User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    So mbti is a way of shutting down our minds and our sense of the ridiculous, in order to hypnotise us into the cult of mbti.
    Now that is one great, big, thumping generalization if I ever read one.

I realize I'm going out on a limb by saying this, but I'm pretty sure that nobody on this forum genuinely believes that MBTI, or any other typology, is 100% accurate, or that the descriptions of each type fit each individual to a T. Obviously people aren't going to think, feel, or behave exactly as the Type Indicator predicts. Two people might both be tested as ENFPs, and have completely different views, tastes, opinions, etc. MBTI doesn't define who we are; it just gives us a better idea of how to understand those who think different than we do.

I could be wrong, but it seems like you're taking MBTI more seriously than the people who are actually interested in it.
    Likes Hard, Redbone liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by danseen View Post
    OK....So everybody doesn't look differently, and have a different personality....
    If everyone is different, then no one is different.

MBTI
    INTP

two apples, one green and one red, aren't different....

OK.
    Good result (vs. Soton)...still have to go #Arsene

Tengo los conocimientos estardiar....no hay un motivo para estar al tanto de la reunión que sucedió hace mucho tiempo ....

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

two apples, one green and one red, aren't different....

OK.
    Color is an illusion. All cats are grey in the dark. Or... something.
    Likes hacbad macbar liked this post

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram

Generalization is the extraction of common essences of many specific cases. So there is no good or bad generalization. Only generalization. If not a generalization, it is a simplification, and simplification is a logical fallacy. And, simplification create ideology. If you look from the capitalist perspective, ie. with capitalist-shaped glasses MBTI is an ideological manner of classifying people into 16 different 'working' classes and put them on a lager.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by BadOctopus View Post
    Color is an illusion. All cats are grey in the dark. Or... something.
    Everybody is human, yet we all have variations of humanity...we all are bipedal, can abstract, etc. but are such in unique and boundless ways.....If you and he dispute that people are not different, well that's your view, but the basic fact you don't look the same as all other people is proof of this....Don't be facetious or unnecessarily obtuse/pedantic.

I think anybody who sees MBTI as absolute is...well silly. As every human is different, then it lends to all ESFPs not being wild party animals, or all INTJs being like Sheldon Cooper....Some ESFPs may have partying, some INTJs may like it...all things in life are subjective, and especially humans.
    Good result (vs. Soton)...still have to go #Arsene

Tengo los conocimientos estardiar....no hay un motivo para estar al tanto de la reunión que sucedió hace mucho tiempo ....

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Everybody is human, yet we all have variations of humanity...we all are bipedal, can abstract, etc. but are such in unique and boundless ways.....If you and he dispute that people are not different, well that's your view, but the basic fact you don't look the same as all other people is proof of this....Don't be facetious or unnecessarily obtuse/pedantic.
    Actually, I agree that we are all different, and impossible to pigeonhole into 16 convenient types. My interest in MBTI is mostly for fun. It's not infallible, but it's still interesting.

I was just joking about the "All cats are grey" thing. I guess that was hard to tell from my post. Why is there no sarcasm font!?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram

Actually, I agree that we are all different, and impossible to pigeonhole into 16 convenient types. My interest in MBTI is mostly for fun. It's not infallible, but it's still interesting.

I was just joking about the "All cats are grey" thing. I guess that was hard to tell from my post. Why is there no sarcasm font!?
    There's no reason for 'sarcasm font'. :p Your observation is quite excellent. I was not being sarcastic when I gave you like.

The difference is between the literate individual and the tribe.

Go to Papua New Guinea and spend some time in a tribe there and you will find the whole tribe shares the same emotion at the same time.

On the other hand read a book alone and you will find you have your private emotions not shared by those around you.

So being on Typology Central is more like being in a tribe (an etribe in this case) than reading a book alone. Like a traditional tribe we share our emotions across the globe in real time.

This is what we mean by the death of the individual and indeed the death of the God of the Book.

you're taking MBTI more seriously than the people who are actually interested in it.
    Trivialization is a psychological defence. So we ask what does it defend against? And who is it manipulating?

Feminists regularly complain of trivialization, and bullying is trivialized by saying, it's all just a joke, don't take it seriously.

So trivialization is a defence against the psyche and is an attack on those who are examining the psyche in good faith.

So trivialization is a psychological attack carried out in bad faith.