User Tag List

First 81617181920 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

/thread please
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Ilah View Post
    I think that MBTI may attract people who are different or eccentric. I will not debate about whether these people would be labeled crazy or not. I suppose everyone is different, but some of us are more different than others.

If some one is average or normal, they probably never stop to think: "Why am I am normal?" or "Why am I fortunate enough not to struggle with fitting in?"

I can't speak for everyone, but I spend lots of time thinking things like "Why am I different?" "Why is it my brain doesn't seem to function the way most people's do?" "Why is it so hard for me to fit in?" "Is this a mental problem or just a difference?" I imagine it was this way for other people who are different as well, or at least some of them. Some people act like I made a deliberate effort to be different, like this was a choice I made. It never felt like a choice to me. It just felt like being myself.

I have looked at various material - psychology, pop psychology, self help and New Age - to try to answer some of my questions. Of all the different material I look at the best sources to answer my questions have been personality typing. It gives me answers: I am different because I am a rare type. My brain doesn't function the same as most people's because I am not the same type as most people. It is hard to fit in because I am a different type then most people. It isn't a mental problem, it's just a different type.

I admit, I have some eccentricities that are not accounted for by type, but it does account for many of them. Difficulty expressing feelings, day dream quite a bit, percieved as not social enough, difficulty putting ideas in words - that is just a "normal" INTJ.

Ilah
    I agree.

It seems to me that most of us have a "normal switch" we turn on for convenience during most of our daily activities.

IRL I only know of one person that considers me to be seriously mental (he isn't a friend of mine). Most other people think just think I'm slightly to extremely odd. But most people are odd in their own way, so this doesn't have an effect on anyone. Plus, I'm quite high up on the "social ladder" if one exists in my community, and I believe I live a very well-rounded and socially acceptable/respectable lifestyle. I am very aware that the way I think and do things are often very much different from most others, but this doesn't seem to be an issue.

Let's be realistic. Most people I know, even most of my closest friends- if they saw the things we were talking about on here and the way we talked about them, they be all "wtf". I know some people that would definitely be like "You're..a weird kid. You're fucked up." if they knew, but mostly because of the fact that I'm communicating with people online.
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Every N I've ever heard of could probably be officially diagnosed with a mental illness. Probably every SP and ISxJ too. ESxJs are gods among men when it comes to livin' f'n proper, I guess.

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp

^ Come to think of it, I find that plausible as well.
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

I found this site back in summer..autumn 2007 when I was recovering from burnout, and had recovered from depression. Seeking ways to understand myself, find my "true" personality and perhaps "cure" myself were the motivations to enter the site.

I was reluctantly accepting to the possibility of other, severe mental disorder during my stay in here and before. Burnout & depression recurred in autumn 2007, and the suggestions of laymen - both members and people from RL - succeeded to unnerve me enough to seek help, during which the possibility of other health issues were removed.

I had recovered fully by the autumn 2008, and actually thought, "mission accomplished, move on". I thought, I've got much to do, and with the psychological issues having being examined enough and resolved, my job was in the RL. Mostly working my ass off, I gathered.

I have a rather low view of laymen pushing their diagnoses at the moment, tho I'm glad they pushed me to examine the issues. One friend of mine, for example, currently relies on the diagnosis of a medically unqualified "healer" for her step father's Alzheimer's disease.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENFP

I think that the mentally unbalanced often go on a search for something deeper. They view the world from a different perspective and so the average secular explanation of reality won't quite cut it for them.

There is alot of insanity in my family and they are usually the people who subscribe most strongly to a specific belief system; one is a hardcore astrology person, several are devout christians and then there are a few into spirituality and personality profiling (mediums and the like) and often hang around graveyards.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Every N I've ever heard of could probably be officially diagnosed with a mental illness. Probably every SP and ISxJ too. ESxJs are gods among men when it comes to livin' f'n proper, I guess.
    I was thinking that today.

I think everybody's crazy. What's sanity?

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    I was thinking that today.

I think everybody's crazy. What's sanity?
    Sanity? Never heard of it.

MBTI
    intp

There are at least a few.
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

MBTI
    INTJ

I think this is pretty much the coolest forum I've ever been to.