User Tag List

First 123 Last

It's becoming plain that many here only present a false self. This is no good for them and no good for us. And unfortunately mbti encouraged the false self. So I have decided to put all those who only present a false self here on Ignore. I don't want to be party to this travesty, particularly as most of them are psychologically exploited school children.

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    The false self is functional and acceptable and smothers the possibility of the integrated self.
    The "false" self is still part of the whole. And while it may delay integration (especially if one is not conscious of its existence) I still think the possibility of an integrated self is there. I look at the MBTI as merely a pitstop on the road to integration, Victor.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    The "false" self is still part of the whole. And while it may delay integration (especially if one is not conscious of its existence) I still think the possibility of an integrated self is there. I look at the MBTI as merely a pitstop on the road to integration, Victor.
    I also take a developmental approach, Jaguar.

But here the false self is relentlessly presented without interpretation or reflection. So there is no possibility to develop an integrated self.

And unfortunately there are adults running Typology Central but they do not take responsibility for the development of immature members.

So the question comes down to: do we want to be part of the psychological exploitation of school children?

I also take a developmental approach, Jaguar.

But here the false self is relentlessly presented without interpretation or reflection.
    So there is no possibility to develop an integrated self.
    If I can read some of the same drivel you do in this forum and still develop an integrated self, there is indeed a possibility. You're assuming what goes on in this forum affects everyone the same way. I do not make that assumption. I know there are smart kids out there who can visit with the MBTI for awhile, not take it as some bizarre religion, throw it away, and become whole. I've spoken with them, so I know they exist. Do I think a lot of nonsense gets posted? Absolutely. But it's all part of a larger process, eh? It takes time to unfold.

And unfortunately there are adults running Typology Central but they do not take responsibility for the development of immature members.
    It's not their job. (Thankfully, I might add.) My development is my job; your development is your job.

So the question comes down to: do we want to be part of the psychological exploitation of school children?
    The "school children" need to hold themselves accountable. When I was in college (okay, a lifetime ago) I was one of a handful who passed a peer pressure test in an experiment conducted by the Psych Dept. Basically, they exerted more pressure on you to see if you would cave in from the opinions of others. I didn't cave in, I became more resolute as more pressure was piled on. Perhaps one could view all this as one, giant peer pressure test. Try looking at it that way rather than referring to all of it as exploitation. If a kid needs someone else to break their chains, what have they really gained? Nothing. They need to break the chains on their own. Development is personal.

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    Mole is an insane cult leader and he's a total mole.\

I'm just kidding.
    A cult leader implies you have people who can stand to be around you.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Perhaps this explains why I have always disliked that book.
    Holden Caulfield is the whiniest, most insufferable little bitch in the history of literature. He calls everyone "phonies", and yet fails to realize that everything about him is an affectation: his superiority, his disdain for others, and even his fashion statement with his trademark red hunting cap. It's all a facade to hide the fact that he's just a very insecure little boy.

If Mole really regards Holden Caulfield as a character worth emulating, he might want to look harder.
    Likes Red Herring liked this post

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

who are you to decide what self is true and which is false? are we not multifaceted beings?
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    who are you to decide what self is true and which is false? are we not multifaceted beings?
    When a character is presented it literature, it is fair game for the reader to make such decisions. Even the author's intent cannot override the multitude of impressions others may take from it.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    When a character is presented it literature, it is fair game for the reader to make such decisions. Even the author's intent cannot override the multitude of impressions others may take from it.
    not talking about Catcher in the Rye (or a study in douche-ism for minors)

talking to mole about non-fictional characters
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

It's becoming plain that many here only present a false self. This is no good for them and no good for us. And unfortunately mbti encouraged the false self. So I have decided to put all those who only present a false self here on Ignore. I don't want to be party to this travesty, particularly as most of them are psychologically exploited school children.
    This is kind of hilarious. Putting people on ignore because they challenge your world views, and don't put up with your trollish discussions. It's totally in your right to do so, and people put people on ignore all the time for all kinds of reasons. Still, I mean, it's also presented as an insult like you're trying to upset people and make them feel bad, so it's pretty much a temper tantrum of "WAH! People are challenging me! So I am going to publicly announce that I am ignoring them! Look, look! Look how much I am actively ignoring these people I don't like".

Let's see how long this last. You told me weeks ago you put me on ignore. You still reply to me. If you assume putting people on ignore is going to stop or dissuade them from expression opinions about what you say and or challenging your assertions, you would be sorely mistaken.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

Likes Cygnus liked this post