First 45678 Last

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    If it's for identifying your corpse: what if your head got chopped off, or your face was bashed in to the point of being unrecognizable? What if they found your skeleton? They could mostly tell your sex based on your skeleton, but your photo would be useless.
    It's probably one of the few situations where chromosomal sex is actually relevant for identification.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft
    Likes EJCC liked this post

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    If it's for identifying your corpse: what if your head got chopped off, or your face was bashed in to the point of being unrecognizable? What if they found your skeleton? They could mostly tell your sex based on your skeleton, but your photo would be useless.
    without a head they still couldn't id you which is why they often use dental records and medical records perhaps that should be included as well
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    It's probably one of the few situations where chromosomal sex is actually relevant for identification.
    ok i have a transition question, when you transition like physically transition does you chromosomes change or are they always the same?
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    ok i have a transition question, when you transition like physically transition does you chromosomes change or are they always the same?
    They don't change. Maybe one day that will change, but not now.

Hence, you can confuse the police if they're trying to ID your body and it doesn't match your chromosomes and they don't know your background. (Morbid Award there.)

EDIT: Random note. I actually read some kind of creepy supernatural/murder mystery novel back in the early 80's where that was the "twist" and demons took over the world cuz they didn't solve the crime in time. Just a bad call.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    yupp

They don't change. Maybe one day that will change, but not now.

Hence, you can confuse the police if they're trying to ID your body and don't know your background. (Yikes, that's kinda morbid.)
    moral of the story, don't die in a suspicious manner at suspicious place

in seriourness though, why don't they put that on the forum like "we need this incase you die and we need to id your body but your chronosomal sex does not change, we're not trying to opress you, but we;re sure you loved ones would like to know if your dead or just missing, if the occasion arises" ?
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

DNA doesn't change.

That said, there are people born with chromosomal anomalies who don't have XX or XY sex chromosomes.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

@Entropic Yes, ideally, it would be simpler if we weren't required to state our gender, but that's probably not going to happen any time soon.

What about an "Other - Please specify" option. Would that suffice? Or is that offensive?

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

moral of the story, don't die in a suspicious manner at suspicious place

in seriourness though, why don't they put that on the forum like "we need this incase you die and we need to id your body but your chronosomal sex does not change, we're not trying to opress you, but we;re sure you loved ones would like to know if your dead or just missing, if the occasion arises" ?
    It's a little wordy, donchathink?

And 93Jc is right, not every person has an XX or XY, there are other combinations as well.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by BadOctopus View Post
    @Entropic Yes, ideally, it would be simpler if we weren't required to state our gender, but that's probably not going to happen any time soon.

What about an "Other - Please specify" option. Would that suffice? Or is that offensive?
    No, I think "other" is just fine though I find it problematic in how "other" creates an othering, but in the light of governments making that transition, it's better than nothing. At least it may alleviate the current gatekeeping somewhat, among other things, and make people who absolutely do not want either M or F on their ID to pick that as an option.

I was waiting for the day you and I would meet.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Youtuber | The Typologist Blog | Redditor | Message me!

MBTI
    yupp

It's a little wordy, donchathink?

And 93Jc is right, not every person has an XX or XY, there are other combinations as well.
    not really too wordy its like a line and a half at most
    In no likes experiment.

that is all