User Tag List

First 1234 Last

The Green Jolly Robin H.
    MBTI
    ENTJ

here are some quotations:

"The happiness of your life depends upon the quality of your thoughts: therefore, guard accordingly, and take care that you entertain no notions unsuitable to virtue and reasonable nature." ~ Marcus Aurelius

"Happiness is a journey, not a destination; happiness is to be found along the way not at the end of the road, for then the journey is over and it's too late. The time for happiness is today not tomorrow." ~ Quoted by Paul H Dunn

The Dali Lamma says something similar. Happiness is not the destination but the way and the path to the destination.

Like @Evee said in his beautiful summary/poem....

Happiness cannot be grabbed or wrestled in to submission. I believe one must meditate or subdue happiness gently or let happiness subdue oneself.

Try meditating ten minutes a day for a few months and I think you will be delightfully surprised. Research different meditation techniques and pick the one best for you.
    "i shut the door and in the morning
    it was open
    -the end"

Olemn slammed his hammer and from the sparks on the metal of his anvil came the spheres of the heavens.

Sayrah blew life into the spheres and they moved. From her wheel she weaved the names of people in to mystery.
    Likes Evee liked this post

MBTI
    -NTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

And if you program your brain so it gets happy when it senses light?
    Happiness can be brought with anything, it depends on your receivers.
    Faking smile is known to drive people -who cannot control their emotions- happy.
    Imagine this is the best thing you've ever read.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Qwan View Post
    Very interesting. So monks are free of desire?
    I'd say it is their goal although I am unsure if they attain it or not. But they are the ones who practise that state more than most.
    Likes The Wailing Specter liked this post

The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Chthonic View Post
    I'd say it is their goal although I am unsure if they attain it or not. But they are the ones who practise that state more than most.
    That sounds cool. I just found secular budhism online. I might look into it.
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan

deplorable basketcase Tellenbach's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

I thought of this thread when I read this article:

Most people misunderstand life

“TV is not for me. I must have something to live for, problems to solve. Most people misunderstand life. Money does not make you happy. Comfort does not make you happy. It is only by using energy you create more energy and it is that surplus of energy that makes you happy and healthy.”
    For this 75 year old boat builder, happiness means building a boat and sailing around the world non-stop.
    Senator Rand Paul is alive because of modern medicine and because his attacker punches like a girl.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Mademoiselle View Post
    And if you program your brain so it gets happy when it senses light?
    Happiness can be brought with anything, it depends on your receivers.
    Faking smile is known to drive people -who cannot control their emotions- happy.
    Happiness evolved to reinforce proper behaviours (my opinion). Things like exercise, human contact, achieving goals.

I smile though when I am feeling unhappy, and as long as I am not too unhappy, it helps me to feel happy. It really does change your mindset. And changes those around you.

MBTI
    -NTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    Happiness evolved to reinforce proper behaviours (my opinion). Things like exercise, human contact, achieving goals.

I smile though when I am feeling unhappy, and as long as I am not too unhappy, it helps me to feel happy. It really does change your mindset. And changes those around you.

And yes, this is the correct way to program your brain. And the default mode.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Qwan View Post
    Is it possible to be truly satisfied, free from the endless gnawing inside that tells you things are not as they should be? Is it possible to achieve true harmony with your sense of ethics and those in your innermost circle?
    Being satisfied is not the same as being happy. I'm happy but that doesn't mean there aren't things I'm dissatisfied with or want to be different. Those are always there, will always be there, no matter who you are and I'm good with that.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.
    Likes The Wailing Specter liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post

MBTI
    -NTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Anything can make you happy it depends on you.