• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Classic ESTP Conor McGregor?

INFJohn

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Thanks guys,
This kinda helped me finalize my own myers briggs assessment/journey! :)

INFJ.

INFJ's and ESTP's share the same cognitive function stacks, but in reverse. Looking at Conor, I see almost myself (we share very very similar features).
However, I am not an STP type. But I've noticed I share a lot of body language/gestures with STP's. :)

Mneatu

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4

Hate to disappoint you guys but Connor is 100% ENTJ and I find it really, really inspiring that he is one (fed up with people idolatrizing estp's in sports)

Watch the video...

He is basically strategically analysing what his opponent's moves are and describes how the future outcome could develop in his favour. (NTJ)

He did mention something about 'he saw his success, it didn't matter that others didn't see it, he saw it - it was enough' (Ni + Fi)

Said he made up his own style, when he talks in interviews he is all about the 'abstract meanings' behind fighting(Ni) or being zen (Fi), that fighting is all he thinks about (entj focus)

He is quite aggressive in press conferences (loud mouth risk taker, again typical entj), winning the crowd over... he's got that entj 'people's hero' charm to him (similar to Maximus in Gladiator)

Would love to destroy the stereotype of ENTJs just being cerebral... we can apply our cerebral ordering abilities to transcend the need for patterns and we can fight.

Want two more unusually warrior-type ENTJs? (although fictional)
Maximus, Gladiator. Ramsey Bolton, Game of Thrones.

Awaiting for the cascade of comments :wink:

Dorito

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Hate to disappoint you guys but Connor is 100% ENTJ and I find it really, really inspiring that he is one (fed up with people idolatrizing estp's in sports)

Watch the video...

He is basically strategically analysing what his opponent's moves are and describes how the future outcome could develop in his favour. (NTJ)

He did mention something about 'he saw his success, it didn't matter that others didn't see it, he saw it - it was enough' (Ni + Fi)

Said he made up his own style, when he talks in interviews he is all about the 'abstract meanings' behind fighting(Ni) or being zen (Fi), that fighting is all he thinks about (entj focus)

He is quite aggressive in press conferences (loud mouth risk taker, again typical entj), winning the crowd over... he's got that entj 'people's hero' charm to him (similar to Maximus in Gladiator)

Would love to destroy the stereotype of ENTJs just being cerebral... we can apply our cerebral ordering abilities to transcend the need for patterns and we can fight.

Want two more unusually warrior-type ENTJs? (although fictional)
Maximus, Gladiator. Ramsey Bolton, Game of Thrones.

Awaiting for the cascade of comments :wink:

Resurrecting an old one. I don't really watch MMA, but his persona got to me. I only saw a couple interviews, but I am prone to believe you. Everyone assumes that professional fighters would be Se-dominant. I see why. However, I have read somewhere, that ISFP is actually the most common. It was obvious to me immediately, that he isn't Se-dom, for one thing, that being very significant. His use of visualization, and predicting the outcomes of his games, and planning ahead. That is too good use of Ni to be an ESxP. I considered ISFP, but that is still very strong. So, ENTJ makes sense.

It seems like plenty people don't realize it, but we use our tertiary function quite a lot. So, ESFPs use a lot of Te, and ENTJs use a lot of Se. If you look at many you know, you will realize, that they tend to be quite athletic, and know how to leverage opportunities, which is typically associated with Se.

And, he seems to me to be on the Te-Fi axis, rather than the other one. Definitely Gamma from the scarce materials I have seen.