• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Freud vs. Jung

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
It's a moral choice. Do you choose Sigmund Freud the Jew who was driven out of his home and his extended family murdered by the Fuhrer and his SS Death Head Cult, or do you choose Carl Jung the Aryan who adored the Fuhrer as as a father figure and supported the SS Death Head Cult by following the orders of Reich Marshall Hermann Goering?

Or, do you choose based on the merit of their ideas?

And even then, not choose between them, but study and decide for yourself which part of each is true for yourself.

Mole

Permabanned

And even then, not choose between them, but study and decide for yourself which part of each is true for yourself.

Ideas have consequences. Some ideas have evil consequences, others have nurturing consequences.

By their fruits shall ye know them, Matthew 7:16.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I prefer Jung but still think Freud had something to offer, despite being an atheist and a coke head. I know people who are opposite, who like Freud, but some hate Jung because they are wary of him being anti semitic, which is a stupid reason to hate someone's ideas, racism occurs in most cultures and is as old as dirt, based mostly in protection of inner circle on some primitive level. Same with sexism, except to the bizarre heights Nietsche takes it to... i could forgive Nietsche his personal foibles if he didn't actually live them out so terribly, he hated women, probably mainly had relationships with prostitutes, and died of syphilis. Therefore it's honestly more difficult to respect anything he says about women than a married man, or even a Don Juan, he was just angry.

Passacaglia

I understand there are as many guns is civilian hands in the USA as civilians, even though the Right to Bear Arms is not, and never will be, included in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
That's entirely possible, but not what you initially claimed:

What a combination: the Furhrer-lover Carl Jung, Nazi memorabilia, and a gun in every house.
Guns in the U.S.A. are unevenly distributed. For example my mother's house has no gun; my father's apartment has one gun; my best friend who lives in NYC has no gun; while two married friends of mine have a dozen guns in their rural NY home. (The husband collects them.)

In short, we're not all one of those cowboy wanna-be gun nuts you see on tv.

Passacaglia

Yeah, this whole question is a false dilemma. The great thing about living in an era when psychology is a matter of higher education rather than apprenticeship is that we can pick and choose which ideas work and which don't, rather than having to take one man or the other's ideas wholesale.

I prefer Jung but still think Freud had something to offer, despite being an atheist and a coke head. I know people who are opposite, who like Freud, but some hate Jung because they are wary of him being anti semitic, which is a stupid reason to hate someone's ideas, racism occurs in most cultures and is as old as dirt, based mostly in protection of inner circle on some primitive level. Same with sexism, except to the bizarre heights Nietsche takes it to... i could forgive Nietsche his personal foibles if he didn't actually live them out so terribly, he hated women, probably mainly had relationships with prostitutes, and died of syphilis. Therefore it's honestly more difficult to respect anything he says about women than a married man, or even a Don Juan, he was just angry.
Yeah, even ignoring extreme nutcases, it's virtually impossible to find a historical leader or hero completely devoid of objectionable ideas. And the further back in history you go, the harder it is.

Believe in the ideal, not the idol. -- Serra

Mole

Permabanned
That's entirely possible, but not what you initially claimed:

Guns in the U.S.A. are unevenly distributed. For example my mother's house has no gun; my father's apartment has one gun; my best friend who lives in NYC has no gun; while two married friends of mine have a dozen guns in their rural NY home. (The husband collects them.)

In short, we're not all one of those cowboy wanna-be gun nuts you see on tv.

One Australian Senator wants to bring American gun laws to Australia, normally we would laught at him, except he turns our stomach and makes us sick.

GarrotTheThief

The Green Jolly Robin H.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
on topic please. This is freud vs. jung.

Let's not forget how racist freud was...he was extremely racist. I don't dare even quote some of his words lest I propagate such madness.

Compared to Freud, Jung was saintly.

In fact there is not much objective evidence of Jung being racist since he barely believed in race itself. He believed in culture, and a collective unconscious. Any racism in Jung was inherited from the established racism in the field which was initially mothered by Freud.

Mole

Permabanned
on topic please. This is freud vs. jung.

Let's not forget how racist freud was...he was extremely racist. I don't dare even quote some of his words lest I propagate such madness.

Compared to Freud, Jung was saintly.

In fact there is not much objective evidence of Jung being racist since he barely believed in race itself. He believed in culture, and a collective unconscious. Any racism in Jung was inherited from the established racism in the field which was initially mothered by Freud.

If Jung was saintly, then Bhagwan Shree Ragneesh was also saintly.