First 4567816 Last

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    Crazy = abnormal

Which is not necessarily a bad thing.
    Definitely!!!!!!!!
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    *whispers* Don't say anything but I think she's a little :crazy:.
    Hmm...crazy is cool.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by booyalab View Post
    Crazy = derangement, totally unsound, brainsick

It's not necessarily bad if you're crazy, I suppose. But it kind of makes life difficult for the people who aren't.
    HAHAHAHAA!

Well, I think we need to differentiate between the people who are totally sick and need to go into a sanitarium ASAP and those who are crazy in a cute kind of way that make you say, OMG - these people make life...well...interesting.

I think a bit of craziness is necessary. Here I'm defining crazy as "uninhibited ability to express things in a way the average person would not." That is cool.

Now kid coming into a school and shooting 20 people; guy beating up his wife because he cannot deal with his anger; mother abusing her children; people who are reckless - like driving while drunk or having sex without protection and spreading disease; people who commit violent crimes - not cool.

So we have to define what we are talking about here. If we mean the classic, cute variety - ROCK ON. If we mean the totally deranged mental psychopath - UH, HOPEFULLY NOT.

MBTI
    INTJ

I think that MBTI may attract people who are different or eccentric. I will not debate about whether these people would be labeled crazy or not. I suppose everyone is different, but some of us are more different than others.

If some one is average or normal, they probably never stop to think: "Why am I am normal?" or "Why am I fortunate enough not to struggle with fitting in?"

I can't speak for everyone, but I spend lots of time thinking things like "Why am I different?" "Why is it my brain doesn't seem to function the way most people's do?" "Why is it so hard for me to fit in?" "Is this a mental problem or just a difference?" I imagine it was this way for other people who are different as well, or at least some of them. Some people act like I made a deliberate effort to be different, like this was a choice I made. It never felt like a choice to me. It just felt like being myself.

I have looked at various material - psychology, pop psychology, self help and New Age - to try to answer some of my questions. Of all the different material I look at the best sources to answer my questions have been personality typing. It gives me answers: I am different because I am a rare type. My brain doesn't function the same as most people's because I am not the same type as most people. It is hard to fit in because I am a different type then most people. It isn't a mental problem, it's just a different type.

I admit, I have some eccentricities that are not accounted for by type, but it does account for many of them. Difficulty expressing feelings, day dream quite a bit, percieved as not social enough, difficulty putting ideas in words - that is just a "normal" INTJ.

Ilah

MBTI
    INXP

I isolate myself chiefly out of fear of causing emotional harm unto others.

The internet is a controlled environment where I can communicate with others without having to connect. MBTIc is a place for me to chit-chat without having to put up with bad syntax (usually ).

Perhaps 'abnormal' people can find normality within the internet.
    http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/6/68764.png
    Ti Ne Fi Ni

-How beautiful, this pale Endymion hour.
    -What are you talking about?
    -Endymion, my dear. A beautiful youth possessed by the moon.
    -Well, forget about him and get to bed.
    -Yes, my dear.

Enneagram
    1w2

But is it a real connection if you can turn it on and off when you want to? I'm sorry but it seems like a relationship of convenience to me.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    intp

That is the appeal. And nobody will get mad at you for switching on and off.
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Enneagram
    1w2

So me thinking it's a bunch of people faking being chummy chummy round here isn't to far off the mark?
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

not for me, however that is typical NTP passive aggressive behavior.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    intp

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    So me thinking it's a bunch of people faking being chummy chummy round here isn't to far off the mark?
    Why do you think it is fake?
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery