• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Positive or Negative?

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Do you see what is wrong or what is right?

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I do have a tendency to perceive things in terms of wrongness or lack of wrongness. It is a negative way to view the world, for sure, and fails to assign people or things the worth they deserve sometimes.

What prompted this question?

Chthonic

Why must there be a duality here? Plenty of people are capable of seeing what is working and what isn't within the same context. One does not need to be an extremist either way.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
It depends on what it is. Sometimes I am extremely optimistic and other times I correct people. Like I saw am idiot article today about a "camping list" and seriously the upper middle class housewife might as well had her kids pitch tents in the backyard, seeing as that she was afraid to camp without conditioner, a nail file and a laptop. I definitely had something to say about that because her list was obnoxious and had power to influence others, namely robbing children of an actual camping experience and putting stress on the environment by dragging iPods and laptops camping. I honestly thought she was one of the biggest morons I have ever encountered, but didn't say so, but felt compelled especially to mention the absurdity of taking a laptop camping. Not to mention this person's disgusting energy dependence, oh yeah let me take my television CAMPING. Yeah I can get pretty nasty about stuff like that.

EDIT: Just to clarify I wasn't hating on someone's personal list in a blog, but an actual hairbrained misguided article that was intended to give advice to others, and it was just supremely bad advice that defied common sense as well as my personal moral code, I mean seriously the woman was a complete capitalist tool.

Last edited:

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I tend to lean to whichever side feels less balanced to me.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
I'm more adept at seeing what is wrong. It's easier to spot a huge cockroach running around than a well kept room.

Mole

Permabanned
I am a natural idealist who was bitten by reality, so I turn over every beautiful idea to see what is underneath.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Wrong. I don't usually need to point out things that are right.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
potential. i try to take a hard look at what *is* then i think about why it might be less than it can be. then i focus on what's behind those things, driving them. then it's basically over from there. nothing is pure, and there's always pollution. but i do try to focus on how to break down those barriers by addressing their core fears or hangups or whatever they may be.

(i hope this makes sense)

edit: i think i try to find the 'comment element' in all things as well. how it's connected to everyone and everything else.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Whichever side is missing. If I'm surrounded by people bashing something, I'll more easily see something of worth in the object. If something is widely loved, my attraction cools or becomes more analytical and questioning - if I can figure out why people like something, and it makes sense, I may yet give it a try. The first mechanism, sniffing out a value in and use for things that are supposed to be inferior, is stronger, more automatic and compelling.

In theory, if others are seeing one side, and I pick up the other side, maybe we can put the sides together for a more emotionally balanced and realistic image. But it also comes from a core wound - I'm defending against the notion that a thing can exist that has no place in the universe. I'll make a place if I have to - for an object and, down deep, for myself.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I mostly see what is wrong. What is right doesn't need to be fixed.

Mademoiselle

noʎ ɟo ǝʇnɔ ʍoH
MBTI Type
-NTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I do, if I don’t I seek for it until I find it.
It’s an important point in every thinking process I do.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
potential. i try to take a hard look at what *is* then i think about why it might be less than it can be.

Your wording resonates with me. I feel like I tend to see what is good now and how obstacles can be removed so it can become better. I think that often makes me seem pessimistic, because I am focused on changing things, but to me it seems optimistic to want to act on a potential.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
most things are subjective, when it comes to positive or negative. the fact i spent thanksgiving alone most would view that as negative, but you know what, it was good overall. I hung out with the dog ate chicken and mashed potatoes finished helix watched a fucking awesome show i had never heard of (darknet) and played final fantasy 7 and talked to my mom for an hour on the phone. got a text from a friend (who celebrated a week ago with her family and boyfriend, but worked a double yesterday) but everything is about perspective. and it's easy to get stuck in the everything sucks perspective. positive or negative is more emotional words.

Hitoshi-San

MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
???
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm more of an optimist. I don't doubt every single thing, I'm generally not brought down or discouraged by anything, but I can be skeptical, to be point of extreme negativity.