User Tag List

12311 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 115

  1. #1
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,776

    Default non-binary gender (not trans)

    Ok so here's the thing that confuses the fuck out of me, maybe i'm just an asshole because of it and that's ok, because it just is. Any ways more and more i've been seeing people claim non-binary which is cool whateves, but the thing that i don't get is they want a special box on forms. I've never really thought of myself as male or female but because my reproductive organs are female i just put that down or if i asked if i'm boy or girl i say girl. Because here the thing i don't think it defines me and therefore no need to worry about it. so my question is why? do they care so much? I'm not talking about trans which would be different from non-binary, and i can understand the need because if you are transitioning from man to woman and going to a doctor or something, somethings are gonna be off they just are. But with non-binary until you can ken doll your genitals there's not i use for it and just seems whiney. I mean also the special treatment, like no one's gonna know unless you tell them i've totally lost my train of thought so there was more
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so
    Likes Senkrad, Dopa, Kullervo liked this post

  2. #2

    Default

    I'm not exactly sure what the question is.

    I don't like being male though I don't feel female enough to do the surgery. Besides, I'm heterosexual, and I think life would be harder as a lesbian who underwent gender reassignment than an effeminate man in a very typically male body.

    Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield
    Likes Kierva, BluRoses liked this post

  3. #3
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,776

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post
    I'm not exactly sure what the question is.

    I don't like being male though I don't feel female enough to do the surgery. Besides, I'm heterosexual, and I think life would be harder as a lesbian who underwent gender reassignment than an effeminate man in a very typically male body.
    Non-binary - Gender Wiki

    this but my issue is the people trying to make it an issue it isn't. like i said i've never really identified with either but that has not caused problems in my life , I just tell everyone i'm female because truth is it doesn't matter but i keep seeing this shit on facebook on how people are victims because of it. they're not, its one of those things that's like you burnt the pizza and then claiming the house on fire
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    Non-binary - Gender Wiki

    this but my issue is the people trying to make it an issue it isn't. like i said i've never really identified with either but that has not caused problems in my life , I just tell everyone i'm female because truth is it doesn't matter but i keep seeing this shit on facebook on how people are victims because of it. they're not, its one of those things that's like you burnt the pizza and then claiming the house on fire
    I was definitely bullied a lot as a kid. There were probably a lot of reasons. But, I think, being atypical for a boy played a fairly large role.

    Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

  5. #5
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,776

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post
    I was definitely bullied a lot as a kid. There were probably a lot of reasons. But, I think, being atypical for a boy played a fairly large role.
    yeah i was as well, but do you go around insisting that your gender is unicorn?
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    yeah i was as well, but do you go around insisting that your gender is unicorn?
    I guess I still don't understand what the issue is. What's wrong with informing people the true nature of gender identity.

    I suppose bullying can vary in intensity. For me, I often feared for my life, had stuff forced down my mouth, and even had a few incidents that were sexual in nature, and one of my main bullies was technically an adult.

    The timing of this thread is bad for me. I will likely not respond again till tomorrow.

    Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield
    Likes BluRoses liked this post

  7. #7
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,776

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post
    I guess I still don't understand what the issue is. What's wrong with informing people the true nature of gender identity.

    I suppose bullying can vary in intensity. For me, I often feared for my life, had stuff forced down my mouth, and even had a few incidents that were sexual in nature, and one of my main bullies was technically an adult.

    The timing of this thread is bad for me. I will likely not respond again till tomorrow.
    the issue is people making it an issue it isn't no one's gonna know unless they say something. you being bullied for this is not what i'm talking about. i'm refering to the people who weren't bullied because of it and demanding that forms of the governemnt put the non-binary bs on it. dress and behave like yourself it doesn't affect me. like i said unless you're trans or intersex do what i do go with your physical organs because the truth is we're so varied even within the male and female construct that no one is gonna be like "You aren't a girl, i will kill you for not claiming non-binary uagsoifjsaiofhaiohfuaifhiuafhuh" when tbt if you are slightly different people are gonna bully you when you're a kid. its not the education part, i have no issue with that. I have issue with them insisting they get special treatment and get their own special catagory. and really the only purpose of sex is for the doctor so they know your pumbing and don't give you tampons when you need a penis pump or something
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so

  8. #8
    #KUWK Kierva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    2,494

    Default

    I think it's more to do with the meaning of the word "gender" as opposed to "sex" in the context you mentioned.

  9. #9
    royal member Rasofy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    5,932

    Default

    Likes Kullervo liked this post

  10. #10
    Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    8,193

    Default

    Wow. Next time, a trigger warning please.

    Not being able to fill in my sloth-kin status on my tax forms is just another instance of oppression by the white, cishet shitlords that run this society.

Similar Threads

  1. “IST”: Gender Valued not Neutral
    By Cloudpatrol in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: 10-16-2016, 01:09 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-27-2014, 08:49 AM
  3. I am Not, an INTP
    By Anonymous in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 05-31-2008, 11:42 PM
  4. Still not in Madridgal's Forest
    By thirtyfour in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-28-2007, 09:57 AM
  5. Not again...
    By Martoon in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-23-2007, 07:59 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO