User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Retired

all broad, sweeping statements are false.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    Trivialization is a psychological defence. So we ask what does it defend against? And who is it manipulating?

Feminists regularly complain of trivialization, and bullying is trivialized by saying, it's all just a joke, don't take it seriously.

So trivialization is a defence against the psyche and is an attack on those who are examining the psyche in good faith.

So trivialization is a psychological attack carried out in bad faith.
    You have the right to believe whatever you want, of course. But I wasn't trivializing anything. And I'm not sure who or what you think I'm attacking. I only said that the majority of us who are interested in MBTI do not believe it is infallible, because to assume such a thing would be ridiculous. I don't take it seriously, and I certainly don't think it's a cult. An amusing diversion.

I can't help but notice that you have a habit of reducing everything to bullying. You do know the difference between bullying and a differing opinion, I trust?
    Likes Hard, Floki liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ

I personally spend so much time absorbed in Jungian typology that I guess it could be called a religion.

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    I personally spend so much time absorbed in Jungian typology that I guess it could be called a religion.
    Remember, we become what we worship.

And as you say, you spend so much time absorbed in Jungian typology that you guess it could be called a religion. So an interesting question to ask would be what is it in Jungian typology are you inclined to worship? And if we can answer that question, we will start to know what you are becoming.

MBTI
    INFJ

Remember, we become what we worship.

And as you say, you spend so much time absorbed in Jungian typology that you guess it could be called a religion. So an interesting question to ask would be what is it in Jungian typology are you inclined to worship? And if we can answer that question, we will start to know what you are becoming.
    "And since time unknown, there was the world, and there were the beings of the world, who were like a world unto themselves.

And the beings were given the ability to see the world, and the world could be seen. And the beings were given the ability to choose of the world, and the world could be chosen within.

And through the sight of the world, it was shown what was, for each thing was what it was, but each thing was more than what it was, for each thing was effected by, and in turn effected, all other things, and this linking together was also seen. And when the thing was seen as it was, and when the thing was united with the nature of how effect comes to be, the thing was seen fully

And to choose, one had to know what was to be chosen, for some things ought to come to be, while others should not, and it had to be known what one thing was to be called and how it was made, so that it could be chosen correctly. And when these things were known, the proper choice could be made.

And each of these things were placed upon the world, and upon the beings of the world, who were a world unto themselves.

But the beings were not created uniformly, but were distorted, so that each saw clearly in only one of the four ways, what was or what were the effects, and only of the world, or of the world which was in the being. And each of them likewise could know only one of the four aspects to the choice to be made.

So it was commanded unto them: seek out beyond yourself, the opposite way of seeing and choosing, for only then can the proper sight be given, and the proper choice be made. For the hot shall be immersed in cold, and shall then know hot and cold, and be at the proper temperature.

And so the beings saw the world, but only in a limited way, and chose in the world, but only in a limited way. But forevermore they searched beyond their limits, so that they may see fully and choose fully.

And thus it was told."

MBTI
    INFJ

The MBTI is a model for how humans comprehend of reality. It -generalises- our understanding into a specific model. The basis for the model, is that, supposedly, it is how we naturally see things. This is reflected in the language we use for things. And by knowing how we see the world, we become aware of the biases we have, so by bringing the background into the foreground we become more aware. And by knowing our particular bias, we know of the opposite bias, and so can develop our opposite side to become more whole. It is a theory of opposites uniting.

It is worshipped for its seemingly simple structure given to the many complexities of life. It is worshipped for the goals it gives, for how to become whole.

And when we are told how to understand things, and then what to do about it, what more do we need?

Simplicity begets simplicity.

Also, it is worshipped for its esoteric, confusing nature. Profound truths are always on the tip of the tongue, but forever remain there. It is so apparent, but is never fully made explicit, it resides always in the subconscious of the mind, as a problem to be solved, and forever requiring solution.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Trivialization is a psychological defence. So we ask what does it defend against? And who is it manipulating?

Feminists regularly complain of trivialization, and bullying is trivialized by saying, it's all just a joke, don't take it seriously.

So trivialization is a defence against the psyche and is an attack on those who are examining the psyche in good faith.

So trivialization is a psychological attack carried out in bad faith.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    -NTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

True,
    Generally is like a blurry image, less accurate but gives you enough information.
    Surprisingly* I findMBTI theory very practical, interesting.
    ___
    *Of course everything has a reason, but it’d be boring to bring out the details of what caused this, just like the blurry image this is all we need.
    As for a profession I’d prefer to dive in more deeply that’s just where things need to be.
    Imagine this is the best thing you've ever read.

Quote Originally Posted by Mademoiselle View Post
    True,
    Generally is like a blurry image, less accurate but gives you enough information.
    Surprisingly* I findMBTI theory very practical, interesting.
    ___
    *Of course everything has a reason, but it’d be boring to bring out the details of what caused this, just like the blurry image this is all we need.
    As for a profession I’d prefer to dive in more deeply that’s just where things need to be.
    Generalisation is a precise hierarchy. So we generalise the particular, then we generalise the generalisation of the particular, and we generalise the generalisation of the generalisation of the particular, and so on.

At each level of generalisation we get different effects.

And generalisations fit inside each other like Russian dolls.

For instance, if we enter a trance we get specific effects such as our critical mind goes to sleep and our imaginative mind wakes up. But if we enter another trance within the first trance we get different effects. And at fourth level trance the effects are extraordinary, because at fourth level we can't tell the difference between imagination and reality, and whatever is suggested to us is perceived by us as real.

And interestingly at fourth level trance direct religious experience occurs. In most religious traditions this is called mysticism. Perhaps Sufi mysticism is familiar to you.

MBTI
    -NTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Generalisation is a precise hierarchy. So we generalise the particular, then we generalise the generalisation of the particular, and we generalise the generalisation of the generalisation of the particular, and so on.

At each level of generalisation we get different effects.

And generalisations fit inside each other like Russian dolls.

For instance, if we enter a trance we get specific effects such as our critical mind goes to sleep and our imaginative mind wakes up. But if we enter another trance within the first trance we get different effects. And at fourth level trance the effects are extraordinary, because at fourth level we can't tell the difference between imagination and reality, and whatever is suggested to us is perceived by us as real.

And interestingly at fourth level trance direct religious experience occurs. In most religious traditions this is called mysticism. Perhaps Sufi mysticism is familiar to you.

Yes, familiar but unexperienced.
    It’s all case by case, and totally depends on how you need to use the subject to select the perfect generalisation level based on you.
    Imagine this is the best thing you've ever read.