• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

how do you read people's intent/thoughts?

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't know how I do it. I just do it naturally.

On many occasions, I have had people tell me I understand them better than they do themselves, even with modest contact.

Motives and honesty scream at me. Fears and concerns pop out as well.

I try not to read everyone I meet, but even without trying, I can see into people and figure a way to make their life better.

It gets overwhelming at times, especially with large groups.

So, how do I do it? I don't know. Am I right 90+%? Yes.

Can't all INFJs do this?

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I would see it the same as this:

I am a hippo. Who can flip backwards into a pond.

Can't all hippos flip backwards into a pond?

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I do the same, although body language can convey some useful additional information that I've completely ignored a few years ago.

Some people make use of body language to a much higher extent than some others. People who rely on reading body language too much can easily become confused when meeting a pokerface like me.
Exactly. People who try to read me that way usually get it wrong. I don't assume my skill will be any better than theirs.

Luke O

Super Ape
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Sometimes a thought or phrase will pop into my head and seconds later, the other person will say it. That may be me thinking along the same lines though.

As for intent, I'm not that good with emotions, particularly with two-faced people who there seem to be a lot of.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Stick your finger in the air and waggle it like you just don't care.

I have thoughts about people's thoughts and intents, but I try to ignore them in favour of actual evidence.

draon9

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so
You reas their intentions and thoughts by observing their actions body position and certain words that they are using