User Tag List

12 Last

Thread: Anima issues

The Green Jolly Robin H.
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Default Anima issues

I seem to be attracted to the others that like to test if you love them - they seem to be enneagram 6 types with 8 wing if that's possible. It seems the type of other that is best for me is always boring and the one that is no good for me is fun and exciting for me to try and pursue.

I do respect the smart, intelligent, kind and compassionate other more but when it comes to wish for fulfillment I am always chasing the ones who are not reaching their potential so I can help them.

Is this because I am kind of like the ones that I am chasing? I am kind of you know, crude...

Oh well I Guess love will find me if it's meant to be...
    "i shut the door and in the morning
    it was open
    -the end"

Olemn slammed his hammer and from the sparks on the metal of his anvil came the spheres of the heavens.

Sayrah blew life into the spheres and they moved. From her wheel she weaved the names of people in to mystery.

Yeah seems like some people definitely have some sort of savior complex.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.
    Likes GarrotTheThief liked this post

The Green Jolly Robin H.
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    Yeah seems like some people definitely have some sort of savior complex.
    good point...the funny thing is an astrologer told me that too. i don't necessarily believe in astrology though
    it was open
    -the end"

Olemn slammed his hammer and from the sparks on the metal of his anvil came the spheres of the heavens.

Sayrah blew life into the spheres and they moved. From her wheel she weaved the names of people in to mystery.

so now what?
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.
    Likes GarrotTheThief liked this post

The Green Jolly Robin H.
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    so now what?
    I guess we could say something funny to lighten the mood...or just sit here and watch the locals with their exotic garb and strange rituals.
    it was open
    -the end"

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by GarrotTheThief View Post

I do respect the smart, intelligent, kind and compassionate other more but when it comes to wish for fulfillment I am always chasing the ones who are not reaching their potential so I can help them.
    So what will you do once you fix them? I can't say I can even begin to understand this mindset but I would think it would become very boring once they are "cured".
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    So what will you do once you fix them? I can't say I can even begin to understand this mindset but I would think it would become very boring once they are "cured".
    The conceit of thinking you can fix someone is completely illusory anyway ... and I think the OP knows this, on some level. The good thing about this is that you never run out of things to fix so it never gets boring.

Sorry for talking about you like you're not in the room, OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana View Post
    The conceit of thinking you can fix someone is completely illusory anyway.
    And leads to enormous resentment from the one you are 'fixing'. I can't imagine a worse dynamic in a relationship than one partner communicating to the other that they are in need of repairs. What kind of relationship is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Chthonic View Post
    And leads to enormous resentment from the one you are 'fixing'. I can't imagine a worse dynamic in a relationship than one partner communicating to the other that they are in need of repairs. What kind of relationship is that?
    I see it happening a lot. There are some people who genuinely believe they are flawed and that true love will fix them. They welcome partners who are willing to try because it feels like they care ... until they predictably realize that they HATE the actual experience of someone else trying to fix them.

Still doesn't keep it from happening though.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Chthonic View Post
    It sounds nauseating to me as well but I don't think they all resent it. They could see the 'fixer" as knowing more or being smarter than them and welcome it. Plus it can absolve them of any responsibility for fixing themselves. I don't know that they always end up hating it either.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.
    Likes senza tema liked this post