• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Emotional Intelligence Is Overrated

PocketFullOf

literally your mother
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
pot
I think in some cases it might be more important than IQ.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
No in the grand scheme of humanity, at this juncture EQ is underrated and IQ is overrated. Seriously if I converse online with one more self typed INT with extremely low EQ who thinks their IQ is beneficial to mankind I'll puke. Let's have more Einstein, a man with a high IQ who had ethics and knew how to love.

I just.... can't read this anymore.

:doh:

How do you know he knew how to love? Divorcing your wife and leaving her with the kids is love? Ending up with his cousin, is love, because lets keep it in the family?

Yaru

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I just.... can't read this anymore.

:doh:

How do you know he knew how to love? Divorcing your wife and leaving her with the kids is love? Ending up with his cousin, is love, because lets keep it in the family?

Anybody can judge someone else's life. It will never be the same as living it.

Yes. That is love. Love for oneself. Do you think kids would have grown healthy and happy in a family where their parents don't love each other but are forced to keep a united fake family. And you can like it or not, but situations like that one make you grow and understand life more as you're a young person. Staying in a relationship and in a family you dont want to be in isn't love, is fear of change and discovering that you don't know how to be yourself and make your own decisions. It isn't productive at all.
But that's how society is built. They set fake standards of values that don't exist and make people lose their own self.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I guess for Einstein she's talking about his writings and "philanthropic love" for humanity, which was apparent.

I'm aware he did divorce/leave his wife and marry his cousin, but the details aren't fresh enough in my head to comment coherently on it.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
my issue with the amanda bynes thing is not that she's mentally ill or that people don't understand (that's just life) but rather she's treated like a circus act.

Mole

Permabanned
Look, look Mademoiselle, my dear Mademoiselle, all I want to know is your emotional intelligence overrated?

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
you do know that people manipulate the tests they figure out what the company wants and lie on the tests. I dunno can we just do hunger games and the last person left gets enough food to feed their family. we're turning into a hybrid of bread and circuses and internment camps, under the name of FEMA like we're all gonna be homeless and die anyways. I can't worry about mine or your eq right now I got to learn how to shoot guns

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Anybody can judge someone else's life. It will never be the same as living it.

Yes. That is love. Love for oneself. Do you think kids would have grown healthy and happy in a family where their parents don't love each other but are forced to keep a united fake family. And you can like it or not, but situations like that one make you grow and understand life more as you're a young person. Staying in a relationship and in a family you dont want to be in isn't love, is fear of change and discovering that you don't know how to be yourself and make your own decisions. It isn't productive at all.
But that's how society is built. They set fake standards of values that don't exist and make people lose their own self.

When you have children, you no longer have the luxury of simply satisfying your own self. Leaving an unhappy and unhealthy relationship is one thing, that doesn't green light discarding your children, like them or not.

Yaru

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
When you have children, you no longer have the luxury of simply satisfying your own self. Leaving an unhappy and unhealthy relationship is one thing, that doesn't green light discarding your children, like them or not.

I know what I'm talking about even if I am 20 years old.
My mother left when I was 5. Not because she didn't like me , but because she was having a really unhealthy relationship with my father and needed to go find herself. She wanted to take me with her at first, but my father didn't want to. So I had to stay. But I always understood her decision and never blamed her for that.
Now that I met her the only thing that upsets me and makes me feel bad is that she went back to her old habit of having a terrible relationship with men that destroy her, and our separation resulted useless after all. But if she was happy I wouldn't have problems with that.
You give birth to children for the world not for yourself, you can see that in animals. You teach them values and what they need to be good people and then leave them to live their own life. She taught me a lot. And now I can say I'm not narrow-minded about this kind of stuff. It doesn't mean that the day I will have children I would leave them. I will keep them by my side as long is healthy for the two of us.

Everyone has got different lives and experiences, and values just can't be the same for all people. Everybody have the right to build their own value set, their own opinions that are right for them and people around them, but it doesn't mean that they aren't supposed to at least try to understand the decisions of other people.

We don't know Einstein. History as, people's stories, even present ones, are all suppositions and versions chosen for convenience only. Not even Einstein himself would ever tell us the truth. He did too make mistakes as his own familiars made mistakes too, because there's not such thing as the perfect person. There can be slightly better people and slightly worse. This doesn't make of anyone a bad person. We don't know what's behind what we read or what we hear, so I don't think we have the right to judge. He was a great mind. Like not many. And a person who was as good as he was bad. Like all of us.

Mademoiselle

noʎ ɟo ǝʇnɔ ʍoH
MBTI Type
-NTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Look, look Mademoiselle, my dear Mademoiselle, all I want to know is your emotional intelligence overrated?

Let me think..
Actually while typing me they catch emotions from me, more than I have.
If it means overrated then yes at that case.
However, I’d like to have enough emotions to be proper, I need to have it,.
So, I don’t mind adopting “emotional” in my character, although it’s not true..
I totally accept my type as it is, but just like every other type I need to improve it.
And, yes, mine is overrated just like how it should be.
But to be honest I don’t have it, yet I show it.

Mole

Permabanned

Let me think..
Actually while typing me they catch emotions from me, more than I have.
If it means overrated then yes at that case.
However, I’d like to have enough emotions to be proper, I need to have it,.
So, I don’t mind adopting “emotional” in my character, although it’s not true..
I totally accept my type as it is, but just like every other type I need to improve it.
And, yes, mine is overrated just like how it should be.
But to be honest I don’t have it, yet I show it.

Imagine that I am emotional. Imagine my emotions stream out of me like a radio broadcast. And imagine you can tune the radio. And you have a radio of your own. You can tune your radio to my frequency and I can tune my radio to your frequency. So if you sit in one corner of the room and I sit in the other corner, we can broadcast in stereo.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Imagine that I am emotional. Imagine my emotions stream out of me like a radio broadcast. And imagine you can tune the radio. And you have a radio of your own. You can tune your radio to my frequency and I can tune my radio to your frequency. So if you sit in one corner of the room and I sit in the other corner, we can broadcast in stereo.
Silence is golden.

Mole

Permabanned
Silence is golden.

Indeed, my dear Coriolis, when we are tuned to different frequencies, we can't broadcast in stereo, we only create cacophoney, and so silence is golden, and we sit on opposite sides of the room, indeed, on opposite sides of the planet, in silence.

Mademoiselle

noʎ ɟo ǝʇnɔ ʍoH
MBTI Type
-NTJ
Enneagram
5w4

Thanks for helping out..
(I was surprised to realise it was you.. I thought it was riva who posted that. :| )
I create my own tunes indeed.

danseen

MBTI Type
INTP
I'm a marketer.....I know from experience that consumers buy on emotions. Appealing to emotion is key at all times

danseen

MBTI Type
INTP
More or less. And businesses typically run on a profit maximisation scheme, even if that involves hesitatingly adhering to things like "corporate social responsibility" because it manipulates the public to have a positive disposition towards the business. If you're in big business, you're not going to want people with consciences, especially in sales. Logic, strategic planning and a touch of the Machiavellian are what put businesses ahead, not high EQ scores.

I run a business wow evil business owners who provide things of value.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm a marketer.....I know from experience that consumers buy on emotions. Appealing to emotion is key at all times
Unfortunately, many people do. Equally unfortunately this is why the widespread teaching of alternative methods of analyzing information and making decisions are not supported, at least by U.S. corporations. It is much easier to manipulate people's emotions than to make a logical case for the merits of one's product or service, not to mention making a product or providing a service that is worth buying on its own merits.

danseen

MBTI Type
INTP
Unfortunately, many people do. Equally unfortunately this is why the widespread teaching of alternative methods of analyzing information and making decisions are not supported, at least by U.S. corporations. It is much easier to manipulate people's emotions than to make a logical case for the merits of one's product or service, not to mention making a product or providing a service that is worth buying on its own merits.

OK....so using emotions to say buying an iPhone to talk with friends is evil...when that's to a large part what a smartphone is for.....Got it...