User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Results 51 to 60 of 81

  1. #51
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2014
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7
    Posts
    306

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grey_beard View Post
    Just be aware that Hugh Everett who invented many-worlds interpretation of quantum mechanics, committed suicide.
    One point you left out of success is getting along with others, and getting buy-in or help from them, rather than opposition.
    Yes, you are right. I have my personal demons too, but I'm trying to conquer them. Oppositional syndrome is a result of existing social anxiety and agoraphobia. I take my daily dosage of Paroxetine, so don't worry. And, I'm going to psychotherapy. I must take benzodiazepines sometimes when I'm going to see my shrink, but anxiety gradually decrease when I see her finally. I must rewierd* my brain; it's all about wrong patterns; neural circuits and paths; so if you know somethin about brain plasticity you get the point. But, problem is - when you rewire your brain, and change all your negative patterns, what about existing and pervasive existential anxiety which plagues you without a single warning?

    *Rewired; that one was purposeful

  2. #52
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2014
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7
    Posts
    306

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyyukon View Post
    I is genus to.
    Hahahahahaahha






  3. #53
    The Typing Tabby grey_beard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    1,504

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hacbad macbar View Post
    Yes, you are right. I have my personal demons too, but I'm trying to conquer them. Oppositional syndrome is a result of existing social anxiety and agoraphobia. I take my daily dosage of Paroxetine, so don't worry. And, I'm going to psychotherapy. I must take benzodiazepines sometimes when I'm going to see my shrink, but anxiety gradually decrease when I see her finally. I must rewierd* my brain; it's all about wrong patterns; neural circuits and paths; so if you know somethin about brain plasticity you get the point. But, problem is - when you rewire your brain, and change all your negative patterns, what about existing and pervasive existential anxiety which plagues you without a single warning?

    *Rewired; that one was purposeful
    Re: the bolded -- selective dyslexia is *so* much fun, isn't it?

    Just curious -- have you always been a loner so to speak? Your high IQ makes me wonder whether some of your social phobias are due to (speaking of plasticity) your "neural netowrk" was *programmed* in youth to see people as dismissive / hostile / "they're all idiots" due to not fitting in during your formative years?

    Just INTJ - *PING*ing on this one... no definite assertions and no offense intended.
    "Love never needs time. But friendship always needs time. More and more and more time, up to long past midnight." -- The Crime of Captain Gahagan

    Please comment on my johari / nohari pages.

  4. #54
    Senior Member Ene's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Posts
    3,545

    Default

    @hacbad macbar If you could do or be anything in this world, if money was neither an object nor an obstacle, what would you do? What would be your great passion(s)? (Hmmm....that might be an idea for a thread.)
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

  5. #55
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    686

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hacbad macbar View Post
    What do you mean by transcend the age? Do you mean - writing behind your chronological age?
    I mean, can we ever move through time without our bodies deteriorating? Or is that a useless endeavour? If everything is energy, why must the illusion of the physical form (energy at low frequency) then degrade over time?

  6. #56
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    STP
    Posts
    10,501

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chthonic View Post
    I mean, can we ever move through time without our bodies deteriorating? Or is that a useless endeavour? If everything is energy, why must the illusion of the physical form (energy at low frequency) then degrade over time?
    Yes so long as we dont speed up time, and we just move through it.
    Im out, its been fun

  7. #57
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2014
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7
    Posts
    306

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grey_beard View Post
    Re: the bolded -- selective dyslexia is *so* much fun, isn't it?
    Yes, it si.

    Just curious -- have you always been a loner so to speak?
    No. My symptoms dictates how much I'm alone. When I'm on Paroxetine, I'm ok.

    Your high IQ makes me wonder whether some of your social phobias are due to (speaking of plasticity) your "neural netowrk" was *programmed* in youth to see people as dismissive / hostile / "they're all idiots" due to not fitting in during your formative years?
    I don't know. It's so hard to speak about emotions. Everything is blured. You know, like a dream-state; nightmarish. All I have are symptoms and assumptions. But, there is a strong evidence that I'm suffering from Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder. Maybe I'm on autistic spectrum, also.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ene View Post
    @hacbad macbar If you could do or be anything in this world, if money was neither an object nor an obstacle, what would you do? What would be your great passion(s)? (Hmmm....that might be an idea for a thread.)
    I don't know, so many passions, so many wishes, but social enviroment is problem. Actually, I'm problem for social enviroment. I don't fit in. But, if I must choose let's say - creative writer.

  8. #58
    Senior Member Opal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    1,454

    Default

    Please amass as much currency as possible, invest it in stable assets, and slowly liquidate them to donate to worthy causes, like public education, homeless shelters, and Halo 4 tournaments.

  9. #59
    Senior Member Ene's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Posts
    3,545

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hacbad macbar View Post
    I don't know, so many passions, so many wishes, but social enviroment is problem. Actually, I'm problem for social enviroment. I don't fit in. But, if I must choose let's say - creative writer.
    Creative writing is awesome. I don't think there was ever a true writer worth his or her salt that actually did fit in. I also think that being an effective writer requires a certain level of genius.

    Hmmmm...Maybe part of the responsibility of being a genius means coming to terms with the fact that there is no true fitting in, yet never allowing oneself to become disillusioned enough to believe that we are responsible for our own inborn intelligence capacities, hence curbing tendencies toward arrogance. I think that Peter Parker's Uncle Ben was right when he said, "With great power comes great responsibility."

    I'd like to share a story. My granny was a beautiful Cherokee girl and she was a linguistic genius (actually from the same family that had produced Seqouyah). She graduated high school when she was 11. She could've been or done anything, but somewhere along the way she got romantically involved with a boy (so much cultural emphasis was placed on dating and she wanted to fit in and be like other girls.) But with an IQ so high that she was doing college level classes before puberty, she was not like other girls and never would be. She was date raped and wound up pregnant at 17. The baby lived a year. My grandmother had the mind of a literary genius, but she ended up broke, lonely and abused; she died of a heart attack before her hair turned gray. She was never happy and a part of her always regretted not following her dream and continuing her education.

    I don't know why I told you that except maybe to say that if you truly are a genius, I hope you latch onto a dream that will make a positive difference and that you stick to it. The world is so filled with people looking for someone to validate them and make them feel accepted, happy, but I believe happiness is a choice and once we choose to be happy and be who we are we come to realize that people who have done great things have rarely fit in with mainstream society. Haha...I just remembered a line from agent K to agent J on Men in Black (silly movie, but hey, even silly can house truth sometimes). "The masses are stupid. The individual is smart."

    I've felt like an alien all of my life, even to those who know me best. I'm idealistic and a bit intense about the BIG things. I know that frightens some people away, but sometimes there is an advantage to being an alien. Shoot, every now and then I meet people who want to learn about my alien ways!
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

  10. #60
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    686

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poki View Post
    Yes so long as we dont speed up time, and we just move through it.
    I'm going to assume for arguments sake here zero facetiousness from you on this one. What do you mean by speeding up time and have you any experience to suggest that you have succeeded in avoiding the deterioration of ageing for a period of time?

Similar Threads

  1. [INFJ] INFJs: Do you like your career/job? If so, what do you do?
    By sharons in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 02-21-2014, 09:17 PM
  2. Replies: 96
    Last Post: 10-23-2012, 09:41 AM
  3. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-29-2010, 10:49 PM
  4. What happens if you are in the middle?
    By Jon_sparky in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-23-2010, 05:54 PM
  5. So...what do you think?
    By Oberon in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 09-19-2007, 12:19 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO