• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

when is it ok to be angry?

Status
Not open for further replies.

danseen

MBTI Type
INTP
i'm usually a fairly bright person...but then i feel angry sometimes because i reckon people denied me knowledge in life....

is this normal?

TopCatLSD

When is it okay to be angry?

When ever you feel it. Just let out your emotions out, you might even be able to turn it into something productive. :)

Of course, it's never good to use your anger to cause damage and further frustration. It should be transformed into passion and strength.

á´…eparted

passages
No one needs permission to feel any emotion. If just for the fact that we don't always have control over what emotions come to us.

What is different though is if you should feel angry, and how it is outleted. That is sort of a grey area as there is a lot of morals involved that are not universally held by everyone. As I see it, anger is something that should be kept to oneself and channeled in a useful or productive manner. I have a very hard time justifying anger outbursts for myself or anyone if it effects another person.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
i'm usually a fairly bright person...but then i feel angry sometimes because i reckon people denied me knowledge in life....

is this normal?

:fpalm: Not again.

danseen

MBTI Type
INTP
lololol...it's a fact. i know it's a fact, if people can prove me wrong, fine.....

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

is this normal?
I can also feel frustrated by being taught to believe a variety of strange things growing up. It makes me realize the limits of my own brain. What is your circumstance like? Do the people to denied you knowledge possess it themselves? Or did they keep you from learning about certain things because they don't understand it? If it is the latter issues, then sure feel angry, but it also makes sense to feel badly for them because they have to deal with ignorance and an inability to get past it.

Also if you are young, then realize you have plenty of time to fix the problem. We all start out without knowledge, so it's just about timeframes of when we acquire it more than anything.

á´…eparted

passages
lololol...it's a fact. i know it's a fact, if people can prove me wrong, fine.....

So I am going to be blunt. You have brought up this very vauge idea of "knowledge" countless times in the past. Very few people, except for you, have any idea what exactly this is. Any attempts at seeking clarification from you has been met with more vaugeness, claiming the individual questioning would be unable to understand, or telling the person to go away. Yet, you continuously go around making posts like this even in threads where the relevance of it is about as tenuous as it can get. In those cases, anyone who asks, or offers advice is shot down by you. Usually in a rude manner.

It is for these reasons that it appears to everyone you just want to complain, and not actually receive help, advice, or fix this self proclaimed problem of yours. Which is why you keep meeting further and further resistance. Unless something changes you are not only going to still have this problem, but create a whole bunch of new ones as well. To be honest, I'm only a few steps back from just recommending to everyone that your topics on this are best left ignored.

danseen

MBTI Type
INTP
So I am going to be blunt. You have brought up this very vauge idea of "knowledge" countless times in the past. Very few people, except for you, have any idea what exactly this is. Any attempts at seeking clarification from you has been met with more vaugeness, claiming the individual questioning would be unable to understand, or telling the person to go away. Yet, you continuously go around making posts like this even in threads where the relevance of it is about as tenuous as it can get. In those cases, anyone who asks, or offers advice is shot down by you. Usually in a rude manner.

It is for these reasons that it appears to everyone you just want to complain, and not actually receive help, advice, or fix this self proclaimed problem of yours. Which is why you keep meeting further and further resistance. Unless something changes you are not only going to still have this problem, but create a whole bunch of new ones as well. To be honest, I'm only a few steps back from just recommending to everyone that your topics on this are best left ignored.

hostility is met with hostility in life..lolololol.... and i know that people here just duck under the radar...so can I.. And by knowledge I mean the knowledge the average college/university student knows. I feel there is some big club/class people go to get it.

á´…eparted

passages
hostility is met with hostility in life..lolololol.... and i know that people here just duck under the radar...so can I.. And by knowledge I mean the knowledge the average college/university student knows. I feel there is some big club/class people go to get it.

Just because someone is hostile does not justify doing it right back. Nearly all the time it simply makes things worse.

Ok, so to understand more clearly. Do you mean the academic material people learn at a university? Or is it something more abstract? If the former the simple solution would to attend university. If the latter can you please explain exactly what it is? As far as some big club if you mean it is literal then I can assure you no such thing exists. If you mean it more in an abstract metaphorical sense, then can you please be more explicit on what you mean by it?

Mychemicalkilljoy

MBTI Type
NOPE
It's okay to be angry. It's perfectly fine to feel whatever it is that you're feeling, but just remember to control your feelings so you don't hurt others. That's my motto.

danseen

MBTI Type
INTP
Just because someone is hostile does not justify doing it right back. Nearly all the time it simply makes things worse.

Ok, so to understand more clearly. Do you mean the academic material people learn at a university? Or is it something more abstract? If the former the simple solution would to attend university. If the latter can you please explain exactly what it is? As far as some big club if you mean it is literal then I can assure you no such thing exists. If you mean it more in an abstract metaphorical sense, then can you please be more explicit on what you mean by it?

Well most people dont take this forum seriously...and its how people in life...

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
when people make threads about stuff they don't explain and get hostile towards others.

danseen

MBTI Type
INTP
when people make threads about stuff they don't explain and get hostile towards others.

most people who went to therapists here get hostile...i can also....unless it's in the DSM for me not to..

- - - Updated - - -

Are you going to answer my questions or not?

Sorry, most others don't take this forum seriously, so neither should I....

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Anger is an emotion that comes up differently for different people. Anger itself is not bad, but what you do with it can be. I say that's where one's focus should be.

Lark

This forum is getting better at spotting this kind of thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.