User Tag List

First 2101112131422 Last

ThatGirl

Awwwwwoooooooooo!!!!!OOOOOOO!!!!! AAWWWOOOOOOO!

Was it time for the howling yet? Too soon? I always start the howling too soon.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post

Actually i'm way more physically demonstrative online than I am in person. I'll come clean about that now. the closest you'd get to a hug from me in RL would be a stiff toleration of your instigation of one. I'm working on that though. It doesn't mean I'm fake though cos in essence I'm being in fact more genuine here than in RL, cos here I hug people whenever I would WANT to in RL, but my physical inhibitions would hold me back. Here I don't have to worry about someone touching me in parts of my body I hate, so I can hug with impunity and give away all that pent-up affection that I daren't express in RL!!
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

ThatGirl

Do you do the one shoulder pat with the slightly extended chin with as little contact as possible?

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    Do you do the one shoulder pat with the slightly extended chin with as little contact as possible?
    Possibly, though I've never analyzed it before. I do quite a skillful 'hug evasion' move that makes it look like I'd just LOVE to hug you but damn, what a shame, I've got this thing in my hand that means I can't or there's this thing or person in the way so I can get away with blowing a kiss with a nose-wrinkled smile and a wink, you know the ones.

It's a real block for me, the hugging thing. Went through no end of personal sorta evolution to even get to a point where I wanted to, it's a real bitch to not be able to now for physical reasons I can't help (yet, but am working on).

edit - actually no, I don't pat. I read somewhere that patting is a dead giveaway of a fake hugger, and since my affection is actually genuine, it's just paranoias about my body that make me shy of hugging, I don't want to give someone a reason to think I don't genuinely like them when I do. If I don't, then I'll pat away
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

ThatGirl

I hate it. I purposely show up to family occasions right when I know everyone is eating. Then I blame it on the traffic and say "No, its ok don't get up. Hello everyone. That looks good I am going to go grab some."

Strangers are likely to loose a limb.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

xD appreciate that

closest thing to intimacy I get is like this:

YouTube - bugatti veyron top speed 407 km/h

xD

MBTI
    ENTP

but that's interesting, I'm wondering about how for some people now, being online actually allows them to be MORE genuine than in RL. Particularly those of us with intimacy issues who have difficulty expressing our real feelings in person...?

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

I guess you could split the question to:

1) How many of the unhealthy people see themselves unhealthy?

2) How many of them have any motivation to do something about it?

3) How many of them find MBTI interesting?

Then you rule out almost all the S people since they don't show up in the net that much. I don't know where that takes us... Umm...

But I think this is a nice way to put it:

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    I think it attracts people who would like to become saner.
    Count me in. I think that if you want to be healthy, you will, it just takes some time. So there should be more healthy people around here...

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    but that's interesting, I'm wondering about how for some people now, being online actually allows them to be MORE genuine than in RL. Particularly those of us with intimacy issues who have difficulty expressing our real feelings in person...?
    You know, I usually wouldn't call myself very inhibited, but I read your post a few pages up on how you socialize with your online friends, and I felt like that's a whole different world...

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by nolla View Post
    You know, I usually wouldn't call myself very inhibited, but I read your post a few pages up on how you socialize with your online friends, and I felt like that's a whole different world...
    don't suppose you'd care to elaborate?