User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Default Study supports the theory that men are idiots

Summary: "The theory that men are idiots and often do stupid things is backed up by new evidence. The findings are actually based on an analyses of sex differences in idiotic behavior. Worthy candidates of idiocy include a man stealing a ride home by hitching a shopping trolley to the back of a train, only to be dragged two miles to his death before the train was able to stop; and the terrorist who posted a letter bomb with insufficient postage stamps and who, on its return, unthinkingly opened his own letter."

Study supports the theory that men are idiots -- ScienceDaily

"Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read
    Likes Passacaglia liked this post

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    no
    Socionics
    SEE Se

I feel that you are discriminating my female gender with this post. I think that women are just as capable of idiotic deeds as men.
    Likes Thalassa, BadOctopus liked this post

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I was totally expecting this to be an onion article. What makes it hilarious is that men more often accuse women of being hysterical or illogical (usually in regards somehow to them wanting objectifying sex without emotional consequences, though surely not always) when in fact they ignore their own anger aggression and egotism is just as emotional and ridiculous. Crying is not the apex of emotion, though we aging emo kids like to celebrate it's validity.

Henceforth, a return to civilized matriarchal villages is in order. You guys have fun hitching rides on trains with trolleys.
    Likes Poki, Chanaynay, Bush Did 9/11 liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

This is not surprising if you consider that men have more statistical outliers than women when it comes to intelligence, i.e. there are both more idiots and more geniuses among them while women tend to cluster a little more around the stable middle. It all evens out in the end.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari
    Likes Ivy, Rasofy liked this post

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    This is not surprising if you consider that men have more statistical outliers than women when it comes to intelligence, i.e. there are both more idiots and more geniuses among them while women tend to cluster a little more around the stable middle. It all evens out in the end.
    My psychology professor in college taught us that being a genius is actually a sort of disability where all of your intelligence is so focused into one area that the genius often cannot function normally. So hmmmm.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    My psychology professor in college taught us that being a genius is actually a sort of disability where all of your intelligence is so focused into one area that the genius often cannot function normally. So hmmmm.
    That depends on how your raised. I am not disabled by my intelligence, nor is it focused in one area. Now if you have another disability along with genius then you probably cant function normally. I wouldnt say that being a "genius" causes that.

I agree that men are idiots along with women. They are just idiots in different ways.
    Im out, its been fun

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    Yes, natural selection finds men more expendable than women. So natural selection is more profligate with both ends of the male Bell Curve.

Google "chemtrails" Bush Did 9/11's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNtp
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    γ Ni

Cool and all, I guess, but how in God's name did this get published in BMJ?
    J. Scott Crothers
    aka "Bush Did 9/11"
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

"Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Saw this many days ago. Wondered how long it would take to get on the forum so I could mention this. This so-called study is completely worthless. It's based entirely on counting the ratio of men to women who won a Darwin Award. That has no scientific value at all.

All further speculation pertaining to this "study"* is on no firmer ground than any speculation based on any other random assertion anyone happens to feel like making.
    Go to sleep, iguana.