User Tag List

First 123

Thread: Freud vs. Jung

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    It's a moral choice. Do you choose Sigmund Freud the Jew who was driven out of his home and his extended family murdered by the Fuhrer and his SS Death Head Cult, or do you choose Carl Jung the Aryan who adored the Fuhrer as as a father figure and supported the SS Death Head Cult by following the orders of Reich Marshall Hermann Goering?
    Or, do you choose based on the merit of their ideas?

And even then, not choose between them, but study and decide for yourself which part of each is true for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post

And even then, not choose between them, but study and decide for yourself which part of each is true for yourself.
    Ideas have consequences. Some ideas have evil consequences, others have nurturing consequences.

By their fruits shall ye know them, Matthew 7:16.
    Likes Evee liked this post

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I prefer Jung but still think Freud had something to offer, despite being an atheist and a coke head. I know people who are opposite, who like Freud, but some hate Jung because they are wary of him being anti semitic, which is a stupid reason to hate someone's ideas, racism occurs in most cultures and is as old as dirt, based mostly in protection of inner circle on some primitive level. Same with sexism, except to the bizarre heights Nietsche takes it to... i could forgive Nietsche his personal foibles if he didn't actually live them out so terribly, he hated women, probably mainly had relationships with prostitutes, and died of syphilis. Therefore it's honestly more difficult to respect anything he says about women than a married man, or even a Don Juan, he was just angry.

I understand there are as many guns is civilian hands in the USA as civilians, even though the Right to Bear Arms is not, and never will be, included in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
    That's entirely possible, but not what you initially claimed:

What a combination: the Furhrer-lover Carl Jung, Nazi memorabilia, and a gun in every house.
    Guns in the U.S.A. are unevenly distributed. For example my mother's house has no gun; my father's apartment has one gun; my best friend who lives in NYC has no gun; while two married friends of mine have a dozen guns in their rural NY home. (The husband collects them.)

In short, we're not all one of those cowboy wanna-be gun nuts you see on tv.

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post

Yeah, this whole question is a false dilemma. The great thing about living in an era when psychology is a matter of higher education rather than apprenticeship is that we can pick and choose which ideas work and which don't, rather than having to take one man or the other's ideas wholesale.

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    I prefer Jung but still think Freud had something to offer, despite being an atheist and a coke head. I know people who are opposite, who like Freud, but some hate Jung because they are wary of him being anti semitic, which is a stupid reason to hate someone's ideas, racism occurs in most cultures and is as old as dirt, based mostly in protection of inner circle on some primitive level. Same with sexism, except to the bizarre heights Nietsche takes it to... i could forgive Nietsche his personal foibles if he didn't actually live them out so terribly, he hated women, probably mainly had relationships with prostitutes, and died of syphilis. Therefore it's honestly more difficult to respect anything he says about women than a married man, or even a Don Juan, he was just angry.
    Yeah, even ignoring extreme nutcases, it's virtually impossible to find a historical leader or hero completely devoid of objectionable ideas. And the further back in history you go, the harder it is.

Believe in the ideal, not the idol. -- Serra

Quote Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
    That's entirely possible, but not what you initially claimed:

Guns in the U.S.A. are unevenly distributed. For example my mother's house has no gun; my father's apartment has one gun; my best friend who lives in NYC has no gun; while two married friends of mine have a dozen guns in their rural NY home. (The husband collects them.)

In short, we're not all one of those cowboy wanna-be gun nuts you see on tv.
    One Australian Senator wants to bring American gun laws to Australia, normally we would laught at him, except he turns our stomach and makes us sick.

The Green Jolly Robin H.
    MBTI
    ENTJ

on topic please. This is freud vs. jung.

Let's not forget how racist freud was...he was extremely racist. I don't dare even quote some of his words lest I propagate such madness.

Compared to Freud, Jung was saintly.

In fact there is not much objective evidence of Jung being racist since he barely believed in race itself. He believed in culture, and a collective unconscious. Any racism in Jung was inherited from the established racism in the field which was initially mothered by Freud.
    "i shut the door and in the morning
    it was open
    -the end"

Olemn slammed his hammer and from the sparks on the metal of his anvil came the spheres of the heavens.

Sayrah blew life into the spheres and they moved. From her wheel she weaved the names of people in to mystery.

Quote Originally Posted by GarrotTheThief View Post
    on topic please. This is freud vs. jung.

Let's not forget how racist freud was...he was extremely racist. I don't dare even quote some of his words lest I propagate such madness.

Compared to Freud, Jung was saintly.

In fact there is not much objective evidence of Jung being racist since he barely believed in race itself. He believed in culture, and a collective unconscious. Any racism in Jung was inherited from the established racism in the field which was initially mothered by Freud.
    If Jung was saintly, then Bhagwan Shree Ragneesh was also saintly.