User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I don't. I ask them if I really want to know. It's too easy to make mistakes and end up in serious misunderstandings otherwise.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Google "chemtrails" Bush Did 9/11's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNtp
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    γ Ni

Knowing a thing or two about human nature and psychology, the needs, wants, and communication styles of people in the general sense, will provide some broad strokes for the picture. To fill in some details, be mindful of the person's personality, experiences, and relationship to you. This all establishes context for interpretations you might have along the way. Your gut might have a thing or two to say, too.

It's best to not rely upon all of that for anything other than forming a hypothesis. Asking clarifying questions during the process, using your interpretations as a navigation tool, goes a long way in avoiding grievous misunderstandings.
    J. Scott Crothers
    aka "Bush Did 9/11"
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

"Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics

Quote Originally Posted by danseen View Post
    I find many people do this...so how is it done?
    I focus on there agenda, I seem to do it naturally. People generally make there agenda quite clear without realising it.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram

I think that "reading" people is just a delicate balance of weighing your experiences and your prejudices.
    At times I have felt strong impressions from a person -
    and although I would like to believe that I had powerful insight,
    it is more likely that my past experiences and my social perspective shaped and set my understanding of interpersonal interaction.
    Likes Ivy liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    EII Fi

Step 1) Evaluate facial expressions, body language, and tone of voice.
    Step 2) Consider existing knowledge of the person. If this is someone I just met, I go off my first impression.
    Step 3) Consult my Fi and go from there.
    4w5 so/sp - 5w4 so/sx - 9w1 sp/so
    Fi > Ne > Ni > Fe > Si > Ti > Se > Te
    Melancholic/Phlegmatic/Supine

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    2w5 sx

I generally don't care enough about other people's motivations to really try to figure them out, I suppose though body language, tone, inflection, word choice, are all good indicators, though generally easy to misconstrue especially if you are lacking practice/reference.

Most people generally only have shallow motivations anyway, they might say what they are saying to be friendly, trick you, whatever, but once it is over they are on to the next thing, and only you can control how you felt about it.

It is easy to get wrapped up in hidden motivations if that is what you are looking for, doesn't mean to accept people at face value, but just that at the end of the day don't waste your life worrying about agendas, especially if you are easily distressed by them. You can only focus on so much at once, try to take everything in and your mind just becomes a mess.

Back of the mind, not the front. Aware but not controlled by. Do the best you can to deal day by day, watch how others interact and try to muster up enough energy to put on a similar front. May be repressive, but sometimes it might be necessary to attempt to focus on the here and now and ignore your preferences. Harder for some, I personally have always hated it and have never been good at keeping it up for long, but most interaction is inherently shallow. It's sad.

A wannabe dog

There is a reason why people often said that eyes are the windows to the soul.

You can easily spot a person's intents/thoughts just from their eyes alone. See that person there who is nice and friendly toward you yet their eyes reflect wariness and coldness whenever they look at you? Now this is a frenemy who secretly dislike you.

See that person there who often act cold and aloof toward you yet their eyes often have this very warm and gentle gaze whenever they look at you? Now this is a shy person who is hiding a secret crush on you.
    Likes windoverlake liked this post

MBTI
    yupp

I get that i'm not him but there's a lot of similarities so why is he less liked than me? don't get me wrong i'm not his friend by any means, but it seems he gets bans comes back and is banned again 50 seconds later.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Vibes.
    In that which is night to all things, therein the self-subjugated remains awake; but where all else is awake, that is night for the knower of the self.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI Te

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    I don't. I ask them if I really want to know. It's too easy to make mistakes and end up in serious misunderstandings otherwise.
    I do the same, although body language can convey some useful additional information that I've completely ignored a few years ago.

Some people make use of body language to a much higher extent than some others. People who rely on reading body language too much can easily become confused when meeting a pokerface like me.