User Tag List

123 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 26

  1. #1
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,529

    Default The False Self and the Integrated Self

    I have trouble addressing the false self on Central.

    The first trouble I have is in recognising that I am addressing a false self rather than an integrated self.

    This is compounded by the fact that the false self is normal on Central, and encouraged on Central.

    And no acknowledgement is made that the integrated self is more desirable than the false self.

    But worse many of us live in and work in environments where a false self is required, such as retail sales, the service industry, and interestingly, in school.

    I suppose what strikes me is that there is no revolt against the culture of the false self. This is ironic as the false self fancies itself as independent, individual, and even revolutionary, but there is absolutely no revolt against the false self.

    And mbti is the codification of the false self.

    The false self is functional and acceptable and smothers the possibility of the integrated self.

    And of course The Catcher in the Rye by J.D.Salinger addresses the false self.

    And I myself have seen the false self successfully addressed in an encounter group at the University of New South Wales.

    It requires moral courage, persistence, and an integrated personality to lead the group.

  2. #2
    I could do things Hard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe
    Posts
    7,977

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    I have trouble addressing the false self on Central.
    The reason you have trouble is because you almost always sound like you're talking down to people. A lot of the time you're making an attempt and point to do so. People aren't going to listen to that morally superior tone that you often make. You also often speak in an indirect, passive aggressive manner that is extremely off putting, hard for people to understand, and can have so many meanings that it appears to allow you to twist it in whatever is convienent for you. It's clear you have agendas to push and you've even openly stated them in the past. Much of them, are not conductive to this forum and the people on it.

    Your problem is your delivery. If you actually wanted to make the changes you so actively seem to persue, then you need to consider who your audience is, and adjust yourself accordingly so they get what you seek to aim for. You never seem to do that ever. As such, you shouldn't expect many people, in particular the one that you want to listen to you, to actually get anywhere. Your history shows that you're extremely consistent in your delivery, and you've said in the past that you have no desire to change this.

    Because of this, you won't ever get through to people. I wonder if you even want to.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

    Likes velveteen liked this post

  3. #3
    Suave y Fuerte BadOctopus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Posts
    3,273

    Default

    Oy, it's always something. So in addition to being psychologically damaged, we're all a bunch of phonies, as well? Sorry we're not real enough for you, Mole.

    If that is your real name.
    Likes Hard, velveteen, Mace liked this post

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,628

    Default

    I sure wish I had the ability to use these "masks" you speak of in real life. Maybe people wouldn't give me the shit they do now, all talking down to me like I'm some invalid who needs their help, projecting their bullshit onto me. Instead you can take me apart with one look at me and it's damn annoying so you probably don't know what you're talking about.


    I'd upload and post videos of myself talking so you guys could understand who you're talking to but I'm not currently allowed.

  5. #5
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,529

    Default Je suis Charlie

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    The reason you have trouble is because you almost always sound like you're talking down to people. A lot of the time you're making an attempt and point to do so. People aren't going to listen to that morally superior tone that you often make. You also often speak in an indirect, passive aggressive manner that is extremely off putting, hard for people to understand, and can have so many meanings that it appears to allow you to twist it in whatever is convienent for you. It's clear you have agendas to push and you've even openly stated them in the past. Much of them, are not conductive to this forum and the people on it.

    Your problem is your delivery. If you actually wanted to make the changes you so actively seem to persue, then you need to consider who your audience is, and adjust yourself accordingly so they get what you seek to aim for. You never seem to do that ever. As such, you shouldn't expect many people, in particular the one that you want to listen to you, to actually get anywhere. Your history shows that you're extremely consistent in your delivery, and you've said in the past that you have no desire to change this.

    Because of this, you won't ever get through to people. I wonder if you even want to.
    Don't be silly. I am offensive because there is no free speech without the right to offend.

    So naturally I stand with Charlie Hebdo and free speech.

    Je suis Charlie.

  6. #6
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,529

    Default The Personality and the Person

    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilogen View Post
    I sure wish I had the ability to use these "masks" you speak of in real life. Maybe people wouldn't give me the shit they do now, all talking down to me like I'm some invalid who needs their help, projecting their bullshit onto me. Instead you can take me apart with one look at me and it's damn annoying so you probably don't know what you're talking about.

    I'd upload and post videos of myself talking so you guys could understand who you're talking to but I'm not currently allowed.
    It's true, if we have a good personality, we will be accepted in society.

    And a personality is our way of interacting successfully with society. And those without a good personality are made to suffer by society.

    Such a society demands a tradable personality to increase our social capital. Our personality is our way of selling ourselves.

    If we have a good personality, the danger is that we identify with our personality.

    And by identifying with our personality, we neglect to individuate, we neglect to integrate our psyche, and so become an absurd braying personality.

    We become a personality rather than a person.

    And mbti is ruthlessly determined to turn you into a personality. And I guess that's why you are here.

  7. #7
    I could do things Hard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe
    Posts
    7,977

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    Don't be silly. I am offensive because there is no free speech without the right to offend.

    So naturally I stand with Charlie Hebdo and free speech.

    Je suis Charlie.
    I assure you, I am not being the least bit silly. So, your whole purpose is to be offensive, tick people off, and have no care if people actually receive your message or not? There's a word for that you know: Trolling.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari


  8. #8
    Analytical Dreamer Coriolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    17,547

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    And of course The Catcher in the Rye by J.D.Salinger addresses the false self.
    Perhaps this explains why I have always disliked that book.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    Don't be silly. I am offensive because there is no free speech without the right to offend.

    So naturally I stand with Charlie Hebdo and free speech.

    Je suis Charlie.
    You may have the right to free offensive speech, but others have the right to free critical speech, namely to criticize the things you say that offend them. If you are unhappy with this bargain, I'm sure you know what your options are.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...
    Likes GarrotTheThief liked this post

  9. #9
    The Green Jolly Robin H.
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    1,683

    Default

    Never read The Catcher in the Rye but once I read Dear Mr. Henshaw and it made me cry so hard.

    In general I tend to stick to classical literature like translating the Old Testament from Hebrew and Greek (false self) or Don Quixote (Integrated Self).

    By any chance have you ever tried dressing like a woman? I have often sat on a rock by the beaten path, off by the way side on the cold lake shore, peering into the horizon during a brilliant sun rise as the dawn stretched her fingers out across the sky, and wondered what it would be like to dress as a woman. (false self or integrated self, you be the judge, jury, and gavel).
    "i shut the door and in the morning
    it was open
    -the end"




    Olemn slammed his hammer and from the sparks on the metal of his anvil came the spheres of the heavens.

    Sayrah blew life into the spheres and they moved. From her wheel she weaved the names of people in to mystery.

  10. #10
    alchemist Legion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    1,862

    Default

    Mole is an insane cult leader and he's a total mole.\

    I'm just kidding.

Similar Threads

  1. The False Self
    By Mole in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-11-2016, 09:45 PM
  2. The Integrity of Carl Jung
    By Article Poster in forum Typology Videos and RSS Feeds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-01-2014, 03:10 AM
  3. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-07-2014, 12:20 AM
  4. Political conservatism, in-group loyalty, and moral integrity of the individual
    By SolitaryWalker in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 01-30-2013, 11:30 AM
  5. The True Self and the False Self
    By Mole in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-14-2012, 03:51 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO