• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

So, what If you are genius?

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Gay women are more likely to have mother issues...Which is what drives them to seek that intense bond with another female. They didn't get it from their mother.

I have seen several that were gay because of father issues, to try to provide for a women what men are incapable of. Hence "men" issues.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hmm. Okay. I'm sure it runs the gamut. That sounds rational, but rarely do our psyches work in a rational way.

Usually girls with father issues are promiscuous, driven to seek out men to fill that void. I also have a friend who is only attracted to men her father's age. I think this is another subconscious drive to fill her father needs, as her dad was a workaholic.

Bisexual people might be missing both.

Of course, sexuality is a superficial expression of our deeper selves. Anyone can sex with anything at anytime. Putting a lot of meaning on it seems wasteful to me.

PocketFullOf

literally your mother
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
pot
I didnt assume, some have no "men" issues. How much is a scale that starts at none and ranges up. I know several gay women with men issues and several without. Most without usually end up being Bi.

I know several men with men issues, what is your point?

PocketFullOf

literally your mother
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
pot
I have seen several that were gay because of father issues, to try to provide for a women what men are incapable of. Hence "men" issues.
Do you have any examples of this? I don't see how it proves they have men issues, or how having an issue with one's father means they have issues with all men.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
This is boring.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
I'd like to see a Manhattan Project type of collaboration between geniuses. Gather the geniuses (20 to 40 for each project); give them unlimited resources and a mission. What would I like to see developed? A high temperature superconductor, new antibiotics that kill the flesh eating bacteria, cures for various diseases, robotic soldiers, etc.

And a good sugar substitute that I can use in cakes and desserts and won't cause glucose spikes.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Lol @ this thread turning into psychoanalysing gays

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Lol @ this thread turning into psychoanalysing gays

Seroiusly, and I have nothing against them. I have gay cousins, gay friends, bi friends. Etc. Some people have a stick up there ass or something and it has nothing to do with being gay.

To others...Find some new people to hang around or different articles to read if you are that sensitive because you sound like you are surrounded by people who have issues with gays.

grey_beard

The Typing Tabby
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You know. They say it's how you conducting yourself. Working hard will get you nowhere, workin smart will get you nowhere too; it's not about what you don, or how much time you spend to do something; it's about how you do something that make the difference; when you invest in your authentic self, and your life-mission thats the grain of success. It's all about conducting yourself in genuine way; be true to yourself. That's the second thing to success. Your subconscious mind will take care about anything else. You are a creator of your own reality. It's about quantum superpositions. There are multiple realities in the same time. Stephen Hawking was right. His cosmology is accurate. Theory of multiple universes; or Multiverse by Michio Kaku: But it's not so much about physical world; it's much more about spiritual reality.

Be blessed. ;)

Just be aware that Hugh Everett who invented many-worlds interpretation of quantum mechanics, committed suicide.
One point you left out of success is getting along with others, and getting buy-in or help from them, rather than opposition.

hacbad macbar

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Just be aware that Hugh Everett who invented many-worlds interpretation of quantum mechanics, committed suicide.
One point you left out of success is getting along with others, and getting buy-in or help from them, rather than opposition.

Yes, you are right. I have my personal demons too, but I'm trying to conquer them. ;) Oppositional syndrome is a result of existing social anxiety and agoraphobia. I take my daily dosage of Paroxetine, so don't worry. And, I'm going to psychotherapy. I must take benzodiazepines sometimes when I'm going to see my shrink, but anxiety gradually decrease when I see her finally. I must rewierd* my brain; it's all about wrong patterns; neural circuits and paths; so if you know somethin about brain plasticity you get the point. But, problem is - when you rewire your brain, and change all your negative patterns, what about existing and pervasive existential anxiety which plagues you without a single warning?

*Rewired; that one was purposeful

hacbad macbar

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
I is genus to.

Hahahahahaahha :rotfl:

images

grey_beard

The Typing Tabby
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes, you are right. I have my personal demons too, but I'm trying to conquer them. ;) Oppositional syndrome is a result of existing social anxiety and agoraphobia. I take my daily dosage of Paroxetine, so don't worry. And, I'm going to psychotherapy. I must take benzodiazepines sometimes when I'm going to see my shrink, but anxiety gradually decrease when I see her finally. I must rewierd* my brain; it's all about wrong patterns; neural circuits and paths; so if you know somethin about brain plasticity you get the point. But, problem is - when you rewire your brain, and change all your negative patterns, what about existing and pervasive existential anxiety which plagues you without a single warning?

*Rewired; that one was purposeful

Re: the bolded -- selective dyslexia is *so* much fun, isn't it?

Just curious -- have you always been a loner so to speak? Your high IQ makes me wonder whether some of your social phobias are due to (speaking of plasticity) your "neural netowrk" was *programmed* in youth to see people as dismissive / hostile / "they're all idiots" due to not fitting in during your formative years?

Just INTJ - *PING*ing on this one... no definite assertions and no offense intended.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
[MENTION=21521]hacbad macbar[/MENTION] If you could do or be anything in this world, if money was neither an object nor an obstacle, what would you do? What would be your great passion(s)? (Hmmm....that might be an idea for a thread.)

Chthonic

What do you mean by transcend the age? Do you mean - writing behind your chronological age?

I mean, can we ever move through time without our bodies deteriorating? Or is that a useless endeavour? If everything is energy, why must the illusion of the physical form (energy at low frequency) then degrade over time?

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I mean, can we ever move through time without our bodies deteriorating? Or is that a useless endeavour? If everything is energy, why must the illusion of the physical form (energy at low frequency) then degrade over time?

Yes so long as we dont speed up time, and we just move through it.

hacbad macbar

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Re: the bolded -- selective dyslexia is *so* much fun, isn't it?

Yes, it si. :D

Just curious -- have you always been a loner so to speak?

No. My symptoms dictates how much I'm alone. When I'm on Paroxetine, I'm ok.

Your high IQ makes me wonder whether some of your social phobias are due to (speaking of plasticity) your "neural netowrk" was *programmed* in youth to see people as dismissive / hostile / "they're all idiots" due to not fitting in during your formative years?

I don't know. It's so hard to speak about emotions. Everything is blured. You know, like a dream-state; nightmarish. All I have are symptoms and assumptions. But, there is a strong evidence that I'm suffering from Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder. Maybe I'm on autistic spectrum, also.

[MENTION=21521]hacbad macbar[/MENTION] If you could do or be anything in this world, if money was neither an object nor an obstacle, what would you do? What would be your great passion(s)? (Hmmm....that might be an idea for a thread.)

I don't know, so many passions, so many wishes, but social enviroment is problem. Actually, I'm problem for social enviroment. I don't fit in. But, if I must choose let's say - creative writer.

Opal

MBTI Type
ENTP
Please amass as much currency as possible, invest it in stable assets, and slowly liquidate them to donate to worthy causes, like public education, homeless shelters, and Halo 4 tournaments. :)

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
I don't know, so many passions, so many wishes, but social enviroment is problem. Actually, I'm problem for social enviroment. I don't fit in. But, if I must choose let's say - creative writer.

Creative writing is awesome. I don't think there was ever a true writer worth his or her salt that actually did fit in. I also think that being an effective writer requires a certain level of genius.

Hmmmm...Maybe part of the responsibility of being a genius means coming to terms with the fact that there is no true fitting in, yet never allowing oneself to become disillusioned enough to believe that we are responsible for our own inborn intelligence capacities, hence curbing tendencies toward arrogance. I think that Peter Parker's Uncle Ben was right when he said, "With great power comes great responsibility."

I'd like to share a story. My granny was a beautiful Cherokee girl and she was a linguistic genius (actually from the same family that had produced Seqouyah). She graduated high school when she was 11. She could've been or done anything, but somewhere along the way she got romantically involved with a boy (so much cultural emphasis was placed on dating and she wanted to fit in and be like other girls.) But with an IQ so high that she was doing college level classes before puberty, she was not like other girls and never would be. She was date raped and wound up pregnant at 17. The baby lived a year. My grandmother had the mind of a literary genius, but she ended up broke, lonely and abused; she died of a heart attack before her hair turned gray. She was never happy and a part of her always regretted not following her dream and continuing her education.

I don't know why I told you that except maybe to say that if you truly are a genius, I hope you latch onto a dream that will make a positive difference and that you stick to it. The world is so filled with people looking for someone to validate them and make them feel accepted, happy, but I believe happiness is a choice and once we choose to be happy and be who we are we come to realize that people who have done great things have rarely fit in with mainstream society. Haha...I just remembered a line from agent K to agent J on Men in Black (silly movie, but hey, even silly can house truth sometimes). "The masses are stupid. The individual is smart."

I've felt like an alien all of my life, even to those who know me best. I'm idealistic and a bit intense about the BIG things. I know that frightens some people away, but sometimes there is an advantage to being an alien. Shoot, every now and then I meet people who want to learn about my alien ways!

Chthonic

Yes so long as we dont speed up time, and we just move through it.

I'm going to assume for arguments sake here zero facetiousness from you on this one. What do you mean by speeding up time and have you any experience to suggest that you have succeeded in avoiding the deterioration of ageing for a period of time?