• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Felling transcendentally uplifted and euphoric for no reason.

Jet Stream

Permabanned
MBTI Type
istp
Enneagram
gvf
Happens to me sometimes. In its earliest stages as i write this as a matter of fact. It's not necessarily fun, because it always happens when 1. I'm high or 2 (what's causing it now & obviously much more complicated to figure out why). uhh...what was I gonna say..oh yeah. When I'm lonely and anxious. So is it a defense mechanism to protect me against lonesomeness and anxiety or something more, or even less complicated? Oh my god people..its creschendoing... it's literally like swirling around the world in a stealth plane with god as my copilot..fucking incredible and so out of the blue goddamn

Jet Stream

Permabanned
MBTI Type
istp
Enneagram
gvf
Another thing that makes it not so fun is the fact that i try to describe it, fail, end up sounding pretentious, and garner the scorn or pity from those listening.

á´…eparted

passages
Oh I get this kind of thing all the time. Random feelings FTW! I chalk it up to being bipolar II and having Aspergers.

Passacaglia

I believe you that it's not as fun as it sounds, but damn, I'd love to be spontaneously euphoric once in a while.

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
I feel you. That's how I felt back in the spring (I was actually manic). It was fantastic, but then I ended up spiraling into paranoia and extreme anxiety.

Cygnus

Kinda thing makes it impossible for me to commit to anything. I'll go forever feeling unmotivated and mechanical forever, and I'll splurge out all my energy desperately looking for something to please me, and then when it's time to do serious work I'm all exhausted. Then the splurges of euphoria/pleasure will stream in for no reason at all and I'll just feel far too content with it to try to achieve anything.

Basically makes me split my time between repetitive, pointless pursuits, and laziness. Such a pain.

Jet Stream

Permabanned
MBTI Type
istp
Enneagram
gvf
Kinda thing makes it impossible for me to commit to anything. I'll go forever feeling unmotivated and mechanical forever, and I'll splurge out all my energy desperately looking for something to please me, and then when it's time to do serious work I'm all exhausted. Then the splurges of euphoria/pleasure will stream in for no reason at all and I'll just feel far too content with it to try to achieve anything.

Basically makes me split my time between repetitive, pointless pursuits, and laziness. Such a pain.

i can dig it

- - - Updated - - -

Smoking green stuff is not good for the Shen.

What's a shen?

GarrotTheThief

The Green Jolly Robin H.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
i can dig it

- - - Updated - - -

What's a shen?

Shen is the spiritual force in us which is immortal. Smoking ganja destroys the link to Shen for Shen is raised only with total mastery of a skill, even the skill of no-skill, and hence no transcendence is actually occurring, but rather an ephemeral, fleeting synthetic experience of exhalation which is nothing more than a body buzz.

Can you imagine feeling the way you do when you smoke all the time? It is possible, but only after many years of practicing sobriety and having nearly perfect physical discipline.

Jet Stream

Permabanned
MBTI Type
istp
Enneagram
gvf
Shen is the spiritual force in us which is immortal. Smoking ganja destroys the link to Shen for Shen is raised only with total mastery of a skill, even the skill of no-skill, and hence no transcendence is actually occurring, but rather an ephemeral, fleeting synthetic experience of exhalation which is nothing more than a body buzz.

Can you imagine feeling the way you do when you smoke all the time? It is possible, but only after many years of practicing sobriety and having nearly perfect physical discipline.

Nothing more than a body buzz eh? Clearly you've never blown any medical kush or wax or the like. Also, I don't buy into all that hippie lingo so shens to me are nothing more than time consuming placebos.

GarrotTheThief

The Green Jolly Robin H.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Nothing more than a body buzz eh? Clearly you've never blown any medical kush or wax or the like. Also, I don't buy into all that hippie lingo so shens to me are nothing more than time consuming placebos.

Ahh...not a fan of the perspicacious

To each their own....

But Shen is only one word for it...every culture has their own way of expressing the same simple idea.

Cygnus

Um, is it bad if you completely identify with the OP despite never having had used an illicit substance in your life?

Jet Stream

Permabanned
MBTI Type
istp
Enneagram
gvf
Um, is it bad if you completely identify with the OP despite never having had used an illicit substance in your life?

I would say no. People of any condition under the sun can have almost any given mental quirk there is, not to mention substance abuse doesn't have to be illicit to contribute to unusual experiences down the road. Alcohol, nicotine, caffeine, etc. are all way more powerful drugs than most give them credit for.

Cygnus

So just a couple weeks ago I was in the car with the driving instructor, in the midst of taking my final driving test to acquire my license.

That "Love Me Like You Do" song was playing on the radio, the sun was out, it was warm, and I seriously felt much better than normal. Not because I passed the test and was about to drive independently, mind you -- nothing about my life or my future or any of that irrelevant bullshit of reality -- this was better. This was more important than reality. I was just hearing that song playing, imagining myself floating out in space making out with this chick -- I felt alive.

It's stupid, but it was good. Felt as if my surroundings offered true possibilities, as the really do, new things to see, lives to live, things to explore.

Tippo

MBTI Type
ENTJ
I feel lifted at emotion expectations, especially in repeated already viewed films, art, etc.
Often, things that mean little by their own but as a whole/group have a result. I'm often in my own head, finding the small details powerful. Brilliant execution is something I suspect few witness, but I see it everywhere, and it can bring me to tears.

Lark

All I can say is that if you get high a lot or have messed with a lot of chemicals then there's a possibility you've done something to your body chemistry and brain chemistry or wiring and that's what's causing this, maybe you are right about the triggering phase, I dont know but I've not experienced that no.