User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

I came here from an INTJ forum, which quickly got old, because being in a forum full of people exactly like me was, shockingly, not as fun as it sounded. I prefer conversing with a variety of personalities.

I also came here out of a desire to understand the different ways that people think and view the world.

I stayed because there are a lot of genuinely intelligent, funny, awesome people here.

I stumbled upon TypeC while researching D&D alignment -- if you think MBTI is oversimplified and/or flawed, it ain't got nothin' on D&D alignment -- and registered an account on impulse.

If I have a goal for being part of the forum, it's to gain a better understanding of MBTI; I'd like to be able to explain each of the four spectrums IRL conversation, and take a stab at typing my close friends and family.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Hm, waht do you think, huh ?
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Boredom, mostly.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

I came here originally because I took the test and I wanted to know more about my relationships. I stay because there are excellent topics, intelligent people and good conversation.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    isfj

I took a test in psych class some years ago. Typology is interesting but I don't think I want to get involved with all its little details. There's more action here than other typology related forums I've casually visited, so I like that.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by devaf View Post
    I briefly scanned some of the latest posts by Mole. Based on that, I did not see any personal belittling, but consistently offering contrary inputs. Though necessarily brief, they are articulated ok. I do not find anything wrong in his reply here also. I imagine it to be born from the skeptic toolkit structured for hard science. Its bound to run contrary on a typology forum and as long as its not personal I would certainly consider his views.
    Contrary input is fine, even welcome, but best when supported with evidence. Unsubstantiated claims, especially when repetitive, are far less constructive, but even that we tolerate up to a point.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFp Ni

Came here to lurk for more information. Found little information I didn't already know that is also useful. Decided to help type people. Left. Now I'm back because procrastination.

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Contrary input is fine, even welcome, but best when supported with evidence. Unsubstantiated claims, especially when repetitive, are far less constructive, but even that we tolerate up to a point.
    This is an odd accusation to make against me, when mbti itself is not supported by evidence. For 75 years there has not been one random double blind experiment done with mbti.

Mbti is evidence free, so enables us to fantasise freely about our types.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

A systematic puzzle that calls on introspective and interpersonal thought? Sold.

More seriously, my process of personality development throughout life has been very contradictory, and it's hard to describe in a way that ties it all together. Typology may be no physical phenomenon, but it offers a language for temporal psychological shifts that are difficult to reconcile with each other.
    4w3 6w5 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

Kiss Kiss [johari] Bang Bang [nohari]