User Tag List

First 12

Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: Reciprocity

  1. #11
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,524

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    So what @Nihilogen said is correct.
    For some time now, Hard, you have expressed an animus towards me, but it doesn't matter, it is irrelevant, for by the very token of expressing your animus, you are reciprocating to my posts.

    So love me or hate me Hard, you can't do anything else but reciprocate.

  2. #12
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,524

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mychemicalkilljoy View Post
    What is reciprocy? I get where you are coming from. MBTI is innacurate, because it does not five deeply into who you truly are. What can we do to determine our true selves and is it possible?
    'Course it's possible. It is possible to become aware of our being moment by moment. And it is possible to work towards our individual integrity.

    It is also possible to see beyond our own nose, and see the medium in which we participate.

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    MBTI
    NOPE
    Socionics
    DONE Ni
    Posts
    224

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    'Course it's possible. It is possible to become aware of our being moment by moment. And it is possible to work towards our individual integrity.

    It is also possible to see beyond our own nose, and see the medium in which we participate.
    But how?
    "...Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
    I doubted if I should ever come back.
    I shall be telling this with a sigh
    Somewhere ages and ages hence:
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."
    -The Road Not Taken by Robert Frost

  4. #14
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,524

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    Sure, sexual reciprocity is delightful. And not only can we be physically reciprocal, our psyches can reciprocate. We often forget that sexually involves not only physical intimacy but psychological intimacy as well.

  5. #15
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,524

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mychemicalkilljoy View Post
    But how?
    Moment by moment awareness of our being can be realised in meditation. A good place to start is Waking Up: Spirituality Without Religion by Sam Harris.

    And we can make a start on personal integrity by learning critical thinking, or learning how to think. Almost any philosophy course 101 is a good place to start.

    And we can start to see the medium in which we act by reading Understanding Media by Marshall McLuhan.

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    MBTI
    NOPE
    Socionics
    DONE Ni
    Posts
    224

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    Moment by moment awareness of our being can be realised in meditation. A good place to start is Waking Up: Spirituality Without Religion by Sam Harris.

    And we can make a start on personal integrity by learning critical thinking, or learning how to think. Almost any philosophy course 101 is a good place to start.

    And we can start to see the medium in which we act by reading Understanding Media by Marshall McLuhan.
    Wait... So you're saying that we need to learn philosophy and things like Plato?
    "...Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
    I doubted if I should ever come back.
    I shall be telling this with a sigh
    Somewhere ages and ages hence:
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."
    -The Road Not Taken by Robert Frost

  7. #17
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,524

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mychemicalkilljoy View Post
    Wait... So you're saying that we need to learn philosophy and things like Plato?
    Yes, we learn how to think by integrating what we already know, and by questioning the assumptions of what we already know.

    You might like to start by reading the history of Western Philosophy, or you might find a particular philosopher you fall in love with. Both are good first steps.

  8. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    MBTI
    NOPE
    Socionics
    DONE Ni
    Posts
    224

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    Yes, we learn how to think by integrating what we already know, and by questioning the assumptions of what we already know.

    You might like to start by reading the history of Western Philosophy, or you might find a particular philosopher you fall in love with. Both are good first steps.
    That's as very interesting take. So we learn from others to learn more about ourselves. We try to find similarity in our lives and connect, because connection is the basis of who we are. Who we are is based upon who and what we love.
    "...Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
    I doubted if I should ever come back.
    I shall be telling this with a sigh
    Somewhere ages and ages hence:
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."
    -The Road Not Taken by Robert Frost

Similar Threads

  1. Jung Functions and behaviour of reciprocity
    By Malcontent in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-30-2011, 12:58 PM
  2. [ENFJ] ENFJ - how do you process your romantic interest and if it's reciprocated?
    By mystory in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-24-2011, 09:25 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO