First 123 Last

Thread: Male catfights?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    So does anyone find it as annoying as I do when men get jealous of other men? I just realized that this is definitely a thing that actually happens. And wow, is it a pain to deal with.
    Jealousy is a pretty natural emotion to feel. I think what differentiates a healthy from an unhealthy person is how they deal with it - not experiencing any emotions is equally concerning, at least to me. I confess that I can get intensely jealous of other men in certain situations. Due to my standing on the forum, I won't divulge what they are, but this is something I am actively trying to work on.

Male jealousy tends to lurk beneath the surface, however. It surfaces in a very different way to female jealousy, which as we both know is often quite overt. I have never seen men get into "cat fights" like women do. IME men tend to be much more concerned about resource acquisition than women, and thus male jealousy will manifest in this domain (i.e. another man succeeding in/getting a job or career you yearned for).

And yeah, guys can become very envious about sex.

Do people disagree with the fact that this exists, or am I on the mark here?
    Anyone can be jealous.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

So does anyone find it as annoying as I do when men get jealous of other men? I just realized that this is definitely a thing that actually happens. And wow, is it a pain to deal with.

Do people disagree with the fact that this exists, or am I on the mark here?
    I think I have noticed something to this degree. Of course life is competitive and fights for dominance in a myriad of ways. But definitely there are some things which go on and appeal directly to the hind-brain of our species, some of which is jealousy based.

However more often with men I see a direct conflict of...what I can only describe as territoriality. I can't speak for you or others but have you ever been in the presence of a man who puts you on edge and the reasons might all be apparent but only in retrospect? Something to do with body behaviour, status, perhaps even superficially things like clothes, style etc. I think you could pinpoint a jealousy in that, yes.

It's not something I've usually associated with jealousy, but in a low-key and not entirely conscious way I can picture it having a part to play. I'm definitely annoyed by the tom-cat tail fluffing that goes on with men, which tends to get passed off as something that "men just do" as opposed to women who are instead "bitchy".
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    I confess that I can get intensely jealous of other men in certain situations.
    What would you say is the difference between jealousy and envy, the emotion utterly foreign to you?

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

"Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft
    Likes Julius_Van_Der_Beak, Hard liked this post

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Point taken. Perhaps the OP should have been about envy.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

'tis a sad sad day when the forum is taking vocabulary lessons from the likes of Homer Simpson. It's everything that is wrong with this country!
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft
    Likes Hard, kyuuei liked this post

Enneagram
    7w8 sp/so

I see guys get into "catfights" all the time, so yeah, it's a thing that definitely happens and it happens just as much as it happens between girls.
    I don't really find it annoying, just stupid, but it doesn't really bother me as long as people don't get me involved.
    ExTP

7w8/ 3w4/ 8w7

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Harizu View Post
    I see guys get into "catfights" all the time, so yeah, it's a thing that definitely happens and it happens just as much as it happens between girls.
    I don't really find it annoying, just stupid, but it doesn't really bother me as long as people don't get me involved.
    I have to disagree with this and say that I find it incredibly annoying.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    istp
    Enneagram
    gvf
    Socionics
    gfxd Ni

bitch on bitch quarrels. clipped hollow sacs flimsily thumping against one another. Guys- being a fuck boy is not cute! Female catfights are charming. Not so much yours.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I like calling it cat fights because men seem to get SOOO much more offended by calling squabbles they're involved in cat fights out loud rather than pissing contests. And I can't pass up on that.

Here are a random list of other things that are really real things in humans generally vs being gender specific, even if they manifest in different ways:
    - Cat fights / pissing contests
    - Acting like a "bachelor" (just check out gross bachelorette frog memes if you don't believe me)
    - Rumor mills and gossip
    - Having fat/ugly days
    - Obsessing about love life details
    - Asking advice about the opposite sex to someone that probably isn't qualified to answer that question at all
    - Wanting to wear something that looks good
    - Wanting to be complimented
    - Fishing for compliments
    - Being jealous and envious of what other people have
    - Seeing how their butts look in x pants or in mirrors
    - Being emotional and irrational in fights and in relationships
    - Contradicting what they say they want and what they really want
    - Watching soap operas

There are other things that I'm not going to bother to think of..
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge
    Likes Julius_Van_Der_Beak, Qlip, chickpea liked this post