User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 69

Thread: Freud and Jung

  1. #11
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,543

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    On what basis could you possibly make this claim? Freud had a hundred crack-pot theories that were no more than conjecture, but stated with the auhority of sceintific absolutism. Just because Freud said it was so, and a bunch sheep followed his tone of auhority, does not mean that Freud was a man of reason. It he seemed quite the opposite to me.

    Now Jung had some mysticism about him, but certainly no less than Freud, and I would say that Jung's ideas probably came closer to the reality of how the mind works, having described it has a machine of modular, functional process of varrying abilities.

    Jung also wasn't so completely obsessed with sexuality, so he didn't overmphasize it, nor was he quite as prone to label things pathological. Freud did it left an right.

    And from here on out, let me say that I don't care about how Freud or Jung related to the Nazis, because that doesn't say anything about the legitimacy of their theories.
    Jung, Islam and the Nazis are all opposed to the Enlightenment.

    And the Enlightenment gave us everything we value around us.

    And the Enlightenment is synonymous with reason and freedom.

  2. #12
    ^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp
    Posts
    13,911

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Jung, Islam and the Nazis are all opposed to the Enlightenment.
    That's an odd statement, in so far as I can't tell what it's purpose or relevance is. The only relevant thing I can pick out of that is the comment about Jung, and I don't think he was exactly against the whole enlightenment.

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    And the Enlightenment gave us everything we value around us.
    Huge over-statement.

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    And the Enlightenment is synonymous with reason and freedom.
    Ehhh.. it meant less freedom for some people. And what about it being a synonym with reason? This seems to be the making of some kind of pseudo-logical equation.

    In general, what you said was psycho-babble that seemed rather incoherent to my response.
    Go to sleep, iguana.


    _________________________________
    INTP. Type 1>6>5. sx/sp.
    Live and let live will just amount to might makes right

  3. #13
    にゃん runvardh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    8,559

    Default

    I'd like to know this "the Enlightenment" is, you almost make it sound like a religion itself.

    Edit: and yes, you should set up your own blog. looks like you need one badly.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

    INFP, 6w7, IEI

    I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  4. #14
    ^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp
    Posts
    13,911

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    I'd like to know this "the Enlightenment" is, you almost make it sound like a religion itself.

    Edit: and yes, you should set up your own blog. looks like you need one badly.
    He's referring to this: Age of Enlightenment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Go to sleep, iguana.


    _________________________________
    INTP. Type 1>6>5. sx/sp.
    Live and let live will just amount to might makes right

  5. #15
    にゃん runvardh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    8,559

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    No wonder science has become it's own religion...
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

    INFP, 6w7, IEI

    I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  6. #16
    no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    4,516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Re: Victor on Enlightenment
    Why do you even indulge him?
    we fukin won boys

  7. #17
    no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    4,516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    No wonder science has become it's own religion...
    NO!
    NEVER!
    RELIGION?
    YOU'RE WRONG! LOOK IF WE CALCULATE THESE TWO FACTORS X AND Z WE'RE INSTANTLY DRAWN TO THIS CONCLUSION. SCIENCE IS NO RELIGION.


    (No seriously it's not a religion: Science actually has potential, but almost all of the scientific community could pass for zealots)
    we fukin won boys

  8. #18
    ^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp
    Posts
    13,911

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    Why do you even indulge him?
    Whenever people ask me a question like this, I always say "I'm sharpening my knives".
    Go to sleep, iguana.


    _________________________________
    INTP. Type 1>6>5. sx/sp.
    Live and let live will just amount to might makes right

  9. #19
    no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    4,516

    Default

    Fair enough.
    we fukin won boys

  10. #20
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,543

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    I'd like to know this "the Enlightenment" is, you almost make it sound like a religion itself.
    The Enlightenment is very important - you might even say of overriding importance in relations between your country and mine.

    For your country was founded by Religious Dissidents while mine was founded by the Scottish and English Enlightenment.

Similar Threads

  1. The differences between the MBTI and Jung
    By Entropic in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 02-17-2017, 05:41 PM
  2. 1913: When Hitler, Trotsky, Tito, Freud and Stalin all lived in the same place
    By Olm the Water King in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-12-2016, 04:02 PM
  3. Freud vs. Jung
    By GarrotTheThief in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 12-22-2014, 09:39 PM
  4. Freud or Jung?
    By Julius_Van_Der_Beak in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 08-13-2013, 10:27 AM
  5. "A Dangerous Method" A film about Jung, Freud, and Spielrein
    By iwakar in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 06-19-2012, 08:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO