User Tag List

First 123 Last

The Green Jolly Robin H.
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Smoking green stuff is not good for the Shen.
    "i shut the door and in the morning
    it was open
    -the end"

Olemn slammed his hammer and from the sparks on the metal of his anvil came the spheres of the heavens.

Sayrah blew life into the spheres and they moved. From her wheel she weaved the names of people in to mystery.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    istp
    Enneagram
    gvf
    Socionics
    gfxd Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Cygnus View Post
    Kinda thing makes it impossible for me to commit to anything. I'll go forever feeling unmotivated and mechanical forever, and I'll splurge out all my energy desperately looking for something to please me, and then when it's time to do serious work I'm all exhausted. Then the splurges of euphoria/pleasure will stream in for no reason at all and I'll just feel far too content with it to try to achieve anything.

Basically makes me split my time between repetitive, pointless pursuits, and laziness. Such a pain.
    i can dig it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GarrotTheThief View Post
    Smoking green stuff is not good for the Shen.
    What's a shen?

The Green Jolly Robin H.
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Stream View Post
    i can dig it

- - - Updated - - -

What's a shen?
    Shen is the spiritual force in us which is immortal. Smoking ganja destroys the link to Shen for Shen is raised only with total mastery of a skill, even the skill of no-skill, and hence no transcendence is actually occurring, but rather an ephemeral, fleeting synthetic experience of exhalation which is nothing more than a body buzz.

Can you imagine feeling the way you do when you smoke all the time? It is possible, but only after many years of practicing sobriety and having nearly perfect physical discipline.
    it was open
    -the end"

Olemn slammed his hammer and from the sparks on the metal of his anvil came the spheres of the heavens.

Sayrah blew life into the spheres and they moved. From her wheel she weaved the names of people in to mystery.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    istp
    Enneagram
    gvf
    Socionics
    gfxd Ni

Quote Originally Posted by GarrotTheThief View Post
    Shen is the spiritual force in us which is immortal. Smoking ganja destroys the link to Shen for Shen is raised only with total mastery of a skill, even the skill of no-skill, and hence no transcendence is actually occurring, but rather an ephemeral, fleeting synthetic experience of exhalation which is nothing more than a body buzz.

Can you imagine feeling the way you do when you smoke all the time? It is possible, but only after many years of practicing sobriety and having nearly perfect physical discipline.
    Nothing more than a body buzz eh? Clearly you've never blown any medical kush or wax or the like. Also, I don't buy into all that hippie lingo so shens to me are nothing more than time consuming placebos.

The Green Jolly Robin H.
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Nothing more than a body buzz eh? Clearly you've never blown any medical kush or wax or the like. Also, I don't buy into all that hippie lingo so shens to me are nothing more than time consuming placebos.
    Ahh...not a fan of the perspicacious

To each their own....

But Shen is only one word for it...every culture has their own way of expressing the same simple idea.
    it was open
    -the end"

Um, is it bad if you completely identify with the OP despite never having had used an illicit substance in your life?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    istp
    Enneagram
    gvf
    Socionics
    gfxd Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Cygnus View Post
    Um, is it bad if you completely identify with the OP despite never having had used an illicit substance in your life?
    I would say no. People of any condition under the sun can have almost any given mental quirk there is, not to mention substance abuse doesn't have to be illicit to contribute to unusual experiences down the road. Alcohol, nicotine, caffeine, etc. are all way more powerful drugs than most give them credit for.

So just a couple weeks ago I was in the car with the driving instructor, in the midst of taking my final driving test to acquire my license.

That "Love Me Like You Do" song was playing on the radio, the sun was out, it was warm, and I seriously felt much better than normal. Not because I passed the test and was about to drive independently, mind you -- nothing about my life or my future or any of that irrelevant bullshit of reality -- this was better. This was more important than reality. I was just hearing that song playing, imagining myself floating out in space making out with this chick -- I felt alive.

It's stupid, but it was good. Felt as if my surroundings offered true possibilities, as the really do, new things to see, lives to live, things to explore.
    Likes Jet Stream liked this post

MBTI
    ENTJ

I feel lifted at emotion expectations, especially in repeated already viewed films, art, etc.
    Often, things that mean little by their own but as a whole/group have a result. I'm often in my own head, finding the small details powerful. Brilliant execution is something I suspect few witness, but I see it everywhere, and it can bring me to tears.

All I can say is that if you get high a lot or have messed with a lot of chemicals then there's a possibility you've done something to your body chemistry and brain chemistry or wiring and that's what's causing this, maybe you are right about the triggering phase, I dont know but I've not experienced that no.