• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Weird, Dark, Unusual, Unexplained

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
What are some of your pet surreal or mysterious interests? Here are some of my main ones:

1) I have liked horror as a genre since I was about 9-10 years old, only followed by mystery, strongly preferred over sci Fi or romance

2) in my late teens and early twenties I believed I could vaguely place my two last lives, one in the late 19th and or early 20th century as some sort of repressed middle class woman, the last one as a young man who lived in Southern California who died in the mid to late 1970s in a car or motorcycle accident. I thought this explained a lot about my personality and interests in this life time, though now I am older I am skeptical of simply having a highly developed and self aware imagination, can't prove it either way, teens are said to be more open to the supernatural anyway

3) many unexplained intuitive incidents with close friends or romantic partners, just knowing or feeling things

4) an on and off obsession with true crime, one of my recent fixation being on the Keddie cabin 28 murders from 1981, something I read about so much that in my last night in my "rustic cabin" in Big Sur in June of 2013, I kept getting the creeps thinking about it, because I was alone

5) a general interest in haunted or historic buildings and land, though I get really annoyed with those stupid ghost hunter shows, as if ghosts would really want to communicate with some loud exploitative camera crew

What do you think this says, either about a person psychologically or even supernaturally? I have had an interest in these things since I was a preteen, upon reading Beebe it was one of the first indications to me that I wasn't an N but actually an ISFP with tertiary Ni showing around adolescence.

Hitoshi-San

MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
???
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I find crime and the "deep web" to be the most interesting topics that relate to the unknown. I also kind of like to wonder what will happen to the human race far into the future, like apocalyptic events (I never make predictions though lol) and how peoples' minds work, especially the ones that are a little off.

I'm not sure how any of this relates to type. I would think of it as something with intuition, but you said you're an ISFP right? And I'm an ESTP.....

Mole

Permabanned
What are some of your pet surreal or mysterious interests? Here are some of my main ones:

1) I have liked horror as a genre since I was about 9-10 years old, only followed by mystery, strongly preferred over sci Fi or romance

2) in my late teens and early twenties I believed I could vaguely place my two last lives, one in the late 19th and or early 20th century as some sort of repressed middle class woman, the last one as a young man who lived in Southern California who died in the mid to late 1970s in a car or motorcycle accident. I thought this explained a lot about my personality and interests in this life time, though now I am older I am skeptical of simply having a highly developed and self aware imagination, can't prove it either way, teens are said to be more open to the supernatural anyway

3) many unexplained intuitive incidents with close friends or romantic partners, just knowing or feeling things

4) an on and off obsession with true crime, one of my recent fixation being on the Keddie cabin 28 murders from 1981, something I read about so much that in my last night in my "rustic cabin" in Big Sur in June of 2013, I kept getting the creeps thinking about it, because I was alone

5) a general interest in haunted or historic buildings and land, though I get really annoyed with those stupid ghost hunter shows, as if ghosts would really want to communicate with some loud exploitative camera crew

What do you think this says, either about a person psychologically or even supernaturally? I have had an interest in these things since I was a preteen, upon reading Beebe it was one of the first indications to me that I wasn't an N but actually an ISFP with tertiary Ni showing around adolescence.

How extraordinary to discover the weird, dark, unusual, and unexplained about Marmotini. I can almost feel it myself. I can imagine you alone in a cabin in the forest in the depths of winter. It is raining and the wind is whinning around the door. You feel a shilver up your spine and start to feel the beginning of panic so you pick up your cell phone and ring Mole. "Oh Mole", you say, I am so glad to hear your voice. I feel I am reaching out of this weird cabin in winter to sunshine and surf in Oz and my dear Mole."

Lying on the beach, surrounded by my friends, with a beer in hand, I feel a shilver run down the left side of my body. "Are you OK", I say, as the window to your left is blown in and I hear you scream, then the phone goes dead.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I find crime and the "deep web" to be the most interesting topics that relate to the unknown. I also kind of like to wonder what will happen to the human race far into the future, like apocalyptic events (I never make predictions though lol) and how peoples' minds work, especially the ones that are a little off.

I'm not sure how any of this relates to type. I would think of it as something with intuition, but you said you're an ISFP right? And I'm an ESTP.....

Ni is less "practical" in SPs, just like how Si is less "practical" in NPs. According to Jung, you as an Ni inferior might believe in superstition, pagan rituals, lucky charms, and make wild speculation that is so unconscious that it's only about 50/50 chance of being true or in the ballpark. Ni inferior under stress may become paranoid and accusing, suddenly convinced they see the real truth under it all.

In ISXP it may manifest as an interest in the weird, unexplained, supernatural, or conspiracy theories. Since tertiary Ni is still in the unconscious, it may appear to be "psychic" rather than analytical or insightful in clear Ni dom fashion. The adolescent ISXP first starts showing traits of the tertiary. I think crime can be both Se and Ni, same with horror. Se is more like fact collection or the sensational nature of the event, Ni the interest in the mystery or unexplained or symbolic nature. With horror Se might be more visceral gore (slasher films) with Ni being more nuanced, subconscious, mystery, ghost stories, that kind of thing.

I think David Lynch is an ISFP director. He combines beautiful and shocking images with American culture and imbues it with a dream like quality, a tendency towards symbols and the unexplained being left unexplained.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
How extraordinary to discover the weird, dark, unusual, and unexplained about Marmotini. I can almost feel it myself. I can imagine you alone in a cabin in the forest in the depths of winter. It is raining and the wind is whinning around the door. You feel a shilver up your spine and start to feel the beginning of panic so you pick up your cell phone and ring Mole. "Oh Mole", you say, I am so glad to hear your voice. I feel I am reaching out of this weird cabin in winter to sunshine and surf in Oz and my dear Mole."

Lying on the beach, surrounded by my friends, with a beer in hand, I feel a shilver run down the left side of my body. "Are you OK", I say, as the window to your left is blown in and I hear you scream, then the phone goes dead.

:phantom:

Awesome intro Mole, I wonder what happened next. ;)

Hitoshi-San

MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
???
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Ni is less "practical" in SPs, just like how Si is less "practical" in NPs. According to Jung, you as an Ni inferior might believe in superstition, pagan rituals, lucky charms, and make wild speculation that is so unconscious that it's only about 50/50 chance of being true or in the ballpark. Ni inferior under stress may become paranoid and accusing, suddenly convinced they see the real truth under it all.

In ISXP it may manifest as an interest in the weird, unexplained, supernatural, or conspiracy theories. Since tertiary Ni is still in the unconscious, it may appear to be "psychic" rather than analytical or insightful in clear Ni dom fashion. The adolescent ISXP first starts showing traits of the tertiary. I think crime can be both Se and Ni, same with horror. Se is more like fact collection or the sensational nature of the event, Ni the interest in the mystery or unexplained or symbolic nature. With horror Se might be more visceral gore (slasher films) with Ni being more nuanced, subconscious, mystery, ghost stories, that kind of thing.

I think David Lynch is an ISFP director. He combines beautiful and shocking images with American culture and imbues it with a dream like quality, a tendency towards symbols and the unexplained being left unexplained.

I can definitely agree with the part about becoming paranoid. Sometimes I get worried that I'm being watched if I think about it too much. I never really had lucky charms or superstitions, nor did I ever believe in them. If, unless, you count the fact that when I was younger I thought wearing purple would make something good happen to me.

A lot of stuff people consider scary never bothered me. Especially like blood and gore. If I saw it in person, it would affect me more, but in fiction or when people are retelling stories, it's so easy for me to brush it off and be like,"but I wasn't there". I know that's an Se thing though.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I can definitely agree with the part about becoming paranoid. Sometimes I get worried that I'm being watched if I think about it too much. I never really had lucky charms or superstitions, nor did I ever believe in them. If, unless, you count the fact that when I was younger I thought wearing purple would make something good happen to me.

A lot of stuff people consider scary never bothered me. Especially like blood and gore. If I saw it in person, it would affect me more, but in fiction or when people are retelling stories, it's so easy for me to brush it off and be like,"but I wasn't there". I know that's an Se thing though.

Yeah I kind of know what you mean about the scary stuff, because I can find horror fun or exciting, but I can be reduced to tears over real violence or the sort of dramas that are based on really sad true stories. I like true stories but they affect me more either way.

A perfect example of this is the film Wonderland, the John Holmes story not the kiddie movie. It's spectacular and fun as a movie, but my ex got the edition with bonus crime scene footage and looking at the actual crime scene bothered me in a way that the movie didn't at all.

I think as an ESTP you would be even more resistent to that sort of thing, even in retelling like you said. I tend to stereotype STP at being better at being able to handle police work or emt work that's real...but didn't happen to them, so they can compartmentalize it, like, just be logical about what's there.