User Tag List

First 2345 Last

the Dark Prophet of Kualu
    MBTI
    RAD

Quote Originally Posted by baccheion View Post
    More importantly, everyone knows when they are going too far. They either accept it and stop (and change things around so they don't end up in that situation again), or they sink into denial trying to rationalize their actions as though there's nothing wrong with what they are doing. Either way, if you don't know if you've gone too far, then assume you have.

Watch out, some insecure people out there would take that as actual advice and not move a muscle in the future. (Could have been me, in a not so distant past)

Also, non-bolded: Everyone. This statement must be based on your own experiences. Not everyone are able to tell. Simple as that.

I believe it is best to ask, if one wonders. While you don't want to be poured hot red wax on your body while you are naked, does not imply there might not be another who does.
    Last edited by Serendipity; 10-22-2014 at 06:15 AM. Reason: Better wordings
    Open for interpretation.
    Jo
    Fell for the temptation: Nohari / Johari

failed poetry slam career chubber's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    I think the line is a mixture between individual and societal and it all stems from the potential for something bad to happen. Stalking is harmless unless there's a negative motivation for it--even if that motivation is "I like this person--but I'm unaware that they don't like me."

Society has their own wavering standards. For example, when FB first came out (before I got on it) people were saying how creepy it was for someone else to check out their page and mention that they had. Now, it's pretty normal for that to happen, and almost expected considering potential fraudulent dating site people and such. So, there's societal standards... which are vague in and of themselves.

And then there's individuals. For example, I'd find it a bit creepy for someone to follow me physically around anywhere without coming up and talking to me. But another girl might find it sort of intriguing and mysterious if it's done the right way.. like a simple, plain flirting. I don't find it creepy at all that I absorb information online of others--following their posts, reading their interests, etc. etc. But someone else might find it super creepy and weird that I'm taking the time to 'research' all of that.

So, basically, if the person feels threatened, that's pretty much where the line is. Outside of that, who the stalkee is and how attractive the stalker(s) is/are make all the difference.
    QFT

MBTI
    RAD

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    ok fine, then Hale should have either ignored her or reported the girl to the authorities or whatever, but her going to the house does not look good

so you're pretty much saying it's ok for me to dous people in spoiled milk if they don't like what i'm wearing?
    I'm with FMUU, I don't see the negative in going to someone's house who has openly caused distress and disharmony.

When did we start leaving everything to the "authorities" ?

"The harassment happened online" and this be the sole reason not to call on it?

Looks like both parties came out of the ordeal a little richer.
    Open for interpretation.
    Jo

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Serendipity View Post
    I'm with FMUU, I don't see the negative in going to someone's house who has openly caused distress and disharmony.

When did we start leaving everything to the "authorities" ?

"The harassment happened online" and this be the sole reason not to call on it?

Looks like both parties came out of the ordeal a little richer.
    you really don't see the negative? A bunch of people are pissed at hale for doing so, aren't you one of those people who gets upset and hides behind a proxy? I mean that says "hey I don't want someone coming to my house" I'm saying that perhaps Blythe would have destroyed her career, even if she hadn't shown up. but her shown up and writing the article defiently destroyed her career.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    RAD

you really don't see the negative? A bunch of people are pissed at hale for doing so, aren't you one of those people who gets upset and hides behind a proxy? I mean that says "hey I don't want someone coming to my house" I'm saying that perhaps Blythe would have destroyed her career, even if she hadn't shown up. but her shown up and writing the article defiently destroyed her career.
    Who gets upset and hide behind a proxy? Where are you coming from here?

That says some thing but most of my actions also don't poke at a burning fire with my bare hands. Yeah, I don't see the problem.

To me, it sounds as if you are saying that it is okay to shoot someone and then hide behind the law and mention that you are a cop. Or cause mental trauma from psychic abuse and get away with it, because they hide at their neighbours house. This is of course not what you are saying, or so I hope, and you will have to share your mind a little more because I do not see your viewpoint from where I am standing.

A bunch of people are pissed. Yeah, that happens a lot in this life. Suddenly, a bunch of people are pissed at someone who picked themselves through an ordeal and wrote an article about it because they thought this behavior was wrong. Basically condemning this behavior. We do it all the time. Apparently, especially reviewers seem to be explicitly above criticism (according to this article).
    Open for interpretation.
    Jo

The Green Jolly Robin H.
    MBTI
    ENTJ

I think when someone follows you from thread to thread, especially on different forums it would constitute a form of stalking. I think it has to do with specific targeting. For example, being on the same forum or device or site is not stalking but actually going to a thread and targeting an individual and trying to debase them using personal matters is a form of stalking that could probably be upheld in court.
    "i shut the door and in the morning
    it was open
    -the end"

Olemn slammed his hammer and from the sparks on the metal of his anvil came the spheres of the heavens.

Sayrah blew life into the spheres and they moved. From her wheel she weaved the names of people in to mystery.
    Likes prplchknz liked this post

MBTI
    yupp

Who gets upset and hide behind a proxy? Where are you coming from here?

That says some thing but most of my actions also don't poke at a burning fire with my bare hands. Yeah, I don't see the problem.

To me, it sounds as if you are saying that it is okay to shoot someone and then hide behind the law and mention that you are a cop. Or cause mental trauma from psychic abuse and get away with it, because they hide at their neighbours house. This is of course not what you are saying, or so I hope, and you will have to share your mind a little more because I do not see your viewpoint from where I am standing.

A bunch of people are pissed. Yeah, that happens a lot in this life. Suddenly, a bunch of people are pissed at someone who picked themselves through an ordeal and wrote an article about it because they thought this behavior was wrong. Basically condemning this behavior. We do it all the time. Apparently, especially reviewers seem to be explicitly above criticism (according to this article).
    not what I'm saying at all. but there is a difference between shooting someone and harrassing them online. and the fact is we don't have the critics side of the story only the author's. I don't think the critic should have done what she done. But writing stuff online, instead of getting involved the author could've proved the critic wrong through other actions. or hell met the critic somewhere and had a dialogue if the critic was willing. no where did I see her extend that offer to the critic.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by GarrotTheThief View Post
    I think when someone follows you from thread to thread, especially on different forums it would constitute a form of stalking. I think it has to do with specific targeting. For example, being on the same forum or device or site is not stalking but actually going to a thread and targeting an individual and trying to debase them using personal matters is a form of stalking that could probably be upheld in court.
    do you ever worry that if you show up 5 times in the same thread as a different user you begin to worry they'll think you're stalking them. so you start holding back?
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    RAD

not what I'm saying at all. but there is a difference between shooting someone and harrassing them online. and the fact is we don't have the critics side of the story only the author's. I don't think the critic should have done what she done. But writing stuff online, instead of getting involved the author could've proved the critic wrong through other actions. or hell met the critic somewhere and had a dialogue if the critic was willing. no where did I see her extend that offer to the critic.
    I gotta re-read it because I felt she did but if she didn't, you are 85% correct and I agree with you.
    Open for interpretation.
    Jo

MBTI
    yupp

I gotta re-read it because I felt she did but if she didn't, you are 85% correct and I agree with you.
    tbh I didn't want to focus on the article, I just linked it to give the thread a sort of baseline. but I too should re-read it.

I started re-reading the article got distracted by a link to an anti-bully site saw blythe went to her profile, which is set to private. and I noticed that her average rating is 3.75 and so I'm not sure any more. How much of it is she didn't like the book and how much of it was an actual attack on the author?

and you're right she did. I hate the media. I will never be famous for this reason. that and I'm not talented
    In no likes experiment.

that is all