• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Crazy people and MBTI[c]

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
So do you think mentally ill people are more likely to be attracted to MBTI[c]? If so why?

I think it can, because their is a stigma for mental health issues. So often times people realize that they are not quite like others, and part of them knows they should probably talk to someone. But the other part doesn't know what they'd do if someone found out, so they explore different avenues such as religion and personality type. So as I was saying their searching for any sort of confirmation that they're normal and as soon as they get it they latch on. I could of course be totally wrong. So opinions, and be honest.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Nah, it's not...well, whatver...and yeah, you know.

What?

:party2:

Yeaaaaaaaahhhhhh....

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
I think you're on to something, in fact I was thinking about creating a thread like this.

It seems to me that many mentally unbalanced people are attracted to this forum and others like it. I guess psychology forums may have some type of inherent draw maybe, perhaps, possibly, conceivably.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I think you're on to something, in fact I was thinking about creating a thread like this.

It seems to me that many mentally unbalanced people are attracted to this forum and others like it. I guess psychology forums may have some type of inherent draw maybe, perhaps, possibly, conceivably.

well yeah, you were one that brought it up and zergling suggested I start it. Silly goose.......OOh what about religious forums, think they could draw the same type of people?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
oh gosh, I should go back to the physics forum, I am getting afraid :)

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hell, yeah, I'm crazy!!!!!!

Woo hoo!!!!!!! :hi:

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Now, is this place attracting crazy people, or does this place make people go crazy?

I'm almost inclined to argue the latter...

Spartacuss

wholly charmed
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Yep, there are some certifiable personas around these parts. You have to wonder if they are only feigning an antic disposition or truly whacked. I can see why true nuts are attracted in particular to the religion and psychology forums. These topics tend to attract their fair share of mumbo jumbo from even the sane. The insane shouldn't be as conspicuously nutty there. From the looks of the thread, the strategy's not working out too well.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Awww, heck, admit it - we crazy people make life interesting for the rest of you...

...as long as we don't come busting in like Arnold Schwarzenegger in Terminator, I think it's okay.

I'm crazy, sure, but in a lovable way that somehow makes you want to smack me, hug me, laugh at me, and shout at me all at the same time. :devil:

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
Awww, heck, admit it - we crazy people make life interesting for the rest of you...

...as long as we don't come busting in like Arnold Schwarzenegger in Terminator, I think it's okay.

I'm crazy, sure, but in a lovable way that somehow makes you want to smack me, hug me, laugh at me, and shout at me all at the same time. :devil:

This thread ain't about you, Little Linguist.

Spartacuss

wholly charmed
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I'm wondering if everybody had the same poster or two in mind when they saw the thread title. :laugh:

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I'm wondering if everybody had the same poster or two in mind when they saw the thread title. :laugh:

I don't know, who did you have in mine? rep or pm me unless you think the person in question won't be offended. and if it's me no I won't be offended.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Was thinking of this one:
0811839974_norm.jpg

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
I have no one person in mind and it's not Victor.

Really it's not.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I know, Pro, I was just being crazy-- uh, uh, uh -- I mean silly. :devil:

Don't take it the wrong way. :hug:

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Well, Haphazard said I was the only sane one here, and she knows frickin everything, so there.

Now, excuse me while I go see if that tricycle I lit on fire is finished burning yet.