User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by IF3157 View Post
    I do keep a journal, and it suffers from the same neglect. In one night, I will write pages upon pages and then . . . nothing. For a long time. I cannot make myself do it.
    I'm the same way. Sometimes there will be a gaps of several months to a year in my handwritten journal. But I'm usually writing something somewhere (emails to family/friends, on my blog here, or my personal blog). Whatever I'm dealing with at the time will come out there and I can go back and review it if I need to.

How do you sustain the momentum of the reboot?
    Like I said, sometimes things just have to run their course. But meditating on things in a place where I'm not distracted helps me sort myself out. Sometimes staring at the ugliness of my apathy will give me the kick in the ass I need to start caring again.

Ooh la la that is depressing.
    "And I think to myself.... what a wonderful world."

MBTI
    intp

Quote Originally Posted by Rachelinpa View Post
    From Office Space:

Peter Gibbons: The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care.

Unhelpful, but funny!.
    OMG. I loved that line when I saw the Office. I thought it summed up 90% of my life.
    Except I am kinda lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rachelinpa View Post
    From Office Space:
    Actually, in this fabulous movie, he just starts doing what he wants to do and makes him come alive. It's not that he doesn't care about anything, it's that he does not care about what he is expected by society to do.

Take note.
    I tried doing what I liked, but the exigencies of survival demand my attention. and wear me out. Then i don't care about the work I *have* to do or the things that once got me excited.
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

MBTI
    intp

Quote Originally Posted by Wyst View Post
    Like I said, sometimes things just have to run their course. But meditating on things in a place where I'm not distracted helps me sort myself out. Sometimes staring at the ugliness of my apathy will give me the kick in the ass I need to start caring again.
    My GP recommended meditation to me for other matters. She is not a psych and the suggestion was kinda out of the blue. I find it hard to avoid distractions, be completely quiet or relax. My head's always darting around stupid corners and alleys.
    What kind of meditation do you do?

Quote Originally Posted by Wyst View Post
    "And I think to myself.... what a wonderful an overwhelming world."
    Fixed.
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I find it hard to avoid distractions, be completely quiet or relax. My head's always darting around stupid corners and alleys.
    I find it hard to avoid distractions too. They happen. No way around it. I go off to a place where I can minimize the external distractions. Those are the distractions (people watching, cellphone, email and internet) that will get me off meditating.

The distractions that happen inside my mind? I don't try to constrain them. When I realize I've been on a 5-minute rabbit trail I just move it back to what I was originally thinking about.

Treating meditation/reflection with an attitude like, "Gotta think about X, gotta think about X and nothing else, gotta think about X and nothing else..." is very counterproductive for me. I try to be tolerant with myself in that regard.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

I get pissed off after a while and go for a walk. Suddenly I see something beautiful or pretty that makes me care again, sometimes it's girls...
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    intp

Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    I get pissed off after a while and go for a walk. Suddenly I see something beautiful or pretty that makes me care again, sometimes it's girls...
    other times: catnip.
    A long walk somewhere quiet helps, particularly if it is somewhere unfamiliar. I find travel reinvigorating for a similar reason, but it is not practical for me to always be on the road.
    hoarding time and space

MBTI
    INxJ

Regular exercise will help stabilize your mood on a chemical level.

MBTI
    INTP

Give me your poor, your brilliant, your witty suggestions, yearning to help . . . me.
    Christ.
    Ok. Let's hear them people. When you are in a prolonged state of "just don't care", what do you do to stimulate enthusiasm for the things you at some point thought mattered?
    This is called depression. You need to get out of the state first, then you need to absolutely refuse to allow yourself to get depressed. Go to your doc and get some antidepressants.

Then get this book:

Amazon.com: Feeling Good: The New Mood Therapy Revised and Updated: David D. Burns: Books

My GP recommended meditation to me for other matters. She is not a psych and the suggestion was kinda out of the blue. I find it hard to avoid distractions, be completely quiet or relax. My head's always darting around stupid corners and alleys.
    Amazon.com: 8 Minute Meditation: Quiet Your Mind. Change Your Life.: Victor Davich: Books

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

other times: catnip.
    A long walk somewhere quiet helps, particularly if it is somewhere unfamiliar. I find travel reinvigorating for a similar reason, but it is not practical for me to always be on the road.
    Ahh, catnip... wherefor must I wait till love uses it again....

Yeah, I can't drive yet, but I do try to find those nice places. That reminds me, I need to get my pictures off my phone and show everyone what I found while I was in Toronto...

Quote Originally Posted by 01011010 View Post
    Regular exercise will help stabilize your mood on a chemical level.
    Endorphins, dopamine, good stuff that the appropreate amount of activity produces. I like adding a little oxitocin to the mix, but I haven't had that opportunity in a while... *sigh*
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

When I ask this question, all I'm told is to see the shrink.