contrary evidence.

It's funny because "common sense" tells us to think of jealousy as strictly a female phenomenon, yet it's obvious to me that this isn't the reality, and that men are more than capable of it.

Cygnus

Jealousy and fear of jealousy paralyze me.

I bleeeeeeeeeed drama everywhere I go and it ruins everything for everyone.

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's funny because "common sense" tells us to think of jealousy as strictly a female phenomenon, yet it's obvious to me that this isn't the reality, and that men are more than capable of it.
I think jealousy just gets excused as a "feminine" emotion, because a lot of men don't want to admit that they experience it.

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Annoying when someone feels it, or annoying when it's manifest? It's hard for me to be annoyed by how someone feels, but the way they behave as a result is a different story.

Though that's semantics, maybe.

How does it manifest? Passive-aggressiveness? Outward pissing contests (I like that one, [MENTION=23115]BadOctopus[/MENTION])?

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I blame the IRA.

Oh wow, dude. We're actually a lot alike. Chill out.

I think it's ridiculous that you've suddenly taken to despising me so much, just because you're jealous. My method for filtering out signal to noise isn't my girlfriend, either. Rather, I learned how to get better at distinguishing legitimate criticism from bullshit criticism, and this helped me in my love life. It's a very valuable skill.

I recommend you acquire it rather than cat-fighting with people because they're happier than you are.

For the record, I'm Post-Zionist. I think that's the word to best describe my position. I apologize if that's the incorrect position to have.

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
So does anyone find it as annoying as I do when men get jealous of other men? I just realized that this is definitely a thing that actually happens. And wow, is it a pain to deal with.

Jealousy is a pretty natural emotion to feel. I think what differentiates a healthy from an unhealthy person is how they deal with it - not experiencing any emotions is equally concerning, at least to me. I confess that I can get intensely jealous of other men in certain situations. Due to my standing on the forum, I won't divulge what they are, but this is something I am actively trying to work on.

Male jealousy tends to lurk beneath the surface, however. It surfaces in a very different way to female jealousy, which as we both know is often quite overt. I have never seen men get into "cat fights" like women do. IME men tend to be much more concerned about resource acquisition than women, and thus male jealousy will manifest in this domain (i.e. another man succeeding in/getting a job or career you yearned for).

And yeah, guys can become very envious about sex.

Anyone can be jealous.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance

I think I have noticed something to this degree. Of course life is competitive and fights for dominance in a myriad of ways. But definitely there are some things which go on and appeal directly to the hind-brain of our species, some of which is jealousy based.

However more often with men I see a direct conflict of...what I can only describe as territoriality. I can't speak for you or others but have you ever been in the presence of a man who puts you on edge and the reasons might all be apparent but only in retrospect? Something to do with body behaviour, status, perhaps even superficially things like clothes, style etc. I think you could pinpoint a jealousy in that, yes.

It's not something I've usually associated with jealousy, but in a low-key and not entirely conscious way I can picture it having a part to play. I'm definitely annoyed by the tom-cat tail fluffing that goes on with men, which tends to get passed off as something that "men just do" as opposed to women who are instead "bitchy".

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
'tis a sad sad day when the forum is taking vocabulary lessons from the likes of Homer Simpson. It's everything that is wrong with this country!

Harizu

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I see guys get into "catfights" all the time, so yeah, it's a thing that definitely happens and it happens just as much as it happens between girls.
I don't really find it annoying, just stupid, but it doesn't really bother me as long as people don't get me involved.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I see guys get into "catfights" all the time, so yeah, it's a thing that definitely happens and it happens just as much as it happens between girls.
I don't really find it annoying, just stupid, but it doesn't really bother me as long as people don't get me involved.

I have to disagree with this and say that I find it incredibly annoying.

Jet Stream

Permabanned
MBTI Type
istp
Enneagram
gvf
bitch on bitch quarrels. clipped hollow sacs flimsily thumping against one another. Guys- being a fuck boy is not cute! Female catfights are charming. Not so much yours.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I like calling it cat fights because men seem to get SOOO much more offended by calling squabbles they're involved in cat fights out loud rather than pissing contests. And I can't pass up on that.

Here are a random list of other things that are really real things in humans generally vs being gender specific, even if they manifest in different ways:
- Cat fights / pissing contests
- Acting like a "bachelor" (just check out gross bachelorette frog memes if you don't believe me)
- Rumor mills and gossip
- Having fat/ugly days
- Obsessing about love life details
- Asking advice about the opposite sex to someone that probably isn't qualified to answer that question at all
- Wanting to wear something that looks good
- Wanting to be complimented
- Fishing for compliments
- Being jealous and envious of what other people have
- Seeing how their butts look in x pants or in mirrors
- Being emotional and irrational in fights and in relationships
- Contradicting what they say they want and what they really want
- Watching soap operas

There are other things that I'm not going to bother to think of..