• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

People who have difficulty saying no

robowolf

MBTI Type
FREE
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Nobody should be intimidated by others.

Well... If it's your caregiver or your boss, you need them to like you, since it's much more likely that you'll be helped by someone who likes you and fired by someone who doesn't. We desire others' approval for survival: the more people are on our side, the more help we might get.

Those who can't say no probably have low self confidence and think they can't survive on their own, so they try to please everyone (because if everyone likes you, chances are they'll help you).

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Be a Yes Man/Woman!

Unless in doing so drags down your energy and keeps you from staying on top of your shit

Aside from major life decisions, all in all I've regretted the"nos" more than the "yeses"

It took some maturing but the nos I was confident in were because I had important shit to do concerning my overall well-being.

danseen

MBTI Type
INTP
Well... If it's your caregiver or your boss, you need them to like you, since it's much more likely that you'll be helped by someone who likes you and fired by someone who doesn't. We desire others' approval for survival: the more people are on our side, the more help we might get.

Those who can't say no probably have low self confidence and think they can't survive on their own, so they try to please everyone (because if everyone likes you, chances are they'll help you).

that's not the point. A major people cannot say no is because they are fearful to assert their own needs/boundaries.

Mole

Permabanned
If I consider the other person's feelings, and explain why I am saying no, no becomes acceptable.

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
If I consider the other person's feelings, and explain why I am saying no, no becomes acceptable.
This is an excellent philosophy.

We also tend to make lame and untruthful excuses for saying no. If we care about the other, the explanation should be legit, even if it is unpleasant.

Mademoiselle

noʎ ɟo ǝʇnɔ ʍoH
MBTI Type
-NTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I think what you are saying is worth examining, but may come across as pejorative to some.

For many, an intense desire for emotional closeness causes paralysis, indecisiveness and inaction.
It is important to remember that you cannot achieve profound emotional closeness with someone unless you embrace revealing your deeply negative thoughts as willingly as your positive.

The cause of this incorrect reaction is overvaluing people.