• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Your avatar says more about you than you think.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Obviously. When I choose a new avatar it always reflects my mood. Whether I feel playful, cheeky, moody or thoughtful.

grey_beard

The Typing Tabby
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Anybody want to take a stab at mine ? (Wincing in advance but willing to advance the cause of ...'science')

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I've had the same avatar for about 5 or so years now, though I've been missing for some of that time... according to the article I'm not agreeable avatar-wise because mine has closed eyes and black hair... according to those who know me in real life I'm not particularly agreeable in real life either :newwink:

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
maybe I sometimes I play off my user name sometimes I think the pic is funny sometimes i think the pic is awesome, sometimes i'm just sick and tired of my old one, but won't change it until i find something I like. And i don't actively search for avatars i just internet and come across shit, like my current one.

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
"When you go on Twitter and you see somebody that still has that egg avatar, what does that tell you about that person?"
Not much. But someone bothering to ask this question in earnest would tell me that they need a swift kick to the dick.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Not much. But someone bothering to ask this question in earnest would tell me that they need a swift kick to the dick.

a.)don't know how to upload or take a pic usually people 50 and up
b.)don't want people to know who they are usually tin foil hat people
c.)both usually tin foil hat people who are also 50 and up
d.)they identify with eggs, and are hoping one day science will have human to chicken egg transition surgery, but sadly probably not as their is not a strong enough movement, and know one has a fucking clue on how to even begin to do that tumblr users/swj/special_snowflake_syndrome

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Anybody want to take a stab at mine ? (Wincing in advance but willing to advance the cause of ...'science')
"Life is just one cat-ass-trophy after another"?

á´…eparted

passages
This isn't terribly surprising to see. For the most part an avatar will tell something about the person, and it seems to be the case here. There are some members here though where I am completely thrown off by their avatars compared to how they actually are (i.e. they don't match at all). I suspect mine falls into that category as well as my avatars definitely represent me, but it's part(s) of myself that I actively hide and pretend don't exist and I am doubtful most would pick up on it.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This isn't terribly surprising to see. For the most part an avatar will tell something about the person, and it seems to be the case here. There are some members here though where I am completely thrown off by their avatars compared to how they actually are (i.e. they don't match at all). I suspect mine falls into that category as well as my avatars definitely represent me, but it's part(s) of myself that I actively hide and pretend don't exist and I am doubtful most would pick up on it.
I've been looking at your avatar, and looking, trying to figure out what it might mean, and even to see what it's supposed to be a picture of. But I can't. It's too Hard.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm an inverted silhouetted wizard dancing around a forest and casting spells with a cat following from behind.

Eluded_One

Building muscle memory in my brain
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Some of us are comfortable in our own shoes, while some others are busy trying on somebody else's. Avatars can say many things - from the downright gritty to the absolute ostentatious.

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
There are some members here though where I am completely thrown off by their avatars compared to how they actually are (i.e. they don't match at all).
When I see a juxtaposed avatar/personality combo, I give an angel its wings.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
"Whenever two people meet, there are really six people present. There is each man as he sees himself, each man as the other person sees him and each man as he really is." - William James

I think that avatars are also how we want to be perceived. Which is to say, how we want/wish to be vs. how we "are".

This

Edit: Oh yea, and Meh

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'd like to think that my avatar choices don't create a lot of clash? I've only received clash-related avatar feedback once or twice. It helps that I tend to pick my avatars based on mood -- so I'm going to post appropriately to the picture when I use it.

There are some members here though where I am completely thrown off by their avatars compared to how they actually are (i.e. they don't match at all). I suspect mine falls into that category as well as my avatars definitely represent me, but it's part(s) of myself that I actively hide and pretend don't exist and I am doubtful most would pick up on it.
Yours makes sense with a little background (re: your iamamiwhoami fan status), though your exact avatar choices haven't made a ton of sense to me. Screen-caps from videos you especially like?

"Whenever two people meet, there are really six people present. There is each man as he sees himself, each man as the other person sees him and each man as he really is." - William James

I think that avatars are also how we want to be perceived. Which is to say, how we want/wish to be vs. how we "are".
Agreed.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Guilty as charged -my avatars look pretty standard next to my type. Although, they tend to have more of an exoskeleton than I do in reality. Ideals are certainly part of avatar choice. I often wish to be tougher.