• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

People don't understand my sense of humor because they are stupid

Opal

MBTI Type
ENTP
What do you see as the purpose of your humor?

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
What do you see as the purpose of your humor?

The purpose of humor is to entertain oneself, if other's are also entertained than great. but i've learned if you try to impress others before you impress yourself no one will be impressed.

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I always say it's impossible to hold onto a bad mood when you're listening to Bob Marley.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Why do you use House as reaction images so much? :thinking:

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Why do you use House as reaction images so much? :thinking:
Probably because every conceivable facial expression has crossed Hugh Laurie's features at some point in time. (Though more in 'Jeeves & Wooster' than in 'House'.)
article-2463851-001E897B00000258-322_634x495.jpg

Seriously, what IS this face.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
No, it's because humor is a type thing, like art, food, sexual attraction, you can't make something funny to someone who doesn't have the wiring for that. I actually remember being about twenty years old and this guy getting mad that I didn't appreciate his corny sense of humor, but you may have a dark sense of humor, but whatever your type of humor people aren't necessarily stupid if they don't get it.

I understand though getting frustrated and thinking people are stupid for not understanding what you do. It's a struggle for me, it's kind of the whole point behind type theory and multiple intelligence theory.

hacbad macbar

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Hahah, this topic is so funny. :laugh: People, you are funny because you are so goddamn serious. why co cjulious

dow9wk.jpg

This one is for [MENTION=22109]Evee[/MENTION]

I bet sex would be great

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
You haven't seen a good episode of Ow my Balls. That show is hilaaaarious

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
Just a few thoughts....One thing that I've noticed, that has actually been a little difficult at times, is that online so much of the nuance is lost. And for some of us who are maybe writing in a second language, there is a lot of room of misinterpretation and misunderstanding. Even cultural background comes into play in subtle and sometimes, not so subtle ways. There have been several times that I've been joking around and later had to go to someone and tell them that I wasn't serious because they thought I was. They couldn't hear my tone of voice or see my facial expressions. Communication experts agree that a HUGE portion of effective communication is conveyed through body language and expression. We don't have that online and sometimes that makes it difficult to "get" the other person's humor. Also, we each have our own affinity towards what we view as funny. For example, I love irony, satires and plays on words.

Mole

Permabanned
People don't understand my sense of humor. So, should I invent humor for stupid, or is it a paradox in itself because thers no humor for stupid.

Usually it is better to show than tell. So showing us someone not understanding your sense of humour, I think, would be rather funny.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
People don't understand my sense of humor. So, should I invent delete one space humor for stupid, or is it a paradox in itself because there is no humor for stupid. delete period, this is a question and requires a question mark

:wubbie: ironic grammar naziing for the sake of being obnoxious is ALWAYS fun!

and what else is funny? laughing at stupid people :holy: