First 5678 Last

The Unwieldy Clawed One Falcarius's Avatar
    MBTI
    COOL
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Dino None

Falcarius tends to avoid thinking about whatever is making him angry by going for a walk when he is at work, or just by going to his room if he is at home; sometimes it is just a 10 minute walk, and sometimes it is a 'I hate you all and I never want to come back again' walk for the rest of the day, followed but a few days off work. Fortunately, a nice walk accompanied by frightfully sadistic thoughts of wanting to poke someone in their eyes out with a pencil is enough of a symbolic gesture towards letting go of what is bothering Falcarius. Sometimes he probably goes as far as planning the ideal time to act out his fantasy of stabbing one with a pencil in their eye. He pretty much thought about what could go wrong: forgetting to take a sharpener and the pencil getting blunt, him forgetting to do it in both the person's eyes so they will able to pick him out on a police line-up, someone seeing him in the act so he will have to multiply the act potentially infinity, and finally remember to not leave weapon at the scene of the crime. He has even pretty much decided the best time for stabbing someone in their eye is after work on a winter's day; they are off-guard and tired, so Falcarius can do what he has to do and slip off in a ghostly way into the moonlight. Luckily, Falcarius does not show his anger too often, and he has of yet not stabbed anyone in their eye despite the many thoughts. He is much more likely to bottles up his feelings and wallow in his self-pity in private.

When Falcarius bottled up feelings and they do come out, they tend not to come out all Godzilla and smash things, consequently his anger is more like thunderstorm on a summer's day. The big show of thunder and lightning that will soon blows away. The eerie calm before the storm. When atmospheric rage builds people dinosaurs do not usually die, homes are not smashed, family heirlooms get saved, but more worryingly intangible things are broken that take a long time to fix. When the pride, respect, and understanding goes it probably will not come back any time soon. These moods have names like Ambo, Betty, Carina as if they were tropical cyclones.

Dinosaurs people like Falcarius very occasionally gain a surge of power with all the atmospheric pressure. It becomes all too much and so Falcarius release all his feelings. When this happens he ironically feels the need to unleash his inner rage before they can feel at peace once again with himself. As he is very sensitive to criticism even the slightest thing sets off his insecurities. In turn the insecurities reinforce the feeling of worthlessness, of not being good enough, and incompetent. This makes Falcarius really really angry, so he lash out as he thinks: "You punks made me feel awful, so I am going to teach you a lesson. You stupid nasty punk". The hot air rises and he loses control and becomes ever more conflicted and violent. These mood swings names get retired, as one does not want to be reminded of all the things they say and do things they later regret, but by then it's too late to take them back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalassa View Post
    Oh our 3rd person reference to ourselves denotes nothing more than we realize we are epic characters on the forum.

Narcissism, plain and simple.

I am fucking awesome.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    It's quite a sight when I run across the person now and then who doesn't pick up on Fe barbs and/or insinuations (or just don't care). I'll watch the slights coming into play when an Fe person does get furious and starts slicing and dicing, but it's like it's just going right through air -- the target is completely oblivious/unfazed by what is being said and just responds matter of factly in ways that probably frustrate the Fe person more.

Pretty much you have to have at least a little awareness of Fe-style interaction or you can't use it / be harmed by it directly.
    Depending on who it is and what is going on obliviousness can make me up the antie quite a bit, progressively becoming more and more obvious until it clicks. If it doesn't I will start turning to others to get the dirty work done. It usually works. Granted this is getting away from the territory of anger (anger is separated from annoyance and irritation for me, the latter two I experience often). If I shed the subtleness though I can cut really deep in a person. Not everyone though. Some people are impossible to reach in that regard. It also requires you to have some sort of standing with them.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

How would you describe the difference between Fe anger and Fi anger? Anyone feel free to jump in.
    Likes Video liked this post

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    It's quite a sight when I run across the person now and then who doesn't pick up on Fe barbs and/or insinuations (or just don't care). I'll watch the slights coming into play when an Fe person does get furious and starts slicing and dicing, but it's like it's just going right through air -- the target is completely oblivious/unfazed by what is being said and just responds matter of factly in ways that probably frustrate the Fe person more.

Pretty much you have to have at least a little awareness of Fe-style interaction or you can't use it / be harmed by it directly.
    Slicing and dicing is a good term for it. Iv'e generally found that when people don't pick up on the anger it's because they are oblivious to sarcasm.
    Friends, waffles, work

"The problem is, when you depend on a substitute for love, you can never get enough" - Louis Cozolino

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

I did post in this thread before, but truth is that my anger has been both an issue in the past and a bit of a non-entity in the present.

In most situations getting angry has little to no use and I find myself trying to keep it under control because it would make things worse for me. I guess I'm just a moody prick? But that's not real anger, the real anger is when I do things like biting a kids face or ear.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Rarely do I get truly angry because
    1)it can make you do and say some really stupid sh*t
    2) It's really difficult to make me angry...
    but when I do... well, I've heard it described as "cold fury".

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

If I'm truly angry, furious, I'm a surgically precise. I will dissect your every word, every careless argument and show you how wrong you are. I will reveal everything I know about you and your character weaknesses.

I takes a hell of a lot to get there - some very personal attack towards me - and I hate it and myself when it happens.
    "The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd."
    - Bernard Russell

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Oh man, the drama.

If your question is about how I act, I tend to shout a lot and in extreme cases may start causing damage. I can be a highly destructive force. Nonetheless, I am much less likely to be angry with a person than an event, and will usually curse the situation more than anything. The surest ways I become angry are by:

1. People or events leading me to wait longer than I know I should, especially in a transit situation (queues, traffic jams, etc).
    2. Somebody I care about deliberately ignoring me
    3. My privacy being invaded in the morning

I am rather like a pressure cooker. I will simmer away in silence for a while, but if you don't watch will boil over without warning.