• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Reciprocity

Mole

Permabanned
On the face of it Typology Central should not work as most of us are obsessed with ourselves and how we appear to others, yet Typology Central is quite successful. Why is this?

We notice a similar thing with the bumble bee for, on the face of it, from an aeronautical perspective, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, yet the humble bee defies aeronautics and flies every day.

The bumble bee does have a secret and that is found in the movable tilt of the wings, so does Typology Central have a similar secret that enables us to be successful?

And the answer is a resounding yes.

And the answer lies not in quality of the members but in the structure of our intercourse.

So how do we practise intercourse with each other here every day?

The key to our successful intercourse is reciprocity. So reciprocity is equivalent to the movable tilt of a bumble bee's wings.

So notice: we post and we reply. We reciprocate a post with a reply. And this enbles us to fly.

Cygnus

>goes on a forum about MBTI

>insists everyone leave the site and stop practicing MBTI

Mole

Permabanned
>goes on a forum about MBTI

>insists everyone leave the site and stop practicing MBTI

I think you miss the nuance of my post. I am against self obsession and being obessed with how others see us, and I am against mbti, but I am strongly in favour of reciprocity.

And so we see self obsession and mbti are merely the content of reciprocity. In fact the content is somewhat irrelevant.

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I like bumblebees.

There, I reciprocated.

á´…eparted

passages
I think you miss the nuance of my post. I am against self obsession and being obessed with how others see us, and I am against mbti, but I am strongly in favour of reciprocity.

And so we see self obsession and mbti are merely the content of reciprocity. In fact the content is somewhat irrelevant.

So what [MENTION=20944]Nihilogen[/MENTION] said is correct.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=20944]Nihilogen[/MENTION] tsk, tsk, tsk. That's going too far. It's so perfect it'll look like I was complicit.

Mole

Permabanned
I like bumblebees.

There, I reciprocated.

You did reciprocate, Bad Octopus, and now I am reciprocating in turn.

And notice we are doing nothing but reciprocating, showing that content is arbitrary and actually irrelevant.

I do note though that a powerful form of reciprocation is nastiness. Nastiness calls to nastiness for a reply and won't be denied.

And by the same token understanding calls to understanding, empathy calls to empathy and creativity calls to creativity. So reciprocity transcends both nastiness and wholesomeness.

Reciprocity is a function of the medium not the users of the medium. For instance, we can't use the telephone without speaking and replying, the telephone won't work without reciprocity. And we can be good on the phone and bad on the phone, but what we can't do is not reciprocate.

Mychemicalkilljoy

MBTI Type
NOPE

What is reciprocy? I get where you are coming from. MBTI is innacurate, because it does not five deeply into who you truly are. What can we do to determine our true selves and is it possible?

Mole

Permabanned
So what [MENTION=20944]Nihilogen[/MENTION] said is correct.

For some time now, Hard, you have expressed an animus towards me, but it doesn't matter, it is irrelevant, for by the very token of expressing your animus, you are reciprocating to my posts.

So love me or hate me Hard, you can't do anything else but reciprocate.

Mole

Permabanned
What is reciprocy? I get where you are coming from. MBTI is innacurate, because it does not five deeply into who you truly are. What can we do to determine our true selves and is it possible?

'Course it's possible. It is possible to become aware of our being moment by moment. And it is possible to work towards our individual integrity.

It is also possible to see beyond our own nose, and see the medium in which we participate.

Mychemicalkilljoy

MBTI Type
NOPE
'Course it's possible. It is possible to become aware of our being moment by moment. And it is possible to work towards our individual integrity.

It is also possible to see beyond our own nose, and see the medium in which we participate.

But how?

Mole

Permabanned

Moment by moment awareness of our being can be realised in meditation. A good place to start is Waking Up: Spirituality Without Religion by Sam Harris.

And we can make a start on personal integrity by learning critical thinking, or learning how to think. Almost any philosophy course 101 is a good place to start.

And we can start to see the medium in which we act by reading Understanding Media by Marshall McLuhan.

Mychemicalkilljoy

MBTI Type
NOPE
Moment by moment awareness of our being can be realised in meditation. A good place to start is Waking Up: Spirituality Without Religion by Sam Harris.

And we can make a start on personal integrity by learning critical thinking, or learning how to think. Almost any philosophy course 101 is a good place to start.

And we can start to see the medium in which we act by reading Understanding Media by Marshall McLuhan.

Wait... So you're saying that we need to learn philosophy and things like Plato?

Mole

Permabanned
Wait... So you're saying that we need to learn philosophy and things like Plato?

Yes, we learn how to think by integrating what we already know, and by questioning the assumptions of what we already know.

You might like to start by reading the history of Western Philosophy, or you might find a particular philosopher you fall in love with. Both are good first steps.

Mychemicalkilljoy

MBTI Type
NOPE
Yes, we learn how to think by integrating what we already know, and by questioning the assumptions of what we already know.

You might like to start by reading the history of Western Philosophy, or you might find a particular philosopher you fall in love with. Both are good first steps.

That's as very interesting take. So we learn from others to learn more about ourselves. We try to find similarity in our lives and connect, because connection is the basis of who we are. Who we are is based upon who and what we love.