User Tag List

123 Last

Default Your avatar says more about you than you think.

Your Online Avatar May Reveal More About You Than You'd Think : Shots - Health News : NPR

Long story short, your avatar is more likely to mirror/show your personality even if it isn't an actual picture of yourself, so that includes default avatar/pictures, cartoon/anime pictures, favorite television series, and etc.

Since we are into this, I wonder what my personality says about me based on the images I've been using. I suppose all of them may have some similarities because I've chose them?

Do you think your avatar describes you somewhat?

Enneagram
    9w8

I think your avatars point to a person who longs for action and adventure, who longs to break free and wants to present a self-sufficient image or perhaps sees himself (or herself?) as such.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

I'm sure there's some a common thread, but I think the avatars I've used capture different aspects of my identity. I don't think there's one avatar that could fully express who I am and what I'm about - at least I haven't found one yet. I think for the most part though, my avatars are warm and inviting. IIRC @Hive once told me my online profiles and choice of avatars also command a lot of attention with vibrant colors. I think that's all the commonalities I can find so far.

From yours, they all seem to give off the impression that you're taking charge of your own life. I love the Haikyuu one. Also what @Ene said.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Ene View Post
    I think your avatars point to a person who longs for action and adventure, who longs to break free and wants to present a self-sufficient image or perhaps sees himself (or herself?) as such.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    I'm sure there's some a common thread, but I think the avatars I've used capture different aspects of my identity. I don't think there's one avatar that could fully express who I am and what I'm about - at least I haven't found one yet. I think for the most part though, my avatars are warm and inviting. IIRC @Hive once told me my online profiles and choice of avatars also command a lot of attention with vibrant colors. I think that's all the commonalities I can find so far.

From yours, they all seem to give off the impression that you're taking charge of your own life. I love the Haikyuu one. Also what @Ene said.
    WOW! Both impressions sounds so....... spot on!
    @Chanaynay Yes, your current one with Aang is warm and inviting, even playful . It makes me think of fun!
    @Ene What do you think your avatar perceives as?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

I've only had two avatars since I joined TypoC. They both say that I like cephalopods.
    Likes Evee, Chanaynay, Showbread liked this post

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I like my avatar because it's from a funny story. I tried to change to a serious business avatar but I just can't do it. I like laughter.
    Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    St. Stephen took rocks and St. Sebastian took arrows. You only have to take some jerks on an internet forum. Nut up.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by BadOctopus View Post
    I've only had two avatars since I joined TypoC. They both say that I like cephalopods.
    Me too. My favorite are Humboldt squid. They hunt in packs, and they communicate with each other by changing their body color.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Evee View Post
    Me too. My favorite are Humboldt squid. They hunt in packs, and they communicate with each other by changing their body color.
    Humboldt squid are pretty cool. Highly intelligent, group-oriented, ruthless, efficient, and kind of scary.

Gasp! They're the ENTJs of the animal world.
    Likes Red Herring liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Rail Tracer View Post
    @Chanaynay Yes, your current one with Aang is warm and inviting, even playful . It makes me think of fun!
    It's actually his granddaughter Jinora. But they look really similar so mistaking them is understandable. Fun is always something I wanna remind people of.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Rail Tracer View Post
    Your Online Avatar May Reveal More About You Than You'd Think : Shots - Health News : NPR

Long story short, your avatar is more likely to mirror/show your personality even if it isn't an actual picture of yourself, so that includes default avatar/pictures, cartoon/anime pictures, favorite television series, and etc.
    Whoever started the TypoC members psychoanalyze your avatar for free thread was onto something, then. (Not that I disagree.)
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...