• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Fantasy, Women and Men

Mole

Permabanned
Are women more prone to fantasy than men?

Women seem more prone to astrology and religion, why is this?

Perhaps it is because women have a larger corpus callosum joining the left and right side of their brain. And so imaginative messages from the right side of the brain readily enter the left side of their brain.

Whereas men, with a smaller corpus callosum more easily filter imaginative messages from the right side of the brain.

And so before the breakdown of the bicameral mind women were able to hear the voice of God clearly and distinctly through their larger corpus callosum. And so were the chosen conduits for God. But with the breakdown of the bicameral mind women lost their privileged position and became subject to the patriarchy.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Then why are all the priests and most preachers men? No, women aren't more inclined to the crazies. Men have plenty of stake in that realm as well.

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ever heard of Joseph Smith?

Mole

Permabanned
Then why are all the priests and most preachers men? No, women aren't more inclined to the crazies. Men have plenty of stake in that realm as well.

My thesis is that before the breakdown of the bicameral mind women were priests and our strongest link with the voice of God, but after the breakdown of the bicameral mind, women lost their special link with God, and so men took the role of priests.

Chthonic

Well the OP seems to be pretty invested in this idea of the bicameral mind. There's a point for the male side of the equation.

Obsidius

Chumped.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Umm... I think those two replies didn't make much sense. He's asking a question of the general population, but I think the correct answer is that both are more prone to be stupid and crazy in different ways. Scary thing is, men tend to seek power along with their crazy, which makes them more noticeable. I also assume that the first poster knows why most preachers are male, it can be found in the Old Testament. I don't blame you for not wanting to read any of it though, it's hellishly boring and dull.

GarrotTheThief

The Green Jolly Robin H.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
no...
first, astrology hasn't been disproven. It hasn't been proven nor has it been disproven.

What you are alluding to as astrology is a misconception on your behalf but not your fault.

True astrology is how the bodies in space effect our lives. Since there are scales beyond the Newtonian where particles interact with each other it is feasible the planets influence us beyond the scope of gravity.

So that blows one whole in your initial premise that astrology is fantasy. Again, speaking as a neutral party here, not in favor, nor in disfavor of astrology, the truth is no one knows for certain. I've done the research and there are as many papers proving as disproving the potential influence of stars on our biology, and hence personality.

Second, by my own experience, women are less prone to fantasy.

For example, I like to daydream more than my female friends and I am not a woman therefore your premise is wrong as an absolute rule.

in order for your conclusion to be true, your premises must also be true...since your premises essentially can't be proven your conclusion cannot be proven either.

If you would have left astrology out of this then maybe you would have been correct.

Also the idea of fantasy raises issues of false dichotomy caused by the assumption that we actually know what is truly real. We don't know what is real in an intellectual sense, only in a physical tangible sense....so again your inquiry is somewhat fruitless and sterile.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Perhaps it is because women have a larger corpus callosum joining the left and right side of their brain.

This is just a myth